Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2020, 04:45 PM   #1
Sue Doe-Nym

Default Public insurance adjuster

We are in need of a reputable public insurance adjuster to represent us in negotiations with our insurance company re property damage due to flooding. We are looking to replace and renovate the property as it was, having it done properly, not cutting corners. We are not intending to fleece the insurer, but we want it done right! Any help steering us in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. If there are ones we should avoid, please share that information with us. Many thanks.
Sue
Sue Doe-Nym is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 08:48 PM   #2
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,135 Times in 889 Posts

Sent you a PM
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 09:46 PM   #3
Sue Doe-Nym

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
Sent you a PM
We both searched....no P M.
Old 02-15-2020, 10:00 PM   #4
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Send him one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym View Post
We both searched....no P M.
Send TiltonBB a p.m. and he can reply.

Dave
Sue Doe-Nym (02-15-2020)
Old 02-16-2020, 07:16 AM   #5
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,617 Times in 560 Posts

Infuriating,isn't it? You pay for insurance for years and finally have a claim and they try to debunk,depreciate and devalue everything that they can.
We had a claim years ago for damage from an accidental sprinkler discharge and we anded up doing as you are.Sorry.can't remember the name of the adjuster
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2020, 07:40 AM   #6
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,957 Times in 1,209 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
Infuriating,isn't it? You pay for insurance for years and finally have a claim and they try to debunk,depreciate and devalue everything that they can.
We had a claim years ago for damage from an accidental sprinkler discharge and we anded up doing as you are.Sorry.can't remember the name of the adjuster
Sorry to throw this thread off-topic, but is this a publicly offered service? Specifically, do we have public workers who represent clients against insurance companies? I've never had the need for one, but I remember a case some years back in my town about an insurance refusing to replace burnt support beams in a house because they could be "sealed and painted" instead.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 08:18 AM   #7
Sue Doe-Nym

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
Yes....it is infuriating! We refuse to accept shoddy work, and we trust our contractor 100%. We would prefer not to need to pay for a public adjuster, but the difference between the estimates means we’d be out of pocket a substantial amount. Hopefully we’ll get some ideas from forum members.
Old 02-16-2020, 08:26 AM   #8
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,135 Times in 889 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Sorry to throw this thread off-topic, but is this a publicly offered service? Specifically, do we have public workers who represent clients against insurance companies? I've never had the need for one, but I remember a case some years back in my town about an insurance refusing to replace burnt support beams in a house because they could be "sealed and painted" instead.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
No, they are private companies that will work with and negotiate with your insurance company to settle the claim in your best interest. Some get more involved like making arrangements for clean up, boarding a building after a fire Etc.

Many work for 10% of the claim amount but the theory is that they will increase your settlement by more than the 10% so it is a win for you. They generally know the law and more angles than you do so they can be of some help. I just settled a claim less than three weeks ago for a property that had a building fire and would be glad to share my experience and suggestions.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post:
thinkxingu (02-16-2020)
Old 02-16-2020, 09:36 AM   #9
NH.Solar

You might try Fraser Insurances Services on Green Street in Concord
The Following User Says Thank You to NH.Solar For This Useful Post:
Sue Doe-Nym (02-16-2020)
Old 02-18-2020, 08:37 AM   #10
Fishinfergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH.Solar View Post
You might try Fraser Insurances Services on Green Street in Concord
Fraser is an independent claims service company. They work for many different insurance companies, not the home or business owner themself.
Fishinfergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 11:42 AM   #11
Descant

Thanked 1,492 Times in 970 Posts
Default Good info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishinfergy View Post
Fraser is an independent claims service company. They work for many different insurance companies, not the home or business owner themself.
Good info. Welcome to the Forum.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 07:23 PM   #12
Sue Doe-Nym

Default Excellent outcome in insurance claim

This is an update on a claim we had in January, when we had tremendous damage from a burst pipe. Our entire first floor was and still is a total disaster. The good news is that we finally hired a public adjuster to represent us as we were originally miles apart in the damage $$$ amount, and we could not be more pleased with the results achieved by Beacon Adjustments in Manchester. We will now be able to move forward with the extensive reconstruction that will be required. My advice to anyone with a large insurance claim: do yourself a favor and let someone knowledgeable in the industry fight your battles.
Old 03-24-2020, 04:01 PM   #13
Descant

Thanked 1,492 Times in 970 Posts
Default Glad 4 U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym View Post
This is an update on a claim we had in January, when we had tremendous damage from a burst pipe. Our entire first floor was and still is a total disaster. The good news is that we finally hired a public adjuster to represent us as we were originally miles apart in the damage $$$ amount, and we could not be more pleased with the results achieved by Beacon Adjustments in Manchester. We will now be able to move forward with the extensive reconstruction that will be required. My advice to anyone with a large insurance claim: do yourself a favor and let someone knowledgeable in the industry fight your battles.
Glad to hear it is finally working out. Does a public adjuster work on commission? Flat rate? Hourly?
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 05:17 PM   #14
Sue Doe-Nym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
Glad to hear it is finally working out. Does a public adjuster work on commission? Flat rate? Hourly?
I believe most work on commission, a percentage of the recovered amount. Also, thanks for your kind words.

Last edited by Sue Doe-Nym; 03-24-2020 at 06:12 PM.
Old 03-24-2020, 06:18 PM   #15
Fishinfergy

Great news! Always get help on unchartered waters!

All of the public adjusting contracts are approved by the state and the fee is typically 10%. Just be clear with what the company is charging on. Some charge on some aspects others do not. Hope this helps!
Fishinfergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 06:52 PM   #16
Sue Doe-Nym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishinfergy View Post
Great news! Always get help on unchartered waters!

All of the public adjusting contracts are approved by the state and the fee is typically 10%. Just be clear with what the company is charging on. Some charge on some aspects others do not. Hope this helps!
Our main concerns relate to reconstruction of the first floor, which is extensive. For now, we are not as crazed by the contents, but if we run into problems with that, we can engage the adjuster for assistance. It’s well worth the cost to have someone knowledgeable take the reins at such a stressful time.