Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Covid-19 Discussions & Information
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-14-2020, 03:30 PM   #101
mcdude

Thanked 1,041 Times in 489 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
If the members of the Forum do not like the political discussion, let me know and I'd be happy to comply.

That would be me (among others). Political discussions have never been tolerated on this forum. I don't understand why this thread has been allowed to go on for so long. It says on the home forum page "Forums limited to Lakes Region Topics"

The Following User Says Thank You to mcdude For This Useful Post:
luckypete (03-14-2020)
Old 03-14-2020, 04:55 PM   #102
Biggd

Thanked 1,070 Times in 675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdude View Post
That would be me (among others). Political discussions have never been tolerated on this forum. I don't understand why this thread has been allowed to go on for so long. It says on the home forum page "Forums limited to Lakes Region Topics"
I'm sorry I got drawn into this political rant. I usually try to avoid these discussions because they can get heated and out of control.
They really should be left to political forums where people enjoy trashing each other over their political view points. Or Twitter, where people say ***** without engaging their brain first.
Thankfully I'm not on Twitter and I will never be on it!
Over and out on this thread.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:23 PM   #103
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdude View Post
I agree. I say one thing about an FLL post and my reply is deleted (that has happened twice to me) this thread should be removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Old 03-14-2020, 06:45 PM   #104
mishman

Default A week or two from now...

The amount of downplaying of the coronavirus threat on this feed by some is highly disturbing.

A month ago, many Americans had not heard of the virus. Two weeks ago, it was a problem on some cruise ships and in far away countries. Last week it was emerging in various parts of America via community spread. And all this time there has been a very minimal amount of actual testing done (unlike other countries that seem to have their act together). The sh_t hit the fan a few days ago for most of us. And you think this is an overreaction???? You think it was actually caused by media overreaction??

A week to ten days from now, our hospitals will be overwhelmed. It will get worse over the next month if people don't heed the warnings to lay low. We will lose loved ones, mostly senior citizens.

People, get your heads straight. This is a serious threat and no amount of political posturing is going to make it magically go away.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mishman For This Useful Post:
Biggd (03-15-2020), FlyingScot (03-14-2020), pondguy (03-14-2020)
Old 03-14-2020, 07:37 PM   #105
JEEPONLY
Deceased Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winni83 View Post
It takes about 10 seconds to come up with the list Top Water posted. Just go to the relevant member, click posts started by that member and there it is. No digging necessary.
As the man said- "in a moment" or "apparent amount of time" = wasted!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2020, 07:55 PM   #106
JEEPONLY
Deceased Member

As I've said before- this place is better than TV- not better than a book- but better than TV!
Old 03-14-2020, 08:02 PM   #107
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts
Default The NH Boat Show...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishman View Post
The amount of downplaying of the coronavirus threat on this feed by some is highly disturbing.

A month ago, many Americans had not heard of the virus. Two weeks ago, it was a problem on some cruise ships and in far away countries. Last week it was emerging in various parts of America via community spread. And all this time there has been a very minimal amount of actual testing done (unlike other countries that seem to have their act together). The sh_t hit the fan a few days ago for most of us. And you think this is an overreaction???? You think it was actually caused by media overreaction??

A week to ten days from now, our hospitals will be overwhelmed. It will get worse over the next month if people don't heed the warnings to lay low. We will lose loved ones, mostly senior citizens.

People, get your heads straight. This is a serious threat and no amount of political posturing is going to make it magically go away.

Certainly not magically going away but the hoarding and panic buying and mass closures of schools and events is a gross overreaction and being propertied by the media that seems to only report new cases and deaths and nothing about the thousands that have recovered world wide.

Yes be vigilant wash your hands use sanitizers and avoid unnecessary contact but also remember this is not an airborne illness.

Additionally remember any politician no matter the side will try to obtain political gain from every unfortunate situation including this and the more you watch news stations the more ad money they receive. Everyone has an agenda.

Old 03-14-2020, 08:49 PM   #108
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
Certainly not magically going away but the hoarding and panic buying and mass closures of schools and events is a gross overreaction and being propertied by the media that seems to only report new cases and deaths and nothing about the thousands that have recovered world wide.

Yes be vigilant wash your hands use sanitizers and avoid unnecessary contact but also remember this is not an airborne illness.

Additionally remember any politician no matter the side will try to obtain political gain from every unfortunate situation including this and the more you watch news stations the more ad money they receive. Everyone has an agenda.

Please stop--your nit picking clouds the issue. Virus from an infected sneeze will travel 6' through the air. Even if most will recover without much harm, this could kill a massive number of people.

The steps our political leaders are taking are not an overreaction, they are a lighter version of those used effectively in China. I trust you would agree that their media is not driving their government.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...ther-countries