Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2020, 06:06 PM   #1
Skippermark

Default Hotel/Inn Suggestions Near Meredith

We usually stay at the Mill Fall's properties in Meredith but are looking for other options this year. We've stayed at the Center Harbor Inn before the remodel and liked it. We're 2 adults and 1 teenager and prefer a place that's clean and updated. Thanks!
Skippermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 07:13 PM   #2
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,135 Times in 889 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippermark View Post
We usually stay at the Mill Fall's properties in Meredith but are looking for other options this year. We've stayed at the Center Harbor Inn before the remodel and liked it. We're 2 adults and 1 teenager and prefer a place that's clean and updated. Thanks!
"Other options" can mean a lot of things.

Why don't you want to go back to those places?

What is your objective if you change places?

Are you looking for a lower price?

Are you looking for night life?

Is it important to you to be on the lake?
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 07:45 PM   #3
Sue Doe-Nym

Default Center Harbor Inn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippermark View Post
Our house is currently uninhabitable , and so we needed a clean updated place nearby. Our insurance company is staking us to clean, updated accommodations at the Center Harbor Inn, and I must say that they have gone out of their way to be wonderful to us in every way. It is not fancy, but it’s clean and neat, and the breakfast that’s included is better than any I would be making at home. A 3rd person in the room will be tight, however.
For 2 homeless people, it’s perfect.
Sue Doe-Nym is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sue Doe-Nym For This Useful Post:
Skippermark (02-16-2020)
Old 02-16-2020, 09:18 PM   #4
Skippermark

Thanks for the reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
Why don't you want to go back to those places?
I feel the rates have gotten a bit too high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
What is your objective if you change places?
Our biggest goal is to be able to watch activity on the lake in the afternoon/evening and have shops and restaurants, within walking distance. Meredith is perfect for this because you can sit on the dock or in Hesky Park, and there's a huge variety of food nearby. It's also nice having the hotel right there.

For restaurants we prefer casual and don't need anything fancy.

How is Wolfeboro? We've boated over to there a bunch of times and spend the day, but we always leave early to get home before dark. Thanks!
Old 02-16-2020, 09:24 PM   #5
Skippermark

Thank you. I'll look to see if they have any rooms when we want to visit. We've seen the new renovations, and they look great now. "Clean and neat" is exactly what we're looking for. We actually don't care about "fancy." For us, we're never in the room anyway - we spend most of our time on the lake during the day and relaxing at the docks or walking around in the evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym View Post
Our house is currently uninhabitable , and so we needed a clean updated place nearby. Our insurance company is staking us to clean, updated accommodations at the Center Harbor Inn, and I must say that they have gone out of their way to be wonderful to us in every way. It is not fancy, but it’s clean and neat, and the breakfast that’s included is better than any I would be making at home. A 3rd person in the room will be tight, however.
For 2 homeless people, it’s perfect.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2020, 11:18 PM   #6
ghfromaltonbay

Default Wolfeboro

Check out a place called Suite Inn in Wolfeboro. It's a group of 4 apartments each with 2 bedrooms & full kitchen for short term rental. It's right in town across the side street from Black's Store and within walking distance of lots of good restaurants and cafes and 1 block from the lake. My family of 5 stayed in the largest unit for a 4 day weekend in February. Excellent accommodations. Check out their website, just Google "Suite Inn, Wolfeboro".
ghfromaltonbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 02:24 AM   #7
fatlazyless

Default ..... The Meredith Inn, B & B

How's about the www.meredithinn.com, a B & B located at the intersection of Main St and Waukewan Rd, about a 1/2 mile away from the post office and library.

Have never stayed there but am always impressed by that large victorian house with the intricate paint design ..... the Meredith Inn.

And, another local Meredith B & B, a couple miles back into the scenic landscape with an out in the country, big woods, big sunsets, hill top location is the www.nutmeginn-nh.com .... the Nutmeg Inn.

www.ballardhouseinn.com ...... close to the roundabout on Parade Rd is another incredibly happening Meredith B & B.

For about $18/night you can get a campsite at 23 different U.S. Forest Service campgrounds spread throughout the White Mountain National Forest, about one hour north, and sleep in your tent in Campton or somewhere like Livermore, NH..... http://www.onlyinyourstate.com/new-h...-livermore-nh/ and not have to pay the NH 9% rental tax.

Last edited by fatlazyless; 02-17-2020 at 03:05 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 07:46 AM   #8
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,088 Times in 782 Posts
Default airbnb or vrbo

I usually find great places to stay! Not necessarily a whole house, but accessory units or in-law type apartments.

When traveling without overnight reservation I use the 'Hotel Tonight' app. Find great last minute accommodations!

Local Chamber of Commerce office is also a great resource. Usually use them when planning a new destination!
Old 02-17-2020, 12:03 PM   #9
Y2K

My family vacations every other year at The Summit https://summitresortnh.com/in Laconia, also owned by the same group that own/runs Center Harbour Inn. I love it there.

In Wolfsborough maybe check out https://1810house.net/
Y2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 04:35 PM   #10
Skippermark

Thank you everyone. We're checking them out and will find somewhere to stay. Thanks!