Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2010, 08:07 AM   #201
jlynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by capngary View Post
And we ALL know whom that innocent person is! His life has been ruined. He is unable to work to support his FIVE children until this case is solved! So... It has been almost a YEAR! I'll be getting back with Mr. Walsh on the "anniversary" date!

I really can't think of any crime worthy of investigating more than this one. Mother's Day!
And by the way, not "ALL" people know who the innocent person is. Speak for yourself!
jlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jlynn For This Useful Post:
winniwastebros (04-18-2010)
Old 04-10-2010, 08:38 PM   #202
chowda

At this point nobody is getting "just rewards" the way I see it. Lifetime in prison will be the minimal "reward" there.
chowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:38 AM   #203
Merlin's Moon

Default Ongoing Investigation? Are you kidding?

Is New Hampshire the place you should come to commit murder? Let's see a beautiful, peaceful resort area who has not had a homicide in 29-30 years? and the State Clunkhead Police cant get an arrest let alone a conviction on a man who still enjoys the freedom he stole in a detestable way from the mother of five children? Swat team has been called to the house in the past because "father" just cant keep his stuff together 23 hours out of 24. But then we have Jim Vittum who has muchly enjoyed his "celebrity" in this macabre little thing he has going, trying to "assist" the police, by his own words "he is right in the middle of it" also he crows about failing his lie detector test, secret hallways in the Burns home and very much exaggerates his involvement with Stacey Burns. This is not the first death with mysterious overtones Mr.Vittum has been on the edges of. Many years ago. What kind of D.A. has to have more,more,more to make an arrest,convene a grand jury whatever they do? Does he/she need a video of the actual murder before he/she feels secure enough to send this monster to prison for the rest of his miserable life?BTW -despicable as Ed Burns is? He did not do this. Stacey's poor children suffer everyday of their life with this set of "circumstances" - the heroic citizens of Wolfeboro have done so much to support these children, may God bless each and everyone of you. But Please do not forget Justice for Stacey,Michael,Shannon,Kelly,Madison and Morgan. God Bless You
Merlin's Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Merlin's Moon For This Useful Post:
capngary (06-23-2010)
Old 04-23-2010, 03:43 PM   #204
Heaven

I have been curious but afraid to ask, as it is none of my business, but the move out of town in the middle of the school year (and leaving friends etc) , , , speculation as to if that was something the kids wanted to do (maybe be out of that house come mother's day?), or, not?
Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:18 AM   #205
jlynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin's Moon View Post
Is New Hampshire the place you should come to commit murder? Let's see a beautiful, peaceful resort area who has not had a homicide in 29-30 years? and the State Clunkhead Police cant get an arrest let alone a conviction on a man who still enjoys the freedom he stole in a detestable way from the mother of five children? Swat team has been called to the house in the past because "father" just cant keep his stuff together 23 hours out of 24. But then we have Jim Vittum who has muchly enjoyed his "celebrity" in this macabre little thing he has going, trying to "assist" the police, by his own words "he is right in the middle of it" also he crows about failing his lie detector test, secret hallways in the Burns home and very much exaggerates his involvement with Stacey Burns. This is not the first death with mysterious overtones Mr.Vittum has been on the edges of. Many years ago. What kind of D.A. has to have more,more,more to make an arrest,convene a grand jury whatever they do? Does he/she need a video of the actual murder before he/she feels secure enough to send this monster to prison for the rest of his miserable life?BTW -despicable as Ed Burns is? He did not do this. Stacey's poor children suffer everyday of their life with this set of "circumstances" - the heroic citizens of Wolfeboro have done so much to support these children, may God bless each and everyone of you. But Please do not forget Justice for Stacey,Michael,Shannon,Kelly,Madison and Morgan. God Bless You
Merlin, You are true idiot! Get your facts straight before saying something so assanine as "Mr. Vittum was on the edges of a mysterious death". It's people like you that start RIDICULOUS rumors about hurtful things that you don't know anything about! Shame on you!!!! Your as sick as your "innocent Mr. Burns". I'm so glad that your so sure that Ed did not do this. Your are one of the few. Read the May 14th 2009 article. Staceys words from her grave. If you knew the situation AT ALL you would know that Stacey had been fearful for a long time that Ed would kill her. He said he would and I and MANY others believe that he followed through with it. The only inteliigent thing that you said here was not to forget justice for Stacey. The most painful thing for the kids is losing a beautiful, wonderful Mother. The second painful thing is that they now have to live their lives with an abusive, angry alcoholic father. As for Mr. Vittum enjoying celebrity and exaggerating his involvement with Stacey? Are you crazy? (no need to respond to that). I reiterate, your an Idiot. Thankfully the majority of people who know the truth, Staceys closet friends, people who know the facts, back Mr. Vittum 100%.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2010, 12:29 PM   #206
jlynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin's Moon View Post
By the way, Mr. Vittum did not "crow" over failing a lie detectors test. He stated that he was told he failed it (which is what the police do regardless of the outcome, read up on polygraphs and why they are not admissible in court). What makes you so sure that Mr. Burns did not do this crime? To know that you had to have been there or you did it yourself.....hmmmmmm If I were you I would be very careful about my accusations for fear that I would end up in court for slander. Yeah, the heroic people of Wolfeboro have done so much to "support" these children and not just emotionally. Hey, I have an idea, why doesn't Ed get a job? Theres a thought.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:13 PM   #207
jmen24

How about this personal argument gets taken somewhere else. You both signed up this month and it is quite apparent that this is your only intention for being here.

You are both making very slanderous accusations toward other people and each other. Throw your stones somewhere else.
jmen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jmen24 For This Useful Post:
Drummer Girl (04-30-2010), Eagle (05-02-2010), ishoot308 (04-29-2010), Pepper (04-29-2010), Pricestavern (03-20-2011), twoplustwo (04-29-2010)
Old 04-29-2010, 01:34 PM   #208
Pepper

Default I agree wholeheartedly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmen24 View Post
How about this personal argument gets taken somewhere else. You both signed up this month and it is quite apparent that this is your only intention for being here.

You are both making very slanderous accusations toward other people and each other. Throw your stones somewhere else.
I agree wholeheartedly with this statement. This is not the place for personal attacks against one another, nor is it a place for slanderous words against others. Please refrain from further attacks.

Thank you!
Old 04-29-2010, 02:44 PM   #209
jlynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
I agree wholeheartedly with this statement. This is not the place for personal attacks against one another, nor is it a place for slanderous words against others. Please refrain from further attacks.

Thank you!
This was never meant to be a personal attack as I don't even know this person "Merlin" but was bringing to this persons attention that hitting below the belt and being hurtful when he obviously doesn't know the facts is crossing the line. There is no room for rumor and speculation and I joined this forum thinking that opinions were welcome. My mistake.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:52 PM   #210
jlynn

Quote:

My intention was not to "attack" this person. I don't even know who he is. I was letting him know that some things he wrote are hitting below the belt and certainly not based on fact but rumor and speculation. Yes, I joined recently (and?) and am I mistaken or is this general discussion/suspicious death in Wolfeboro forum? Fortunately I only check in with this site on rare occasions but some of the comments on here are just to ridiculous to ignore. My bad.....
Old 04-29-2010, 03:09 PM   #211
Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynn View Post
This was never meant to be a personal attack as I don't even know this person "Merlin" but was bringing to this persons attention that hitting below the belt and being hurtful when he obviously doesn't know the facts is crossing the line. There is no room for rumor and speculation and I joined this forum thinking that opinions were welcome. My mistake.
Calling someone a complete idiot is also crossing the line. We're not saying you are not welcome here - we're saying that you are engaging in the very behavior you are complaining about, and that behavior is what we protest.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:40 PM   #212
jlynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
Calling someone a complete idiot is also crossing the line. We're not saying you are not welcome here - we're saying that you are engaging in the very behavior you are complaining about, and that behavior is what we protest.
It is what it is Pepper. Did not mean in any way to offend the people on here with something intelligent to say and your right, I let myself engage in the very behavior that I am complaining about but as I said, a few things said on here are just too ridiculous to ignore. My mistake. So to avoid letting someones ignorant comments rile me, I cancel my membership. Take care all.....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jlynn For This Useful Post:
Grady223 (04-30-2010), riverat (04-29-2010)
Old 05-01-2010, 10:11 PM   #213
PennyPenny

Quote:
No mention of the fact that he did not work 2 years prior to his ex wife's death (and was $6000.00 behind on his child support and due to go to court the day after her death) or the fact that he has had no license due to a second offense DWI. His life is ruined? I am a firm believer in "what goes around comes around". He made a beautiful persons life miserable for years. Now he's getting his just rewards.
My ex has worked off and on for several years and owes over $45,000 in back child support. He has no license because of DWI'S, back taxes etc. I am still alive so far. My ex made our lives miserable for years as well. I think there is another person with a few answers possibly. Do the initials E.T. ring a bell with anyone? CREEPY man. Disclaimer no names mentioned.
PennyPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 07:21 AM   #214
gokart-mozart

Default Informed Speculation

First of all, let me say I didn't know Mrs. Burns, I don't know Mr. Burns, and I don't know any of the suspects that are constantly being bandied about.

Of course, in a game of "whodunit" it would always be the ex-husband. This would be true even if there were no factors, as there apparently are in this case, which would tend to incriminate him.

Therefore, the fact that he has not been arrested, the fact that no excuse has been found to prevent him from having custody of his children, and the fact that a few subsequent (alleged) encounters with law enforcement have not resulted in an arrest suggest to me that the Major Crime Unit is looking elsewhere, probably with good reason.

Mr. Vittum has been named in the media as a possible suspect, and it is public record that Mrs. Vittum testified before a Grand Jury last fall. I suspect that, if there were ANY physical evidence tying him to her on the night of the murder that the State would already have taken the easy way out and indicted and tried him. When you look at the stories of people wrongly convicted of murder, most of them have had similar stories to the one Mr. Vittum himself told in his newspaper interview, so I have to believe that, as with Mr. Burns himself, the State has good reasons to look elsewhere.

The other "suspects" are all, as far as I know, "rumor only", so I won't name any of them. On several occasions, news stories about meetings hosted by the DA have mentioned those present as "State Police, WPD, DA's office, and 'other persons not named' ". There is a persistent rumor that these "other persons not named" are Federal LEOs. A Federal presence in this case, if true, would imply that the "local jealous man" story is not the direction that the DA is taking this case.

I certainly hope, for everyone's sake, that the DA at least gives a progress report soon, and for all of you who knew Mrs. Burns, I'm very sorry that you lost such a good friend.
gokart-mozart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gokart-mozart For This Useful Post:
capngary (05-09-2010)
Old 05-02-2010, 07:43 AM   #215
tis

Thanked 1,371 Times in 947 Posts

I am not standing up for anyone, but it is my understanding that Ed is a retired Merchant Marine and I guess that they make pretty good money so maybe he doesn't need to work. I also agree it seems that if they had an idea that he was the guilty one, that they would not let him have custody of the kids all this time. Maybe I am wrong.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 08:49 AM   #216
gokart-mozart

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
I am not standing up for anyone, but it is my understanding that Ed is a retired Merchant Marine and I guess that they make pretty good money so maybe he doesn't need to work. I also agree it seems that if they had an idea that he was the guilty one, that they would not let him have custody of the kids all this time. Maybe I am wrong.
No, I think that's quite right.

I've been through "the system", so that no doubt colors my opinions. If everything that had ever been said about me in motions and orders, or by a hostile lawyer, were printed in the newspapers, my neighbors would have got up a lynch mob.

DYS and the other elements of "the system" exercise enormous and largely unreviewable powers, sometimes for good, sometimes not so much.

If the DA had a shred of evidence, or even reasonable suspicion, that Mr. Burns were guilty, the State would separate his children from him in the blink of an eye. I have assumed from Day One that he MUST either have a bulletproof alibi OR there must be physical evidence which would exonerate him.

Even IF "the system" were inclined to give fathers a break (absurd), just the agony those children would endure were their father to be arrested now would be enough reason to disallow this custodial arrangement.

For whatever reason, I think the State knows he's innocent.
The Following User Says Thank You to gokart-mozart For This Useful Post:
capngary (05-09-2010)
Old 05-09-2010, 10:00 AM   #217
capngary

Default IT'S COLD NOW, Mr. D.A.

ONE YEAR NOW! No closure for anyone! Those poor children!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokart-mozart View Post
No, I think that's quite right.

I've been through "the system", so that no doubt colors my opinions. If everything that had ever been said about me in motions and orders, or by a hostile lawyer, were printed in the newspapers, my neighbors would have got up a lynch mob.

DYS and the other elements of "the system" exercise enormous and largely unreviewable powers, sometimes for good, sometimes not so much.

If the DA had a shred of evidence, or even reasonable suspicion, that Mr. Burns were guilty, the State would separate his children from him in the blink of an eye. I have assumed from Day One that he MUST either have a bulletproof alibi OR there must be physical evidence which would exonerate him.

Even IF "the system" were inclined to give fathers a break (absurd), just the agony those children would endure were their father to be arrested now would be enough reason to disallow this custodial arrangement.

For whatever reason, I think the State knows he's innocent.
You have it right! I've known Ed for over 20 years. The statements made in order to gain full custody of the children were fallacious. Ed is so distraught over the "guilty until proven innocent" attitude of the folks of Wolfeboro that he is moving out AFTER ONE YEAR. He just can't take it anymore. Someone mentioned that he "must have alot of money." He is on the verge of bankruptcy as a result of this heinous crime with 5 children to support. Someone got away with murder, put a very hard working individual into bankruptcy, deprived 5 children of their mother and is walking around after a year! Can we call this a COLD CASE yet?

Last edited by capngary; 05-09-2010 at 10:02 AM. Reason: grammar
capngary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:03 AM   #218
Mr. V

Oh, please!

With him being a widower with five kids at home, doesn't Social Security kick in to pay him a handsome monthly stipend?

I'm just sayin' ...
Mr. V is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:41 AM   #219
capngary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. V View Post
Oh, please!

With him being a widower with five kids at home, doesn't Social Security kick in to pay him a handsome monthly stipend?

I'm just sayin' ...
NO! House is getting forclosed and electricity cut off!
Old 05-15-2010, 03:00 PM   #220
Mr. V

Social Security should pay him a benefit for the kids, not for him (he divorced her, IIRC), provided she paid into Social Security for ten or more years.

Maybe she didn't.

A pity.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:03 PM   #221
tis

Is that true? Social Security doesn't pay when the mother dies, only the father? I never realized that.
Old 05-15-2010, 07:22 PM   #222
RI Swamp Yankee

Social Security spousal benefits are not affected by gender. Even with 5 kids under 16 you ain't gonna get rich on SS surviving spousal benefits.

More info here: http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10084.html
Old 05-16-2010, 06:56 AM   #223
tis

The people I know getting it got almost $2000 a month for each child. Guess it was because they made more money than you are thinking of RISY.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:46 AM   #224
Eagle

Quote:
The people I know getting it got almost $2000 a month for each child. Guess it was because they made more money than you are thinking of RISY.
Absolutely impossible. Here is the quote from the manual:

Maximum family benefits
There is a limit to the benefits that can be paid to you and other family members each month. The limit varies, but is generally between 150 and 180 percent of the deceased’s benefit amount.
Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle For This Useful Post:
Yosemite Sam (05-16-2010)
Old 05-16-2010, 04:52 PM   #225
tis

Why do you say it's impossible? Remember, I said ALMOST $2000. I can check on the the exact amount but I thought it was around $1800. I know I was pretty surprised when I heard how much they were getting. There were two kids in this case, a child and a step child.

Last edited by tis; 05-16-2010 at 06:46 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:22 AM   #226
Yosemite Sam

Quote:
Why do you say it's impossible? Remember, I said ALMOST $2000. I can check on the the exact amount but I thought it was around $1800. I know I was pretty surprised when I heard how much they were getting. There were two kids in this case, a child and a step child.
tis,

Could you check the exact amount that the children get that you talk about. Also could you find out if that is Social Security that they are getting and how they figured the total amount for each child. Ages and why they get SS would be nice also.

Thank You
Yosemite Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:03 AM   #227
Heaven

If this is to be a discussion of SS benefits, can it be moved to a separate thread please?
Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Heaven For This Useful Post:
capngary (06-01-2010)
Old 06-23-2010, 05:16 PM   #228
capngary

Default Darkest before the dawn...

Ed is moving on with his life and getting out of Wolfeboro... The kids are all doing pretty good and that's most important. They will be attending one of the top schools in the state.

This heinous crime is now cold as ice... At least one person out there knows exactly whom committed it... The search goes on for someone with the "gift of gab" to elicit some information that will break this case...

It's always darkest before the dawn...
Old 06-23-2010, 05:26 PM   #229
capngary

Default Ed's Inlaws

Quote:
By the way, Mr. Vittum did not "crow" over failing a lie detectors test. He stated that he was told he failed it (which is what the police do regardless of the outcome, read up on polygraphs and why they are not admissible in court). What makes you so sure that Mr. Burns did not do this crime? To know that you had to have been there or you did it yourself.....hmmmmmm If I were you I would be very careful about my accusations for fear that I would end up in court for slander. Yeah, the heroic people of Wolfeboro have done so much to "support" these children and not just emotionally. Hey, I have an idea, why doesn't Ed get a job? Theres a thought.
It's libel, not slander...

Ed has a job...

Perhaps as a inlaw of Ed's you would like to coment on Stacey's Uncle...
Old 06-23-2010, 06:01 PM   #230
old coot
Deceased Member

If someone's alibi is airtight, you could then know they didn't do the crime, without having been there as an eyewitness.
old coot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to old coot For This Useful Post:
capngary (06-24-2010)
Old 07-08-2010, 11:01 AM   #231
capngary

Exclamation "outside" help

Since the case is officially "cold," how about some "outside" help? Must be "OK" with the D.A.

Maybe the "lucky" investigative reporter just might "loosen" the right lips.

Line up!

1) 20/20

2) America's Most Wanted

3) 48 Hours Mystery

4) 60 Minutes
Old 08-18-2010, 01:44 AM   #232
ApS

Post To Be Aired in September...(credit: Granite State News)

ApS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ApS For This Useful Post:
Newbiesaukee (08-21-2010), RI Swamp Yankee (08-18-2010), riverat (08-18-2010)
Old 08-18-2010, 02:42 PM   #233
fatlazyless

With all these posts this has probably been mentioned before but here's my two cents.

900-lbs of marijuana is worth a lot of money, and getting stopped on an interstate highway in the winter time in the Chicago, Illinois area for going 70-mph in a 65-mph speed zone seems unusual. Also, for the arresting officer who made the stop to be able to smell the odor of marijuana which presumably was wrapped, duffled, and carried in the cargo area of a full size pickup truck underneath a fiberglass tuneau cover also seems unusual.

Could it be that the police were aware of the vehicle before it was stopped, supposedly for speeding, and that the murder was retribution from a drug dealer, angry for his loss, because a cause & effect connection was real in his mind?
Old 08-18-2010, 03:09 PM   #234
brk-lnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
With all these posts this has probably been mentioned before but here's my two cents.

900-lbs of marijuana is worth a lot of money, and getting stopped on an interstate highway in the winter time in the Chicago, Illinois area for going 70-mph in a 65-mph speed zone seems unusual. Also, for the arresting officer who made the stop to be able to smell the odor of marijuana which presumably was wrapped, duffled, and carried in the cargo area of a full size pickup truck underneath a fiberglass tuneau cover also seems unusual.

Could it be that the police were aware of the vehicle before it was stopped, supposedly for speeding, and that the murder was retribution from a drug dealer, angry for his loss, because a cause & effect connection was real in his mind?
Doubtful.

I-94, which runs East/West through Michigan and Illinois is the primary drug corridor in that region (I grew up in the Detroit 'burbs). The police do a lot of "profiling" of vehicles and have gotten pretty good at picking out the mules. One of the main things that is a giveaway is a vehicle doing exactly 5 over on a roadway that usually has people doing 15-25 over for long stretches. Couple that with suspension sag and/or lack of suspension travel (from a beefed up undercarriage) on a road that is filled with potholes, and you have a high probability of a mule vehicle.

It doesn't take any "anonymous tips" to pick these vehicles off.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:00 PM   #235
fatlazyless

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk-lnt View Post
Doubtful. The police do a lot of "profiling" of vehicles and have gotten pretty good at picking out the mules.

It doesn't take any "anonymous tips" to pick these vehicles off.
Probably, I have seen too many police stories on the tv boob tube, but whatcha think about this possibility?

It was a full-sized, late model, big money Chevy pickup, so couldn't the police have been track'n it by gps with its' GM On-Star service and just used the excess 5-mph for an excuse to stop, and then used the supposed 'strong odor' as a reasonable cause to search the vehicle?
Old 08-19-2010, 05:25 PM   #236
brk-lnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Probably, I have seen too many police stories on the tv boob tube, but whatcha think about this possibility?

It was a full-sized, late model, big money Chevy pickup, so couldn't the police have been track'n it by gps with its' GM On-Star service and just used the excess 5-mph for an excuse to stop, and then used the supposed 'strong odor' as a reasonable cause to search the vehicle?
No.

Go refold your tinfoil hat. They are getting to you.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:30 PM   #237
chowda

Why don't you think about the possibility that this all goes back to the first person in town that got busted, NOT Stacey Burns. Remember, the local guy that was a teacher/coach at a NH high school was arrested selling oxycontin. It was on the news and in the papers, and then all of a sudden nothing could be found online anymore. Somehow this same person never went to trial or jail and now lives in Virginia (hopefully not working at another school) without any of the problems that most would encounter after being caught committing such a crime. One could then also take into account the other ensuing drug related arrests in town. Maybe the serious possibility of a person actually arrested for dealing/ratting should be considered before attributing any of this to Stacey's murder. I just hope 20/20, along with the authorities are truly looking into ALL of the possible people that could have committed this crime and take into account ALL of the leads that they have been given.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:26 AM   #238
tis

That is interesting chowda. I didn't think of that connection. I did wonder how he got to just go away to Va. So you think he made a deal?
Old 08-21-2010, 03:13 PM   #239
gokart-mozart

Default The Drug Connection Possibility (Speculation)

I've wondered (and posted) about a possible drug connection for a long time - but I don't know any of the people involved, so trying to put it all together involves wild speculation.

1) I agree the JL bust is strange. I also agree he, or his vehicle, were probably targeted based on information coming from here.

2) After the arrest mentioned above, there WERE a lot of minor busts, plus the one in Brookfield which may have been not so minor.

3) Based on hearsay, the Burns murder was a passionate crime - that is, the killer inflicted injuries greater than required to achieve the desired end.

Most people have supposed that the passion was romantic in nature, somehow (jealousy). But there are other kinds of passion, for example, revenge or a warning to others.

I keep coming back to the "summit" that Strelzin had sometime in the Fall when the DA, NHSP, Major Crime Unit, WPD, and "others Strelzin declined to name" were present. Some have suggested those others were Feds.

If the Feds are involved in this case, in any way, then it's much more complicated than the "husband vs. boyfriend" speculators would have it. Perhaps we'll learn more from 20/20 - although I suspect Wolfe City will just wind up getting trashed.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:39 AM   #240
Skip

Post 20-20 doing a feature story on this crime

According to THIS Union Leader story ABC's 20-20 will do a feature story on this case.
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:07 PM   #241
RI Swamp Yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
According to THIS Union Leader story ABC's 20-20 will do a feature story on this case.
That was mentioned in post 232 by APS.

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...&postcount=232
Old 08-26-2010, 05:23 AM   #242
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by RI Swamp Yankee View Post
That was mentioned in post 232 by APS.

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...&postcount=232
It was but then there was an additional article with more information that Skip posted. Thanks Skip.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:29 PM   #243
BrownstoneNorth

Default Jim Lowry Update

Sorry if this was posted elsewhere -- I just came across it and didn't see anything here.

Granite State News

Lowry pleads guilty to marijuana charge in Illinois
by Elissa Paquette

WOLFEBORO — Wolfeboro Supervisor of the Checklist and former police commissioner Jim Lowry, 53, pled guilty to one of three separate felony counts in the Henry County Courthouse in Cambridge, Illinois on July 20.

The partially-negotiated plea included the dismissal of two counts, leaving the count of Class X manufacture/delivery of cannabis (greater than 5,000 grams) intact.

In accepting the plea, the court found Lowry's open plea of guilty "to be knowingly and voluntarily made."

Lowry was arrested on March 27, 2009 on Interstate 80 in Illinois driving a pick up truck carrying 900 pounds of marijuana estimated to have a Midwest street value of $2.25 million. Bond was set at $500,000 with a minimum cash payment of $50,000 and Lowry was set free to return to his hometown.

The court ruled on July 20 that Lowry must pay a minimum fine of $50,000 and $3,400 in additional costs. Both parties entered into an agreement that includes a cap of 16 years incarceration under the Illinois Department of Corrections. Actual jail time will be determined following a pretrial sentencing investigation and a sentencing hearing set for Sept. 17.

Town Clerk Pat Waterman said that Lowry will have the opportunity to resign his post as supervisor of the checklist, but that the town will not take any action on the matter until it receives official notice from the Illinois court. "Knowing Jim," said Waterman, "he'll do the right thing."

Supervisors Tom O'Dowd and Dennis Bean will appoint a replacement once they receive Lowry's resignation.
BrownstoneNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:59 PM   #244
hilltopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownstoneNorth View Post
"Knowing Jim," said Waterman, "he'll do the right thing."
Sorry, but I got a huge kick outta this statement...
hilltopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:08 PM   #245
jmen24

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopper View Post
Sorry, but I got a huge kick outta this statement...
Me too.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:25 PM   #246
BrownstoneNorth

Quote:
Me too.
Me, three. But I must say that I think it was inappropriate to have moved the Jim Lowry Update post to this thread. I'm not aware of any evidence whatsoever of any linkage between that the Burns murder and the Lowry marijuana incident, and I certainly made no such link in my post. I think it should be treated as a separate matter unless or until proven otherwise.
BrownstoneNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BrownstoneNorth For This Useful Post:
twoplustwo (09-08-2010)
Old 09-09-2010, 07:56 PM   #247
chowda

Seems to me if you had thought it was so inappropriate, you would not have posted your Jim Lowry Update here in the first place. Jim Lowry most definitely deserves a thread of his own. Maybe then a lot of the speculation and rumors concerning him in this thread would be avoided.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:14 PM   #248
Petah

Chowda, you seem to have more insight than most on this thread. Any updates on the three suspects you mentioned in the past? Do you know if 20/20 may have come up with any new revelations to this tragic case.
Petah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:15 AM   #249
chowda

I don't even know what I think about all of this anymore. From the beginning, I have never been positive of any one of the possibilities. I just don't want anyone overlooked because they don't fit the usual profile of having been an ex-boyfriend or ex-husband. I don't expect much to be gained from the 20/20 episode other than some mud-slinging and more speculation. Hopefully I am wrong. There is no way that the police gave 20/20 all the information concerning this case, as they made it appear to some of those interviewed. I think they were manipulating things and pitting people against each other to get a juicy episode. They could care less about Stacey, her family, or this town.
The Following User Says Thank You to chowda For This Useful Post:
Heaven (09-10-2010)
Old 09-10-2010, 03:00 PM   #250
jmen24

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowda View Post
Seems to me if you had thought it was so inappropriate, you would not have posted your Jim Lowry Update here in the first place. Jim Lowry most definitely deserves a thread of his own. Maybe then a lot of the speculation and rumors concerning him in this thread would be avoided.
Chowda, the stand alone thread of the report was merged into this one and not by Brownstonenorth. That is why it is being questioned by Brownstone in the second post.
The Following User Says Thank You to jmen24 For This Useful Post:
BrownstoneNorth (09-10-2010)
Old 09-11-2010, 09:52 AM   #251
chowda

Default Apologies Brownstone

So how does that happen? Why would an unrelated thread get merged into another? Why would someone put the two together like that? I think it contributes to gossip and is irresponsible. Much of the info posted on this thread at least has to do with this case or questions the events surrounding it. I don't understand why the two keep getting linked together other than the more than a year old Union Leader article concerning all the incidents within that short time span. I just hate to see the two connected without verification. Again, sorry Brownstone.
The Following User Says Thank You to chowda For This Useful Post:
old coot (09-12-2010)
Old 09-11-2010, 02:53 PM   #252
RI Swamp Yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowda View Post
So how does that happen? Why would an unrelated thread get merged into another? Why would someone put the two together like that?....
Only a Moderator can move or combine threads.

While I would never presume to speak for the Moderator I would guess that since Jim Lowry was mentioned several times previously in this thread, that name is related to this thread and the previous speculation in the thread concerning him.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:40 AM   #253
luckypete

Default 20/20

Greetings all, just found this:

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/slideshow...stery-12607480
luckypete is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to luckypete For This Useful Post:
christo1 (01-20-2011)
Old 01-20-2011, 10:28 AM   #254
Mr. V

STILL no arrest?

Maybe Andy should give Barney his bullet back.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:26 AM   #255
ClosetExtrovert

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckypete View Post
Is that tomorrow night's show?!
ClosetExtrovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:10 PM   #256
Winnisquamguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClosetExtrovert View Post
Is that tomorrow night's show?!
Yes it is tomorrow's show 1-21-2011
Old 03-16-2011, 10:34 AM   #257
jpskate8

Default Arrest soon?

I hear an arrest is going to be coming soon on this case..... Someone has been talking!

We will see.....
jpskate8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:50 PM   #258
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,617 Times in 560 Posts

Wonder how much money has been spent on this investigation.........a 12 year old could figure it out.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:45 AM   #259
sa meredith

Default Tv

The only thing I know about this case is what I saw on the television program (20/20?).
Anyway...based on that, my money is on the boyfriend.
Strange reaction to finding out this woman that he loved was dead. Telling police to "look at him". Weird, for sure.
Is this consistent with what others think?
Maybe the ex-husband?
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:01 AM   #260
tis

He did look very guilty in the 20/20 story. But there were so many rumors around town that made others look guilty that I can't say that I totally believe it was him.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #261
BlackCatIslander

Default Todays Boston Globe

There is an interesting article in the Metro Section of today's Boston Globe about the Stacy Burn's murder in Wolfboro.
BlackCatIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:49 AM   #262
Just Sold

Default Duffle Bag Found

Police investigating duffel bag found near Stacey Burns' home on a neighbors property.

http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/Pol...#ixzz1x7vquq7W
Old 01-15-2013, 11:11 AM   #263
Mr. V

Any new developments?
Old 05-08-2013, 06:22 AM   #264
riverat

Default Interview

WMUR is showing a segment on the 11:00pm news on Stacey Burns, interview with her son who discovered her body Mother's Day 2009
Old 08-01-2013, 04:07 PM   #265
codeman671

I received an email today that the Burns house is up for auction. It is listed on the JSJ Auctions website.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:43 PM   #266
Steveo

Default More than 4 years

I can't believe this is still unsolved after more than 4 years.

Has there been anything reported new?
Steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 06:47 PM   #267
Mr. V

Default Getting away with murder

Stacey Burns was killed in 2009, and to my knowledge no arrests have been made.

Looks like someone is getting away with murder.
Old 12-03-2019, 07:26 PM   #268
Mr. V

It's been more than ten years, and no arrests.

Sad.

R.I.P. Ms. Burns.
Old 12-08-2019, 10:15 PM   #269
Sue Doe-Nym

Quote:
It's been more than ten years, and no arrests.

Sad.

R.I.P. Ms. Burns.
That is unbelievable....ten years! I thought they had a serious “person of interest” years ago. How tragic that it not only happened , but that someone who murdered her has walked away, free as a bird.
Sue Doe-Nym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 01:38 AM   #270
Wifi-1

Wolfeboro, a great place to live, just don't get murdered there.....

Ooops, starting to sound like FLL
Wifi-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 01:17 PM   #271
Music Man

Quote:
Stacey Burns was killed in 2009, and to my knowledge no arrests have been made.

Looks like someone is getting away with murder.
The national average for "clearing" murder cases is only 60%. Yes, it's sad, but apparently not that unusual.

It's kinda like CPR - you'd like to think it always works, like in the movies, but the reality is that less than 20% ultimately survive after being resuscitated.
Music Man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Music Man For This Useful Post:
jerseyonbear (12-21-2019)
Old 09-02-2023, 03:49 PM   #272
capngary

Default 14 years

From the inception, the WPD has been saying the case is still active and an arrest is IMMINENT.

Perhaps it is time to let PEOPLE MAGAZINE INVESTIGATES take a shot at solving this case.