Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Fish Tales
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2015, 10:01 AM   #1
jakeshea42

Default last minute fishing

I've been on the lake all year and havent had much luck fishing. a few smallmouth here and there, but nothing huge. any suggestions on a good end of the season spot for lake trout? and whats a good lure? thanks
jakeshea42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 11:45 AM   #2
znh

I know people are still catching trout at around 40-50 feet between Welch and the mainland. Spoons, wobblers and local flies seem to be the most common lure. Good luck...a beautiful day today fish or no fish...
znh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 01:23 PM   #3
Mink Islander

Default late season fishing

You will find Rainbows relatively shallow early in the morning - even boiling the surface. Caught one two weeks ago trolling at 8 feet! I've been typically trolling between 35 and 70 feet between Timber Island, Governors Island and Meredith Neck relatively early in the day (6-8:30). A variety of Top Guns and DB Smelt lures have been working for both salmon and lakers. Silver and also copper hammered Top Guns have been good lately.

I am particularly happy with my new Cannon Digitrol downrigger that allows me to oscillate between two depths automatically. My daily catch has been notably better off of the rigger vs. lead core this year. Before buying the Digitroll, I used to take my rigger deep and then manually release the line to get a similar effect of causing the lure to move up through the water column vs. being dragger around at a set depth. Can be pretty effective too.
Mink Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mink Islander For This Useful Post:
wynndog (09-01-2015)