Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Winni Pets
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2016, 07:52 AM   #1
Noboat

Default Cacao Kennels

Back in the early 90's there was a delightful woman in Gilford named Edna Pillow. She was a breeder of Chocolate Labs (English style) under the Cacao Kennels name. We were fortunate to have one of her dogs back then and they were outstanding to say the least.

I am wondering if any one of the forum members might have some info to share or if anyone is aware of someone who may have carried on the bloodlines with some of the Cacao Kennel dogs.

Thanks
Noboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 07:37 PM   #2
Spider Girl

Default Cacao Kennels and Edna Pillow

Hi, we also had one of her dogs (actually the mother was bred to one of hers). The best and brightest chocolate lab ever; she was such an important part of our family's life. We never bred her, and I am not aware of anyone else who might have a dog of that lineage. I just had to weigh in about specialness of her bloodlines.
Old 03-19-2016, 03:35 PM   #3
CaptT820

Default Labradors

Are you interested in getting a puppy, or were you just curious if there were any dogs of that lineage in the area? We have a pure-bred English who is 10 years old from a different breeder who I would highly recommend based on our experiences. Extremely professional and I have my dog's family history and lineage back to the 1950's.
CaptT820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 05:06 PM   #4
ishoot308

Thanked 4,924 Times in 1,906 Posts
Default Willcare Kennels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noboat View Post
Back in the early 90's there was a delightful woman in Gilford named Edna Pillow. She was a breeder of Chocolate Labs (English style) under the Cacao Kennels name. We were fortunate to have one of her dogs back then and they were outstanding to say the least.

I am wondering if any one of the forum members might have some info to share or if anyone is aware of someone who may have carried on the bloodlines with some of the Cacao Kennel dogs.

Thanks
I would contact Sue Willumsen of Willcare Kennels http://willcarelabradors.com/ If anyone can direct you to this woman or her breeding lines she can. She is president of the "National Labrador Retrievers Club" and lives right here in Kingston, NH. I bought my last three labs from Sue and she is the ultimate professional and caring breeder.

Good luck!

Dan
Airedale1 (03-21-2016)