Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-30-2010, 07:40 PM   #1
Coolbreeze

Default Empty the trash cans!!!

How hard is it to empty the trash cans at the Wolfeboro town dock! The town of Wolfeboro should be embarrassed about how they maintain the trash situation at the town docks. With the experience from being the "oldest vacation spot.." you would think that the the town manager would know to have a employee responsible to empty the cans more frequently during the active summer nights and days. Now there is trash blowing into the lake from the over flowing trash bins. Nice job guys! Get on the ball Mr. Manager!
Coolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:54 PM   #2
topwater

What did the Town Officials say when you called them to complain about it? After all I'm sure you called them before airing it here. I would be curious what they said and how they were going to handle the sitituation.
topwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:31 AM   #3
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolbreeze View Post
How hard is it to empty the trash cans at the Wolfeboro town dock! The town of Wolfeboro should be embarrassed about how they maintain the trash situation at the town docks. With the experience from being the "oldest vacation spot.." you would think that the the town manager would know to have a employee responsible to empty the cans more frequently during the active summer nights and days. Now there is trash blowing into the lake from the over flowing trash bins. Nice job guys! Get on the ball Mr. Manager!
Sure the town deserves a little scolding, but how about the general public as well? I've seen those garbage cans filled up before, but do you think that stops anyone from trying to stuff just one more thing on top of the pile? Yes it's the towns responsibility to keep those things empty, but when it is full it's everyone's responsibility to have the common courtesy to find another place to throw their trash away too.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post:
Jonas Pilot (07-01-2010), Pineedles (07-01-2010), VitaBene (07-01-2010)
Old 07-01-2010, 09:23 AM   #4
nada

Default trash

The trash cans are emptied at the dock area twice a day in the summer, and as a previous poster said the public could put a little effort into using a receptacle further away from the"convenient receptacle" next to the docks.

Also you would be surprised at what is put into these receptacle's as i have seen TV's, computers, tires, hazardous waste ie oils, gas etc etc

The receptacles are NOT for homeowner use, but there are some "islander's" that do use them for just that.
nada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nada For This Useful Post:
Pineedles (07-01-2010)
Old 07-01-2010, 10:46 AM   #5
dpg

Nada - are you a town employee?
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2010, 01:09 PM   #6
nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
Nada - are you a town employee?
Yes,for the Solid Waste Facility
nada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:49 PM   #7
NonVoting Taxpayer

Coolbreeze
just out of curiosity, did you have trash to put in the can or just an observer? If you had trash, did it come from one of the stores in the area or were you cleaning out your car or boat?
NonVoting Taxpayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 07:05 AM   #8
Coolbreeze

A 16 ounce cup, a few napkins, a snotty kleenex, two wet wipes that I used to clean my kids hands from the dripping ice cream. AND I was really careful to stuff all that into the cup and put the lid on it so it didn't blow out of the tiny 4" spot I found in the over stuffed can next to the boat launch.
Coolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote