Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2010, 06:12 AM   #1
dpg

Default Phantom Gourmet And The Pizza Barn

Saw the "Barn" again this weekend on the Phantom Gourmet. It was the show rating pizza and subs. One of the Andelman brothers raved about their pepperoni pizza as being one of his favorite. Repeat show I believe, they have been on before.

I gotta get there and try one.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 07:21 AM   #2
RailroadJoe

Been there. Was not impressed.
RailroadJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:08 AM   #3
nicole

I agree-I was not impressed either. I picked off the pepperoni and ate it-could not eat any other part of it. Pizza way too thick for my taste. I am however a pizza snob and like thin Italian pizza not the Greek style pizza that so many here and in NH like. So maybe I am in the minority when it comes to the Pizza Barn.
nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:25 PM   #4
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Exclamation Phantom Gourmet

Seems to me the Phantom Gourmet is just a long ad that really makes you hungry.
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rattlesnake Gal For This Useful Post:
kauriel (11-25-2010), Waterbaby (11-03-2010)
Old 11-23-2010, 10:56 PM   #5
gokart-mozart

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole View Post
I agree-I was not impressed either. I picked off the pepperoni and ate it-could not eat any other part of it. Pizza way too thick for my taste. I am however a pizza snob and like thin Italian pizza not the Greek style pizza that so many here and in NH like. So maybe I am in the minority when it comes to the Pizza Barn.
Well, you may be a pizza snob but I am originally from Brooklyn, NY which is pizza central, AFAIK.

I too hate Greek "pizza", but the Pizza barn product isn't really that. It's a unique take on pizza, John does a great job. Although it is not really trad, it tastes great - try it again.
gokart-mozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2010, 08:48 AM   #6
nicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokart-mozart View Post
Well, you may be a pizza snob but I am originally from Brooklyn, NY which is pizza central, AFAIK.

I too hate Greek "pizza", but the Pizza barn product isn't really that. It's a unique take on pizza, John does a great job. Although it is not really trad, it tastes great - try it again.
Well I did not mean to imply that the Pizza Barn was Greek pizza. I was merely mentioning that most people up here enjoy Greek pizza and I do not. Regardless of what "type" of pizza is served at the Pizza Barn, I only need to go once to know it is not what I like-way too thick and not tasty at all. My husband who grew up on NY pizza did not like it either.

Well I am orignally from the NY area as well and I have eaten many a great pie in Brooklyn as well as other areas in Connecticut and NJ so I know what I like in a pizza and The Pizza Barn is not it. Many people like it though so to each their own
nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:13 PM   #7
fugitivewife

We live in Boston's North End and avoid any restaurant there that the Phantom recommends. I guess the same goes up here.
fugitivewife is offline   Reply With Quote