Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2020, 07:42 AM   #1
baygo

Default Discrimination charges.

I recently observed an individual who openly stated that he would only consider employment of a specific gender for a position. Sure enough, he awarded the position to an individual of that gender without ever interviewing members of the opposite gender.

I decided to go to the EEOC web site to see what the procedure is to file suit. This is were you come in. I am asking a few of you to confirm that this government agency website on a secure sever displays this content. We need to think twice about what we are trusting from the Web.

https://publicportal.eeoc.gov/portal/

I am also wondering why this particular page has been targeted. I wonder if 1000s of other have attempted to file a similar claim and someone is blocking it. Call it conspiracy theory if you wish, however if so please provide me an alternative theory.
baygo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to baygo For This Useful Post:
indian (09-14-2020)
Old 09-13-2020, 08:13 AM   #2
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

I played around over there for a bit, and it appears the only page that doesn't work is the one you linked to.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 08:24 AM   #3
baygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
I played around over there for a bit, and it appears the only page that doesn't work is the one you linked to.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Yes I was Able to access other portions of the site however when clicking on the link to a form to actually file a complaint I encountered the message that top_water has confirmed. It’s very peculiar.
Old 09-13-2020, 09:19 AM   #4
Sue Doe-Nym

Default Discrimination

This is merely an observation, and is not directed at the OP......am I the only one who’s sick to death of so many playing the “discrimination card”? It’s become the in thing to sue on the basis of gender, race, age......anything that doesn’t go an individual’s way. Don’t get me wrong....discrimination is wrong....but some of the claims are off the charts. JMO.
Sue Doe-Nym is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sue Doe-Nym For This Useful Post:
Charlie T (09-13-2020), DRH (09-14-2020), Hillcountry (09-13-2020), Reilly (11-21-2020), Top-Water (09-13-2020), XCR-700 (09-13-2020)
Old 09-13-2020, 09:49 AM   #5
winniwannabe

Thumbs up

About 20 yrs ago I worked in a small sub shop in MA. The man who hired me
sold the business back to the original owner, a Greek gentleman, and he
dIid renovations so I was unemployed for a short time. He hired me back and after about a year I asked another woman working there (she was Brazilian),
why no other Americans worked for him and she said he doesn't hire Americans because they don't want to work and are always out sick or looking for time off.
I asked the owner about it and he said he hired me because I was married w/
kids. I wasn't offended but I learned how to speak Spanish w/o Babbel.com
Discrimination's out there. Good luck filing a complaint.
winniwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winniwannabe For This Useful Post:
ApS (09-14-2020), mswlogo (09-14-2020)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2020, 09:50 AM   #6
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym View Post
This is merely an observation, and is not directed at the OP......am I the only one who’s sick to death of so many playing the “discrimination card”? It’s become the in thing to sue on the basis of gender, race, age......anything that doesn’t go an individual’s way. Don’t get me wrong....discrimination is wrong....but some of the claims are off the charts. JMO.
Unfortunately discrimination still exists today. Looking at it objectively it's incredibly difficult to change as there are so many stereotypes and variations that come with it there is no set way to address it never mind identify its source. Many businesses today are forcing the issue by installing quotas where it is not about hiring based on qualification, experience and expertise but rather simply on appearance. Then again I've personally seen well qualified candidates passed on with no good explanation but I can very easily come to the conclusion that working in an industry that is heavily male dominated, women in particular don't get a fair look when it comes to being hired or breaking into a management\leadership position.

Hard to say what the right answer is here, ideally it would be awesome if none of this existed.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post:
Sue Doe-Nym (09-13-2020), XCR-700 (09-13-2020)
Old 09-13-2020, 02:00 PM   #7
nj2nh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym View Post
This is not off the charts. This is discrimination of the most insidious kind.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Old 09-13-2020, 02:39 PM   #8
Sue Doe-Nym

Default Sheesh... I give up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj2nh View Post

I was merely making an observation, which should be perfectly clear to anyone who can read. I do not approve of discrimination of any kind. Clear enough?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sue Doe-Nym For This Useful Post:
Charlie T (09-13-2020), Hillcountry (09-13-2020), Reilly (11-21-2020), SAMIAM (09-14-2020), XCR-700 (09-13-2020)
Old 09-13-2020, 03:51 PM   #9
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj2nh View Post

Maybe, but you're not the OP. I hope he'll let us know more.

Discrimination can be a funny thing. In some fields, such as tech and life sciences, it can be REALLY difficult to find senior scientific women. So for some companies, if they want any significant female representation in senior ranks, they have to work extra hard to find women for less technical positions, such as CFO, VP of HR, Marketing, etc. Restaurant kitchens, baygo's field, are also dominated by men. These male dominated businesses are very hard on many women at the lower ranks and make women's career progress tougher (ask your daughters, nieces, etc). In these situations--where the playing field is not level for women from the start--sometimes "discrimination" is more fair for the people and better for the company.
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 04:11 PM   #10
longislander

All depends on “what is … is!

RSA 354-A:6 Opportunity for Employment Without Discrimination a Civil Right. – The opportunity to obtain employment without discrimination because of age, sex, gender identity, race, creed, color, marital status, physical or mental disability or national origin is hereby recognized and declared to be a civil right. In addition, no person shall be denied the benefits of the rights afforded by this section on account of that person's sexual orientation.

RSA 354-A:2 Definitions. – VII. "Employer" does not include any employer with fewer than 6 persons in its employ, …

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/...XXXI-354-A.htm

NH Municipal Association (NHMA)

“Under federal law, companies with 15 or more employees are covered by Title VII, which prohibits discrimination in employment. They are also covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability, and the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act, which prohibits discrimination based on genetic information. Companies with 20 or more employees are subject to the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the federal law that prohibits discrimination against employees 40 years or older. The New Hampshire statute applies to all employees over the age of 18. Companies with four or more employees must comply with the employment discrimination provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of citizenship status. And all companies of any size must pay men and women equally for doing equal work, by virtue of the Equal Pay Act. Additionally, New Hampshire companies with six or more employees are subject to the state's anti-discrimination law.
We must also remember that Pregnancy Discrimination is prohibited by law in the state. NH RSA 354-A:7 VI provides female employees the ability to take leave of absence for the period of temporary physical disability resulting from pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.”
longislander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 09:28 PM   #11
codeman671

My question is does this thread belong here? I think not.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to codeman671 For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (09-14-2020), Reilly (11-21-2020), webmaster (09-14-2020)
Old 09-13-2020, 09:50 PM   #12
baygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
My question is does this thread belong here? I think not.
Why not? Where does it belong?
Old 09-14-2020, 06:24 AM   #13
Kamper

Unless you were an "injured party" (applied for but did not get the job) you may not be considered to have standing to file a law suit. You can contact the Attorney General's office to make a complaint though.

Good luck!
Kamper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kamper For This Useful Post:
Wentworth06 (09-15-2020)
Old 09-14-2020, 08:29 AM   #14
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by baygo View Post
Why not? Where does it belong?
Because it doesn't really belong on a lakes region specific general discussion board. This is more of a legal and political post which there will be varying opinions on. Try taking it to the court of Facebook.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to codeman671 For This Useful Post:
Loub52 (09-14-2020), webmaster (09-14-2020)
Old 09-14-2020, 08:36 AM   #15
Bigstan

Either way it works now. Either it was fixed or it was just the mobile site that was affected.
Bigstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 11:19 AM   #16
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Because it doesn't really belong on a lakes region specific general discussion board. This is more of a legal and political post which there will be varying opinions on. Try taking it to the court of Facebook.
I really do not see this as a political issue, additionally if this occurred in the lakes Region no reason it can’t be in the general section of the forum. JMO

joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 11:23 AM   #17
Sue Doe-Nym

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
I really do not see this as a political issue, additionally if this occurred in the lakes Region no reason it can’t be in the general section of the forum. JMO

Webmaster thanked codeman for his useful post.....therefore, the discussion is most likely inappropriate for this board.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sue Doe-Nym For This Useful Post:
codeman671 (09-14-2020)
Old 11-20-2020, 10:59 PM   #18
baygo

Quote:
My intention was not to create political debate. It was to seek out someone to confirm that a secure government server had been hacked which I believe should be a concern to those of us who reside in or share love for this region.

I agree I could have accomplished this to a higher level had I posted to a larger platform such as Facebook. Unfortunately a week or so before I discovered the issue I ran over my cellphone with a lawnmower and have been unable to recall/retrieve my password. I was simply in search of someone to confirm my findings in regards to the security of a “.gov” secured website. If this has been interpreted as political, and that I was placing blame on Trump for the failure in security, I apologize. That was not my intent.

I have turned to this forum many times over the past decade four a number of reasons. I sincerely value the response you have all provided. Sorry if some feathers were ruffled.
The Following User Says Thank You to baygo For This Useful Post:
joey2665 (11-21-2020)