Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2017, 05:44 PM   #1
LadyJane

Default the swimming season

I was just wondering if the swimming season is a little slow to get started this year......are you swimming ? are folks at the beaches? seems like the water temps are cooler than normal this year. We'll be up next week and I know my granddaughter is going to want to head to the beach and she'll want gramma to be in the water with her !!
LadyJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 06:49 PM   #2
Barney Bear

Default Water Temperature History

Checked our guest log books for the water temperature on East Bear Island for this date in other years. This year it is 64 degrees. Last year it was 67 degrees. It was about the same in other years. Enjoy!!! 🏊🏼*♀️ 🏄🏻
Barney Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 11:29 PM   #3
kawishiwi

Default East of Long Island

Found 72 surface temps while fishing east of Long Island this weekend.
kawishiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 03:36 PM   #4
magicrobotmonkey

We were at west alton sandbar yesterday, and everyone was in the water. The 3 year old wouldn't get out! This is the temp you want in August.
magicrobotmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 04:49 PM   #5
fatlazyless

Default .... heated wet suit vests

Here's what you need, www.heatedwetsuitreviews.com, so you can be swimming the icy cold lake from Patriots Day, April 19, to Christmas! I just ordered the RipCurl H-Bomb heated wet suit vest from the www.swimoutlet.com for about $245, reg price 299, and am waiting for it to arrive. It is powered by a 7.4v lithium rechargable battery. The size xxl is about $225....and that was maybe the better size ....I dunno?

Could be a big waste, in which case I'll return it, or it may be good for swimming and sailing a small, wet sailboat, a 12' Laser Pico ........ time will tell? Sounds too good to be true...... but I cannot resist giving it a try out.

What's next ...... a SeaDoo SeaScooter Pro (big enough for adults, w/ two batteries) ..... sort of like an in-the-water jet-pak with an enclosed propeller pulling you forward at about 1 to 1 1/2-mph ......... as seen on Sea Hunt, back in July, 1959 www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcXtyKzHpUA with Mike Nelson......aka the late, great LLoyd Bridges .... and available from Parafunalia in Gilford, NH for about $259 ..... list price 299....... the Seascooter Dolphin, about $199 is less powerfull, one battery, is smaller, less powerfull, just one battery, made for kids. As far as I know, these do not require a New Hampshire boat registration, but am not too sure about this?

It looks like the two swimmer/divers in the you tube are both wearing a weight belt.....wonder how much weight is needed to do this with a mask and snorkel to create a small amount of negative buoyancy, while still wearing a swimmers belt at the same time? Is that how it works?

From the water temperature page, today's June 19, 2017, U S Geologic Survey info buoy, at the Weirs, water temp is 64.5 degrees, from earlier today, which is definitely a little cold, maybe a lot cold, for swimming, especially with no sunshine today. But, with a heated wet suit vest ....... who knows ..... time will tell?

As of 6:42-pm, the graph for the USGS Winnipesaukee buoy, afloat at the Weirs Beach swim area rope line, shows the water temp at about 65.25-degrees....so it's gone up 3/4-degree since this morning.

Last edited by fatlazyless; 06-20-2017 at 01:22 PM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links