Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2019, 09:03 AM   #1
fatlazyless

Wink .... Tru Temper SnoBoss

Yesterday's one inch of light snow was not enough for using the big, two-stage snow blower which is good for the deep heavy snow, but doesn't get really close down to the ground surface, be it asphalt, dirt, gravel or wood.

While lost in my typical daze, wondering around the aisles at the Gilford Lowe's, sipping on their made fresh every 15-minutes free quality coffee, looking about for some yellow tag reduced price Kobalt discontinued hand tool, or something ...... this here new style snow pusher, or snow shovel ..... outside in the lawn & garden area caught my attention.

This oddly shaped yellow snow pusher-lifter shovel is a $34.99 TruTemper SnoBoss, and it is very different than other designs.

With the one inch snowfall still uncleared, and Lowe's very easy return policy, I took a long five minute look/handle/hold on the SnoBoss, even carrying it around the store a bit, just to see how it felt, how it carried, handled, etc. After about 30-minutes walking it around Lowe's and still impressed with its' design and light weight, plus its' wide 26" width blade and ergonomic design ...... I figured ..... what the heck ..... this could actually be a winner ..... and, I bought it.

And, using it yesterday on the snow too little for the snowblower .... it worked out very very good, ........ it was a smooth move ..... plus, there's always that liberal Lowe's return policy, too! .....
Old 12-21-2019, 02:00 PM   #2
covelife

Default More stuff ....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Yesterday's one inch of light snow was not enough for using the big, two-stage snow blower which is good for the deep heavy snow, but doesn't get really close down to the ground surface, be it asphalt, dirt, gravel or wood.

While lost in my typical daze, wondering around the aisles at the Gilford Lowe's, sipping on their made fresh every 15-minutes free quality coffee, looking about for some yellow tag reduced price Kobalt discontinued hand tool, or something ...... this here new style snow pusher, or snow shovel ..... outside in the lawn & garden area caught my attention.

This oddly shaped yellow snow pusher-lifter shovel is a $34.99 TruTemper SnoBoss, and it is very different than other designs.

With the one inch snowfall still uncleared, and Lowe's very easy return policy, I took a long five minute look/handle/hold on the SnoBoss, even carrying it around the store a bit, just to see how it felt, how it carried, handled, etc. After about 30-minutes walking it around Lowe's and still impressed with its' design and light weight, plus its' wide 26" width blade and ergonomic design ...... I figured ..... what the heck ..... this could actually be a winner ..... and, I bought it.

And, using it yesterday on the snow too little for the snowblower .... it worked out very very good, ........ it was a smooth move ..... plus, there's always that liberal Lowe's return policy, too! .....
Are you the same poster who recently had items taken from the neighborly junkyard? If so, is it really a good idea to continually post about your new possessions?
covelife is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to covelife For This Useful Post:
Top-Water (12-21-2019)
Old 12-22-2019, 03:55 AM   #3
fatlazyless

That's very true ...... I never thought of that ...... this thing is like the Dodge Charger of snow shovels ..... you load it with snow, pushing forward, without lifting it off the ground or deck, and then easily drag the big load backwards a long distance like a wheel barrow on a fulcrum.
Old 12-22-2019, 01:22 PM   #4
Biggd

Thanked 1,068 Times in 673 Posts
Thumbs down

File this thread under, "no one really cares".
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Biggd For This Useful Post:
ishoot308 (12-22-2019), Top-Water (12-22-2019), winniwannabe (12-22-2019)
Old 12-22-2019, 03:19 PM   #5
Loub52

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
That's very true ...... I never thought of that ...... this thing is like the Dodge Charger of snow shovels ..... you load it with snow, pushing forward, without lifting it off the ground or deck, and then easily drag the big load backwards a long distance like a wheel barrow on a fulcrum.
I went with a Toro Power Clear 721e, mostly to clear my deck of heavier snowfalls. Certainly more expensive than the snow shovel described, but it works great on the deck, never clogs, cleans things down to the driveway pavement (provided you get to it before it freezes), and is easy to maintain. The electric start feature cost $50 more, but it’s so easy to start with the pull cord that I have yet to use it in the past 3 seasons since purchasing it.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2019, 04:32 PM   #6
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
File this thread under, "no one really cares".
Hey now! I care!
Just broke my “pusher” shovel this week and was on the hunt for a new one. Went to the Tilton Lowe’s and they were out of the pusher shovels.
Then went to RP Williams in Bristol who usually has a nice selection but all they had was a steel bladed ol’ fashioned pusher that wasn’t wide enough for my liking. Then went to Aubuchon hardware and they had a couple of designs.
I went with the one that was wider. Just tried it out on that nuisance, 1” of snow that was blowing around. Nice clean scrape job. See how long this one lasts...had my other one 5 years. If anyone else cares it’s a “Rugg Pathmaster Ultra”
I don’t recall them naming snow shovels in the old days...
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote