Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2010, 09:53 PM   #1
jkjoshuatree

Thumbs up Lago...2 Thumbs Up!!

Just thought I'd give a review of Lago seeing that my family and I went last night.

We tried the Woodshed but forgetting it was Friday we didn't make reservations and they couldn't take us until nine.

We "called-ahead" for Lago and they took us by the time we arrived from the Woodshed about 30 minutes later. Nice surprise!

Bread with olive oil to start.

Apps of calamari and artichokes, bruschetta, and caesar salad. All were great.

Dinners included 2 chicken parms (both for kids), veal parm, pizza special (roasted red peppers, onions, and chicken), pan-fried scallops with risotto, and chicken marsala (my meal). Again, all of them were great-very fresh, huge portions, and delicious.

Our water glasses were always full, our drinks replaced with fresh ones as asked and the waiter was quick and efficient.

My only complaint was that he said he wanted to "recycle" our glasses when we ordered second drinks. That's a definite no-no in the restaurant industry (besides-it's tacky as hell and kind of gross if you think about it) but I didn't say anything because the place was packed and no one else at the table seemed to mind. Maybe they were running short on glasses but whatever.

The limoncello was a nice touch (as was the white chocolate-which I don't usually care for, but theirs was very tasty-not too sweet) and my mom and sister raved about the coffee (pressed fresh right at the table).

So overall I'd say it was a great meal and a great night with family!
Old 07-25-2010, 09:52 AM   #2
NHKathy

JK: I know in another thread, you mentioned that Lago has outdoor seating; now, if you sit inside, I assume there are nice window seats with water views as well? Glad to hear the good review, I just may add Lago to my list for this year...
NHKathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:40 AM   #3
jkjoshuatree

Wink NHKathy

Yeah, there is outdoor seating as well.

Small wooden tables right at the water's edge. There's also a small bar outside with four or five seats. And there's a small covered porch area just outside the main inside dining area with two benches and chairs.

Last year my family and I didn't want to wait for a table and sat right at the benches and ate. It worked out perfectly because it started raining but we were still outside.

And you assumed right. There are tables inside with water views. If it's busy, grab a drink at the bar and then step outside and enjoy the view while you wait.
NHKathy (07-25-2010)
Old 07-26-2010, 05:52 PM   #4
MarkinNH

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkjoshuatree View Post
My only complaint was that he said he wanted to "recycle" our glasses when we ordered second drinks. That's a definite no-no in the restaurant industry (besides-it's tacky as hell and kind of gross if you think about it) but I didn't say anything because the place was packed and no one else at the table seemed to mind. Maybe they were running short on glasses but whatever.
I have never liked when resteraunts do that. I always wonder if I truly get MY glass back or somebody else's at the table.
MarkinNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:50 AM   #5
Shore Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinNH View Post
I have never liked when resteraunts do that. I always wonder if I truly get MY glass back or somebody else's at the table.
I agree. Bring the bottle and pour it in front of me if you are going to do that!
Shore Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2010, 08:08 AM   #6
Gatto Nero

Default Heat

I just bought $150 worth of certificates for $12. Hard to beat that. I bought a few for Heat since I thinking of trying it anyway and figure my kids my like to try it as well. Has anybody been there yet?