Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2008, 05:24 PM   #1
sa meredith

Default CJ's Laconia

3 of us were up in Meredith this past Saturday night/ Sunday for early morning golf or boating, followed by watching the Pats/Jets at 4. The weather man cancelled our outdoor plans early, on Sunday, so at 2:30 we headed over to Tbones in Laconia, and ended up downstairs at CJ's. Great, great place to watch games. I had no idea how many quality TVs they had. We were able to watch the end of both 1PM games, and the last 4 innings of a GREAT Sox game, without leaving the bar stool. Had to swivel, but no problem. Drafts were 1.99 (or 2.99, not sure...I think Bud Light Draft was 1.99), and all apps (except shrimp) were 5.99 during Boston sporting events. Seriously, this place is very nice...and lively during Pat's games (or maybe we made it that way...we were quite loud).
As the Pat's game began, a small room they have on the side cleared out, so we moved, and ended up sitting on leather sofas...they have two or three...with full service in this room (I think they call it "Texas"). Great time...ate like pigs..and drank, A LOT...there for 4.5 hours, and bill was $130 for 3 of us...thought this to be very reasonable. Remember though...I believe these prices were available only during game time.
If you happen to be driving by this place, stop in and give it a look. I never knew it to be a sports bar, but was wrong.
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:59 PM   #2
cjs

Unhappy

That's awesome. Hope you all walked home! I remember the good ol' days watching the sports at the bar, of course we drove, wrong thing to do!
cjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 06:11 PM   #3
sa meredith

Default good point...

One out of the three of us had only three drafts during the four hours.
I guess I didn't see how that would be part of a "review" of a restaurant. But, since you brought it up...
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:27 PM   #4
Pineedles

Default Good review

sa,

Sounds like you guys had a good time! Having read your posts in the past I know that you are responsible guy. People seem to think they have to interject their cautions after the fact, to be politically correct. Thanks for the honest review of the place (Didn't need to hear who the designated driver was as a part of the review)
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 08:44 AM   #5
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,625 Times in 561 Posts

Don't worry, SA, the body metabolizes the effects of one drink per hour,so it's possible to drink 8 beers in 8 hours and leave as sober as a judge.....well,some judges. Do they sell that new Bud Lite Lime?......if they do,I'm there.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2008, 12:24 PM   #6
jrc

I like Catus Jacks and go whenever it's not crowded. It's a tough place to go to when crowded, they don't have a hostess. You seat yourselves. That means you walk in and wander around until you find a spot. If you can't find a spot you have to sort of hang around and wait.

So now I'll take one walk through then go put my name in upstairs, at least I know I'll eventually get a table.

The food is great, I love the fish tacos and the BBQ.
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 06:12 PM   #7
Cristen

I've been to Cactus Jack's a bunch of times. The food is really good. The menu is huge, so it's sometimes tough to decide what to get....
Cristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 09:24 AM   #8
Slickcraft

Thanked 1,999 Times in 913 Posts

We have been going to CJ's on a regular basis for more than a year, very good food, reasonable prices and good selection of draft beer.

Recently we finally decided to try the T-Bones upstairs and were pleasantly surprised: another nice food selection with a more finished overall ambience. I assume it is the same kitchen but I did not ask if one can cross-order from the two different menus.

We have a senior "Paybacks" card. Normally on any paybacks card you get a $10 certificate for future use for every $100 spent at either CJ's or TB's, fractional balance kept in the system. With the "senior gold" card if we arrive between 1 and 5pm we get double credit so we get $10 for every $50 spent. See:
http://www.go2cjs.com/paybacks.php
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 03:56 PM   #9
Waterbaby

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickcraft View Post
We have been going to CJ's on a regular basis for more than a year, very good food, reasonable prices and good selection of draft beer.

Recently we finally decided to try the T-Bones upstairs and were pleasantly surprised: another nice food selection with a more finished overall ambience. I assume it is the same kitchen but I did not ask if one can cross-order from the two different menus.

We have a senior "Paybacks" card. Normally on any paybacks card you get a $10 certificate for future use for every $100 spent at either CJ's or TB's, fractional balance kept in the system. With the "senior gold" card if we arrive between 1 and 5pm we get double credit so we get $10 for every $50 spent. See:
http://www.go2cjs.com/paybacks.php
Even more reason to go! My Hubby is 55 (way older than me ) so he could collect the extra points for us.......... plus we're early eaters..............
Old 09-18-2008, 05:22 PM   #10
The Big Kahuna

Default A good place to go, for real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristen View Post
I've been to Cactus Jack's a bunch of times. The food is really good. The menu is huge, so it's sometimes tough to decide what to get....
I have been three or four times this year, both up stairs and down stairs, very nice place to go for casual dining, a big selection at the right price. I am Glad they chose to set up in that location.
The Big Kahuna is offline   Reply With Quote