Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-08-2012, 08:48 PM   #1
baygo

Default Laconia Bakery

I've stopped in a number of times and grabbed a quick cookie. I've always found it to be a satisfying snack. Yesterday I gave the Bakery a shot for lunch. WOW!! Great chicken parm sandwich. Really good home-made onion rings also. It's worth a trip if you live on the other side of the lake, but come for a late lunch because there are only a few seats. You can always have lunch bagged and take i to the lake.
baygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:23 PM   #2
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default Village Bakery

Are you talking about the Village Bakery, downtown Laconia? Yes the bakery is very good but the hours are limited. By the time I get home from work in Concord they are closed. They are also closed Saturday afternoon and Sundays. I don't get a chance to patronized.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:02 PM   #3
angela4design

Default Delicious AND Green!

Not only are they delicious and homemade, they run a green business! They use as much locally-grown ingredients as they can get their hands on (farmer's market, etc), compost their materials, and recycle trash, etc. I find that really valuable as a business. It's harder to do the right thing for the planet, it takes extra time and maybe some extra money, but they go above the call of duty to do so!

I love that their sandwiches are on their own home-made breads, soups and stews are hearty and fresh... a great stop for breakfast or lunch any day!
angela4design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:14 PM   #4
Overlake97

Thumbs up I'm addicted to this place

After living here for 20 years, and never going inside this little bakery, I've now been in about 5 times in two weeks. What took me so long?! Their baked goods, which change somewhat daily, are head and shoulders above the local markets (Hannaford, Shaws, etc.) and any other bakery-like places around, especially the oversized Russian Tea Cakes, the other Cookies (shortbread, oatmeal, choc chip, the usual suspects; all are great), the Strudel (would have been happy with just the Raspberry, but it also had almond paste in the bottom: 5 out of 5 stars!) and various Bars (e.g., Chocolate Cheesecake, Date-Nut, etc.). This morning I got a large Cheese Danish, and would have been happy with just the pastry part of it, it was that good. The first time I went in they had some great looking 7" Banana Creme pies for $5, which I passed on and have not seen since, but have not stopped thinking about. So, basically, I am addicted.

They're also apparently known for their lunch options (salads, sandwichs, etc.), but I haven't yet ventured beyond the pastries. Come to think of it, I'd better do so soon, as I don't want to be writing another review years later that starts out like this one did!
Overlake97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:41 PM   #5
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default Local Eatery

The former Black Cat Cafe at the railroad station is now owned by the same folks that owns Laconia Bakery. The food is to die for and the food is locally grown and prepared. The menu changes according to season and availability of local produce and meat.

I had them bake a semisweet chocolate cake with coffee frosting for an office party. It was an instant hit!
trfour (12-14-2012)
Sponsored Links