Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Lake Issues > Boating Issues
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2015, 09:13 AM   #201
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,088 Times in 782 Posts

Whatever happen to WinnFIBS? They may be dormant but my state representative received a phone call from someone who claim he is WinnFIBS. The person was canvassing the possibility to limit the size of boats and motors under the technicality that Lake Winnipesaukee is a reservoir. All surrounding towns get their water from the lake. Due to the tourist based economy my representative don't think it is feasible to legislate.
Old 09-13-2015, 12:48 PM   #202
Winnisquamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
Whatever happen to WinnFIBS? They may be dormant but my state representative received a phone call from someone who claim he is WinnFIBS. The person was canvassing the possibility to limit the size of boats and motors under the technicality that Lake Winnipesaukee is a reservoir. All surrounding towns get their water from the lake. Due to the tourist based economy my representative don't think it is feasible to legislate.
Can we put a limit on fun too? Should make a phone call to the fun police. What a nonsense idea to limit those boats regardless whether you are for or against them. What happened to live free or die?
The Following User Says Thank You to Winnisquamer For This Useful Post:
pm203 (09-19-2015)
Old 09-20-2015, 06:05 AM   #203
ApS

Arrow Updating...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
I only use the "new posts" tab. Its clearly labeled Boating Issues on the right side of the thread. Let it go and stop reading threads you don't like. Much more annoying to a lot of us is when people whine about this stuff in those particular threads when it is CLEARLY labeled for them to see which ones to avoid.
I've changed my opening tab to "Lake Issues": those threads appearing on the screen would be the threads to avoid where controversy is an issue.

"New Posts" would be your next stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
APS, at 5:48 this video is over.... the scenes that you refer to happen between 1:00 and 2:00 mins.... I have watched several times, and I will agree that you do see the "anchor hatch" open, however I don't see an evidence of a flying anchor. This video is extremely poor quality, so it is incredibly hard to say anything concrete....

I can certainly conjecture, as you have done, but it is simply conjecture without any proof... hence I will not conjecture.... the fact of this video, is that the boat was in turbulent water, and the passengers and boat paid the price.
​​•​ ​One of Tres Martin's [performance-boat school] instructions is,
Quote:
"Never let your boat land on its side."
(A very strange admonition to most of Lake Winnipesaukee's family boaters).

​​•​ ​With this thread "renewed", an oversight needs to be addressed:

While the anchor did fly out of the hatch, it didn't disappear into the mist, as I wrote.

For several frames, the anchor can be seen being towed behind—hydroplaning—in the boat's wake.