Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating > Boat Repairs & Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-09-2010, 08:29 AM   #1
IslandRadio

Default Sunfish Rudder?

The rudder for our Sunfish has apparently sprouted little legs and walked...

Anyone got one or know where one can be had for a REASONABLE price? They are all over the Internet, but for almost as much as one can get a used Sunfish.

I also noticed the new ones (or at least the replacement units) aren't made from wood anymore....

Thanks and Regards,

Steve
IslandRadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:02 PM   #2
Winnipesaukee Divers

Default Wished I had known...

I see them from time to time on the bottom. In fact, I had one in hand just last fall. I use to have a Sunfish so I know what I'm looking at and I was wondering how I could make use of it. However, if I were to salvage it I'd have to end the dive right there. As I do so often, I mark the spot and move on in hopes of finding better treasures. I know right where it is (off Brewster beach), but all my dive time is taken up for the next few weeks with "Moring Field Hell". We have a new 48' sailboat coming to the Club soon and I have to get the mooring ready for her arrival.

If you'd take up diving, chances are you would never want for a rudder, centerboard (fiberglass), anchor, anchor lines, dock lines, the mast or ratty looking sails ever again.

BTW: I heard that Dive Winnipesaukee in Wolfeboro has great deals on SCUBA lessons and gear this spring. It's an Adventure of a lifetime.

PS: There is no connections between me and the Dive Winnipesaukee store - we're just good friends.
Winnipesaukee Divers is offline   Reply With Quote