Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-17-2005, 06:30 AM   #1
JDeere

Default Best source to search for used boats??

I am trying to find the best source of used boats. Is there a boat sellers or buyers "bible" out there that is the number one source??

Thanks.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 04:07 PM   #2
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere
I am trying to find the best source of used boats. Is there a boat sellers or buyers "bible" out there that is the number one source??

Thanks.
In New England, I find the WantAdvertiser to be a wonderful place to buy a boat. I found my last boat there and bought it the day it was first listed at a fantastic price.

online try:

www.boattraderonline.com
www.iboats.com (found my current boat here but had to go to Indiana to get it.)
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 04:33 PM   #3
pmj

try Yachtworld www.yachtworld.com
or www.unclehenrys.com at Uncle Henry's you have to register but registration is free. It's like the Want Advertiser for NH & Maine

good luck,
pmj
pmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 08:27 PM   #4
JDeere

Smile Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 11:11 AM   #5
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere

Thanks.
Just a thought, but why not post the specifics about the boat you wish to buy here and/or on other boating forums? Maybe someone has one they plan to sell.

Just yesterday, I sold a boat to someone who did this on www.boatingabc.com (not a used boat sales site but lots of nice people and Winni boaters on there). I was not planning to sell it until May and had not advertised it yet. Both the buyer and I were quite happy with the way things worked out.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2005, 08:21 AM   #6
TomC

Default and of course..

there's always eBay. you can get a great deal if you know what you want and how much you want to pay (and have the discipline to stick with your limitations). Since boats, cars, etc aren't easily shipped (and any "deal" one got could be negated by shipping costs if the buyer had to have it shipped) you may find less competition for it. If you locate a boat you think you may want, you may end up being the only serious bidder, as the customer base is really just regional for boats.
TomC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 10:31 AM   #7
fatlazyless

Cool

Fay's Boat Yard in Gilford, NH, has an excellent website, www.faysboatyard.com, with a sailboat and motorboat section. The website has multiple photos for each boat and the yard is staffed all winter so you can go kick the tires, ooops I mean go kick the rudder. All sorts of boats are over there, plus their boat store is crammed full of all sorts of boat stuff and sometimes they take 20% off as a winter discount. At least they have for me on purchases like a portable gas tank or trailer rollers or stern back porch or yacht line or gas tank sending unit or or a winch or a, or a, or a, did I leave sometin out.

Plus, oh yes, it's just a mile or so from the Gilford Wal-Mart, home of the world famous Wal-Mart Tech two-stroke oil for outboards that sells for $5.94/gallon which is especially formulated for the Lake Winnipesaukee boating environment! And how much is it for the good stuff, that Amsoil two stroke oil?
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 07:55 AM   #8
ITD

Default Best place in Lakes Region to find used boat......

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/classifieds/viewads.html

/obvious
ITD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 08:16 PM   #9
Island Time

All depends what you are looking for. I was looking for a newer boat and had it narrowed down to a couple of years and a couple of models. I first tried teh Want Ad and all the winnipesaukee marinas, but no luck at all on newer models. I ended up using boattraderonline.com and it was great. You can sort and search for exactly what you are looking for.
Island Time is offline   Reply With Quote