Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-24-2006, 06:28 PM   #1
Aquadeziac

Default Christmas Island?

Any feedback on Christmas Island? Looking for a good steak/prime rib restaurant in Gilford/Weirs for a small family birthday supper. Anyone have firsthand experience at Christmas Island?
Old 08-24-2006, 09:02 PM   #2
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,054 Times in 497 Posts
Default Try Lyon's Den

Check out the post on Lyons Den... in the resturant reviews. Been there a number of times... nice young couple owns the place... food is great.. and I understand they have a nice "private" room available.

Casual but classy set-up.

I've had the steak... great ribeye.. and I'd bet they would do a prime rib for you...

It's at the Glendale Docks... right by the Marine Patrol HQ

SteveA
Old 08-24-2006, 09:29 PM   #3
Waterbaby

Thumbs up Christmas Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquadeziac
Any feedback on Christmas Island? Looking for a good steak/prime rib restaurant in Gilford/Weirs for a small family birthday supper. Anyone have firsthand experience at Christmas Island?
Hubby and I've been eating at Christmas Island for, well, not saying how long but it's well over a decade...... never a bad meal! Portions are always hefty, food is always good, and we've rarely had a complaint about the service. I think it depends on what you are looking for as far as atmosphere -- it's a typical "steakhouse" atmosphere, can be noisy but I've never seen anyone seem to mind the noise level. Their prime rib is some of the best I've ever had, especially when they throw it on the grill -- I think Tony invented that! (Tony is the owner.) They seem to be able to accomodate every size party from a couple to a large gathering; I've been there in both size groups and everything in between. I'd definitely give them a shot!
Waterbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 07:24 AM   #4
Woodsy

Christmas Island has some of the best prime Rib around. They will cater to your party with no worries. I have been going there for years. Its one of those "local" places that doesn't get alot of press.

Waterbaby is right... try the Prime Rib grilled....

Woodsy
Old 09-06-2006, 10:31 AM   #5
WeirsGuard

Default Christmas Island

My wife and I have "re-discoverd" the Christmas Island Steak House over the past two years. Never had a bad meal there. The Prime Rib is fantastic and the prices cannot be beat. Try their Chicken or Veal Parm, it is out of this world. Service is always great and though the atmosphere is noisy at times it is what you would expect for a family oriented place. On an off night when it is not crowded it is one of the nicest dining experiences in the area. The owners should be proud of their place and their staff.
WeirsGuard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links