Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2020, 06:24 AM   #1
betterthanbacon

Default Propane tech. Recommendations

Looking for recommendations for a technician to service a propane boiler in the Gilford/Laconia area. We have just purchased a property and it looks as the propane furnace has not been serviced in a few years. The previous owner says the person he was using has retired and moved away. The unit is quite old and I will be looking to replace during the warmer months.
Any recommendations are appreciated.
Thank You.
betterthanbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 06:28 AM   #2
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

The suppliers have good techs. I have done very well with both Irving and Rymes

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 08:21 AM   #3
MeredithMan

Default Lakes Region HVAC

We have had really good service with Lakes Region HVAC. We have geothermal, (which requires specialized knowledge), and they are quite good. Also have an on-demand propane boiler which they service as well. Knowledgeable and polite service folks.

We use Rymes for propane delivery and have tried their techs a few times, but it seems to be hit-or-miss. A couple have been really good and a couple have been borderline useless
MeredithMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 09:53 AM   #4
marinewife

Default Strogens

We had issues with our oil heating system in September, and the fastest and most reliable people we contacted were those from Strogen's.

Rymes had a tank here, but their techs were not that helpful, and the proposal for a new system never came, even after repeated calls. Poor customer svce.

Consequently, after contacting Rymes, we tried Eastern and a few others.

Strogens sent out a rep who was thorough, helpful and got a brand new propane system installed and switched out from oil within 2 weeks of the initial visit. They're open 24 hrs/day.

603-332-6466 is Strogen's main number, but I would call our rep first:

Paul Smith- 603-833-3557

Good luck!
~m
marinewife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 03:26 PM   #5
DoTheMath

I've recently used Rowell's and am very happy with them! https://www.rowellservices.com/

They do just about everything (service / install wise) incl. HVAC, they are responsive, shoot straight and pricing is very fair.
DoTheMath is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2020, 08:41 PM   #6
betterthanbacon

Thank you everyone for your input. I have tried the delivery companies at other properties over the years and have found some of the best and worst techs with these companies My first choice is to support the smaller local trades people and hopefully create a long lasting personal relationship. I will Contact Strogen’s and/or Rowell’s.
Stay warm.
Old 01-22-2020, 08:36 AM   #7
TheProfessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterthanbacon View Post
Thank you everyone for your input. I have tried the delivery companies at other properties over the years and have found some of the best and worst techs with these companies My first choice is to support the smaller local trades people and hopefully create a long lasting personal relationship. I will Contact Strogen’s and/or Rowell’s.
Stay warm.
Thermocouple.

If any older gas appliances - replace the thermocouple. Those appliances that have a pilot light. Some thermocouple last a long time.

The government has mandated no pilot lights for any gas appliances. All some sort of electric igniters now.

I still have one pilot 75,000 BTU hot air furnace with a pilot. Only broke down once - the thermocouple. Only parts in these older furnace is a blower motor, fan, and thermocouple.

The newer electronic ignition gas hot air furnace without a pilot in another building seems to break down every 2-4 years. Usually on a cold January Sunday.
TheProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheProfessor For This Useful Post:
betterthanbacon (01-23-2020), Hillcountry (01-22-2020)
Old 02-26-2020, 09:34 PM   #8
betterthanbacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoTheMath View Post
I've recently used Rowell's and am very happy with them! https://www.rowellservices.com/

They do just about everything (service / install wise) incl. HVAC, they are responsive, shoot straight and pricing is very fair.
Thank you DotheMath for the recommendation. Rowells took care of our needs. On time and professional service.