Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Lake Issues > Boating Issues
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2011, 07:42 PM   #1
Just Sold

Post New Formula Boat Dealer

Paugus Bay Marina is the new Formula Dealer. http://www.paugusbaymarina.com/

So what boat manufacturer is being sold at Lakeport Landing Marina??? Their web page does say they are still a Formula dealer though. That would seem odd with Paugus Bay Marina next door.
The Following User Says Thank You to Just Sold For This Useful Post:
JAY336 (02-24-2011)
Old 02-19-2011, 08:22 PM   #2
jetskier

Post This has been rumored for a while

The rumor was that Lakeport Landing had lost their dealership. I would imagine that they will just sell the rest of their inventory. They do not appear to have another line of boats that they currently sell. So, it will be interesting to see what happens.

Jetskier
Old 02-20-2011, 08:59 AM   #3
Tank151

Default Formula Boats at Paugus Bay Marina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Sold View Post
Paugus Bay Marina is the new Formula Dealer. http://www.paugusbaymarina.com/

So what boat manufacturer is being sold at Lakeport Landing Marina??? Their web page does say they are still a Formula dealer though. That would seem odd with Paugus Bay Marina next door.
Paugus Bay Marina will sell Formula boats for so long...and then they'll lose the dealership as they have done with selling Cigarette and Checkmate boats. They should stick with their niche "entry level boats"!
Old 02-20-2011, 11:31 AM   #4
Cal

Sorry to hear about Lakeport Landing. I've dealt with them and they were really GREAT!
Old 02-21-2011, 01:06 PM   #5
sunsationdave

Default New formula daaler

Great News
I would say that paugus bay marina is the best dealer to take over formula boats.
They store allot of them.They know the boat. Kevin is a good business owner
cory is a good sales person and reggie/ sevrive dept is top notch. And they can handel the big crusiers too.They will sell many boats at that location.
I have been using them for 6 years and never had any problems.They are knot brand bias like lakeport
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2011, 07:30 PM   #6
Belmont Resident

Default Formula

From what I understand it was Formula who sought out a new dealer for this area and broke with Lakeport due to all the bad publicity that it was generated from the boating accident and subsequent trial.
As PBM and Formula, unless they expand I don't think their big enough to handle selling and servicing them.
I'd be interrested to see what the pricing is like. New boats tend to be priced anywhere from 5 to 15% higher in the lakes region.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:17 PM   #7
SigSauer

Default Not an accurate depiction of PBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank151 View Post
Paugus Bay Marina will sell Formula boats for so long...and then they'll lose the dealership as they have done with selling Cigarette and Checkmate boats. They should stick with their niche "entry level boats"!
I have been a customer of Paugus Bay Marina for 11 years. I have watched and observed this business grow into what it is today. The team at Paugus Bay Marina has one key ingredient to their success.......integrity. They are an honest group of people that work very hard to create an enjoyable boating season for the many families their business supports. Certainly the economy has had an impact on the boating business, hence the reason several manufacturers, dealers and marina operations have gone by the wayside. Paugus Bay Marina continues to make careful and wise business decisions which ensure the long-term success of the marina for those to enjoy for many years. The addition of Formula Boats to their offering is the result of an evolution in their improving business. You never fall to the top of the mountain.......in the case of Lakeport Landing, it us unfortunate, but you can quickly fall to the bottom.
The Following User Says Thank You to SigSauer For This Useful Post:
Waterbaby (04-07-2011)
Old 02-23-2011, 01:53 PM   #8
codeman671

I dont know much about PBM, but have not heard anything bad about them. What I will saw though, is with their recent history of carrying lower end lines they will need some serious capital to be able to fund the stocking Formulas. Floor plans are fine and dandy, but there is a big difference between floor planning a Glastron 259 or a Bryant vs a Formula 370SS.

I would think the line would have been better at Silver Sands or Sheps.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:30 PM   #9
robmac

Well Checkmates weren't cheap to floorplan and they don't have that line anylonger. I think Codeman may be on to something.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:12 PM   #10
VtSteve

I believe there's but one major floor planner left in GE, and they re-engineered the rates last year to make it excruciatingly painful to continue. You need big bucks and capital to floor plan anything now, which is why so many boat dealers are to order mostly. Formula is building to order as well, and not exactly producing in large volumes.

For the customer, this means large down payments, and less selection on the floor for sure. The old days are gone.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:10 PM   #11
bigpatsfan

Formula sells a high priced boat. Certainly one of the most expensive boats sold on the Lake.

Formula is known as a go-fast boat and now that we have high gas prices and a speed limit you have to ask who can afford or who wants a go-fast boat. With the poor economy you wonder if customers looked for a lower cost alternative.

My guess is boats sales were down and Formula decided to see if using another boat dealer would improve sales.

This is less a referendum on who is better Lakeport or Paugus Bay Marina than it is if there is a market for Formula boats on a lake.

Formula does not want to end up like Baja and Fountain.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:13 AM   #12
Belmont Resident

Default Are you kidding me?

Just look at the money that flocks here each summer. Many don't care about price they just want it and are willing to pay any price for it.
Look at some of the places that shut down during the off season. Why because the locals won't touch their prices and lack of quality or customer service.
There was another thread about HK. HK is in business because of the tourists who are willing to pay there inflated labor rates and high prices. Many of us will shop as far away as another state to save paying the higher pricing that goes with living in this area.
And HK’s customer service or lack there of, I won’t get into that.

An example of pricing: I purchased a 24 Sea Ray back in 99. Another boater on Winni purchased the same exact boat with a trailer and paid 5K less than I did because he bought it away from this lake. Same thing goes with Formula, compare prices on line around NE.
They are both great boats but the bottom line is you will pay more for the same product if purchased on or around this lake. The same goes for used boats only the savings can be more drastic. Check out used boat prices down south. If you have a means to trailer a boat from there you will save thousands even tens of thousands less than the same boat priced up here. We’ve been looking and personally I was floored by the differences.

I hope PBM does well but I don't think they have a big enough marina space wise to support the Formula boat line.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:26 AM   #13
jrc

Should be interesting to see what brand Lakeport Landing lands next. They have a ton of slips there and I doubt they want to rent them to Formulas bought across the bay. As this economy improves a lot of those Formula owners will want to upgrade and they tend to be loyal, especially the way Formula financing used to work. Lakeport needs to have something to sell them.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:51 PM   #14
SigSauer

Default Assumptions Assumptions......

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmac View Post
Well Checkmates weren't cheap to floorplan and they don't have that line anylonger. I think Codeman may be on to something.
Lake Winnipesaukee businesses are decimated from the economic conditions and short-season. I don't think it is fair to make assumptions relative to "flooring plans" and partnership negotiations. PBM is not the only marina at the lake who has made adjustments to their product line to attract new customers and adjust to New Hampshire legislation changing the boating landscape at the lake. Example: Silver Sands and Fountain Powerboats breaking ties.

Let's not assume that the requirement for representing the product line will be to carry inventory of Yacht 45, FasTech 382, 40 cruisers and 400 Super Sports. That is not the market segment for Winnipesaukee anymore.

East Coast Flightcraft in Middleton Mass. has that covered.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:53 PM   #15
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigSauer View Post
Lake Winnipesaukee businesses are decimated from the economic conditions and short-season. I don't think it is fair to make assumptions relative to "flooring plans" and partnership negotiations. PBM is not the only marina at the lake who has made adjustments to their product line to attract new customers and adjust to New Hampshire legislation changing the boating landscape at the lake. Example: Silver Sands and Fountain Powerboats breaking ties.

Let's not assume that the requirement for representing the product line will be to carry inventory of Yacht 45, FasTech 382, 40 cruisers and 400 Super Sports. That is not the market segment for Winnipesaukee anymore.

East Coast Flightcraft in Middleton Mass. has that covered.
There is more to the story of Silver Sands parting ways with Fountain. Lack of warranty support from Fountain being a major one.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:00 PM   #16
SigSauer

Default Good example

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
There is more to the story of Silver Sands parting ways with Fountain. Lack of warranty support from Fountain being a major one.
Thanks Codeman......again there is always more to the story then meets the eye.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:36 PM   #17
robmac

Sig,you seem to have the inside track. Can you tell us anything?
Old 02-24-2011, 10:41 PM   #18
Seadoo

Contacted Formula today. They said that Lakeport Landing is still listed as a dealer and can actually still order a Formula for themselves or for a customer. Also they are still a 100% full wokring Formula Service Department. I'd check with both marinas before i buy.

Think spring!

Last edited by Seadoo; 02-24-2011 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Error
The Following User Says Thank You to Seadoo For This Useful Post:
trfour (02-24-2011)
Old 02-25-2011, 09:01 AM   #19
SigSauer

Default Facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmac View Post
Sig,you seem to have the inside track. Can you tell us anything?
- The owners of PBM have very strong, long-standing reputations/relationships with key individuals in the boating industry. This stems from their prior history and involvement in off-shore powerboat racing.

- They have very skilled mechanics and already service several Formula Boats from the marina across the bay. (Along with many other boat brands.)

- Lake Port Landing was visited by Formula Representatives and a discussion took place regarding the future of their partnership.

- These same representatives visited PBM, subsequent to those discussions, and a new relationship/partnership was formed.

- PBM will be stationed in the Formula Exhibit at the New England Boat Show.

- It is obvious that there will be a transition period for Lake-Port Landing. They are still carrying inventory which they need to sell. A customer calling into Formula is not going to get "the behind the scenes" business dealings of what is happening with their dealership network. Especially when the prior dealership relationship still has inventory to sell.

- Formula is also not going to risk the quality of their brand, coming out of the frying pan (Lakeport Landing) and into a fire if they did not have confidence that PBM could represent and service their product effectively.

These are business decisions. They are made carefully and planned out accordingly. Certainly if they are not lucrative for both parties, there will be more changes. That is the way it goes. I would expect that the situation with the previous dealership will evolve as the inventory they are carrying is depleted.

That is all I have for now.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:31 PM   #20
meredith weekender

The Formula web site lists the NH dealer as PBM with their Meredith address.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:13 PM   #21
bigpatsfan

What is interesting is if you put the Manchester NH zip code into the dealer locater feature on the Formula WEB site it shows a NY dealership… looks like Formula needs to spend some time updating their WEB site

Formula Boats Northeast
351 S Main St
Freeport, NY 11520
516 378-8700 ph.

mikeraguso@gmail.com
(really a gmail address)
Old 02-27-2011, 08:36 PM   #22
Seadoo

Ahh yes it appears you are right. I to did go to Formula's website and punch in the zip. PBM comes up. I decided to give lakeport a call today to see what was up:

They said two main things:
1) If customers would like to order a new Formula that can be done through their dealership, they still have a great connection with Formula and can order any boat wanted. I am under the impression that because LL can order boats still; their prices will most likely be lower than PBM..

2) They have decided to remain a Formula Dealer but made a business choice to i guess not bring in new Formulas? one can assume but none can be sure why this was done. Quick search on Formula’s site indicates a lot of dealers were ‘dropped.’ Like the NY dealer the email is ‘@formulaboats.com’ I wonder if Formula now sells? Who knows I can’t afford one of these anyway!
Think spring everyone!

Last edited by Seadoo; 02-27-2011 at 08:38 PM. Reason: error
Old 02-28-2011, 04:06 PM   #23
LadyoftheLake

Thumbs up Paugus Bay Marina

I was at the Boston Boat Show Feb 26 and I visited the Formula boat display. Paugus Bay Marina had a 31 and 35 foot Formula SS on display. Kevin and Cory were there speaking with the visitors. We have had our Boat serviced and stored with them for the past 7 years and I am extremely satisfied with their customer service. Reggie is one of the best mechanics on the Lake. I don't know the exact count, but I would say that they service and store at least 20 plus boats from our Club at the Lake. The fact that Formula approached PBM for the dealership, shows that they have confidence in them. I wish PBM the best with their new Formulas. I am sure all boat dealers are hoping for an improvement in the economy and lower gas prices.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:59 AM   #24
Bentley Boy

Default New Formula dealer

I think this would be a good time to stop the speculation and attempt to set the record straight on this matter.

I have known the owners of both marinas for more than thirty years. In fact one of the PBM owners worked for Lakeport Landing in the late seventies and early eighties. These are all good people who have worked hard at being successful in the very seasonal marina business.

Some facts:

1. Lakeport Landing's relationship with Formula has been great and goes back 31 years. For several years Lakeport Landing was the largest Formula dealer in the world!! Not a small achievement. It was a mutually beneficial arrangement for years but, when the recession hit, boat dealers everywhere were caught with new unsold inventory and needed help from the manufacturers. Formula's excellent special financing packages became not available because of banks' reluctance to lend money. As the new inventory aged, Lakeport Landing and other Formula dealers called and met with Formula executives but no assistance was offered. Formula essentially gave up its entire dealer network that took years to build and decided to sell directly to the public as SeaDoo speculated.. The New York address in bigpatsfan's previous post is actually Formula itself. Now Formula had current models to sell without a middle man while the poor dealers were stuck with new prior years models. How can any dealer compete when the factory is selling current product directly to the public at a lower price?

2. The notion that the Diamond Island accident had anything to do with Formula giving its franchise to PBM is wrong. If it were so it would not have taken Formula more than 2 1/2 years to do so. While it was not the best publicity, the truth is that the boat involved was not a "go fast". It was a 370 Sun Sport which is known in the industry as a "day boat". The unexpected conditions that night were impossible without radar or GPS. Speed had nothing to do with it.

3. As good as PBM may be, they will never be able to handle the full Formula line. It takes special equipment to lift boats over 30 feet. These boats are heavy. PBM will probably focus its sales on the smaller entry level boats.

4. PBM has limited dockage and relies mainly on rack storage which is less expensive than dockage but far less convenient for the boat owner.

5. Floor Plan will be difficult for PBM to inventory new boats and then sell them in a short period of time.

So, lets all of us wish both marinas the best. All three entities have made a business decision that hopefully will work out for all.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bentley Boy For This Useful Post:
Cobalt 25 (04-06-2011), Dogberry01 (05-15-2011)
Old 03-01-2011, 12:19 PM   #25
gf2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley Boy View Post
I think this would be a good time to stop the speculation and attempt to set the record straight on this matter.

And you are in a position to do this why?
Old 03-01-2011, 01:47 PM   #26
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
I2. The notion that the Diamond Island accident had anything to do with Formula giving its franchise to PBM is wrong. If it were so it would not have taken Formula more than 2 1/2 years to do so. While it was not the best publicity, the truth is that the boat involved was not a "go fast". It was a 370 Sun Sport which is known in the industry as a "day boat". The unexpected conditions that night were impossible without radar or GPS. Speed had nothing to do with it.
BB,

With all do respect, your second comment, is way off base. Yes it may have taken 2.5 years for this to happen, but to believe that the Diamond Island accident had no influence here, is not easy to just right off. If there was a contract in place, it needed to expire. If Formula had pulled from LakePort to early, and the case had worked out differently for the Blizzards they would have been open to a lawsuit.

How much or how little the Diamond Island Accident had to do with this, is purely speculation. However to say that it had nothing to do with it is a stretch.

Just my .02$
Old 03-01-2011, 03:04 PM   #27
brk-lnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
BB,

How much or how little the Diamond Island Accident had to do with this, is purely speculation.
So, you post admitted speculation, and someone else posts what appears to be verifiable data points?

The Diamond Island crash could certainly have been a turning point in the relationship, but it is just as easy to believe that it really had no bearing on the matter.

In the grand scheme of things I don't find the fact that Formula is changing their local relationships to be all that noteworthy. As a brand/manufacturer they appear to be making changes across the board. Several other boat brands, brands that were not associated with any 'incidents', have changed dealers, gone away, or re-appeared at local dealerships.

As others have said, both LBM and Lakeport Landing appear to be upstanding dealers who take care of their customers. It's natural for people to want to create rumor and gossip around things like this. Usually though the truth is much less interesting than the speculation...
bigpatsfan (03-04-2011)
Old 03-01-2011, 04:23 PM   #28
NoRegrets

Quote:

3. As good as PBM may be, they will never be able to handle the full Formula line. It takes special equipment to lift boats over 30 feet. These boats are heavy. PBM will probably focus its sales on the smaller entry level boats.
Thanks for the post. All good points but I have a friend that kept his 38 Fountain rack stored by PBM. They were great to him and his boat.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NoRegrets For This Useful Post:
Bentley Boy (03-01-2011), Paugus Bay Resident (03-01-2011)
Old 03-03-2011, 10:56 PM   #29
Cobalt 25

I purchased a new Formula, which remains our current boat, from Lakeport Landing in 2001, so I'm somewhat familiar with their operation.

While at the Boston Boat Show on Sunday, I spoke with a representative from Formula. He was not directly involved with Lakeport or PBM. I asked him why Lakeport was no longer dealing Formulas. He very politely and professionally told me nothing, other than to say in broad generalities that it was a business decision.

I later met and spoke with Cory from PBM and was very impressed with his friendly and helpful attitude.

I, too, wish both dealerships the best of luck.

Peter
Old 03-04-2011, 02:42 PM   #30
bigpatsfan

What is surprising is the fact that Formula decided to go with PBM instead of Channel Marine who have a long history of selling a similar style of boat.

I am guessing the departure of the Littlefields may have something to do with this but again, it is amazing that Formula decided to go with a fairly new dealer.

I wish both dealerships good luck
Old 03-04-2011, 07:11 PM   #31
robmac

I was at the show today and looked at Formula boats. Never sat in any Formula that I sank to the surface ( hard bottom ) of a seat in this brand. Maybe changes in manufacturing was a contributing factor?
Old 03-05-2011, 11:28 AM   #32
Cobalt 25

Have you been enjoying a lot of donuts lately?

Peter
Old 03-05-2011, 06:41 PM   #33
robmac

No sorry,maybe the cushions aren't what they used to be.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:51 PM   #34
Bentley Boy

After months of discussion and face to face meetings, Formula and Lakeport Landing Marina have announced that their relationship will remain essentially intact and that Lakeport Landing will become a "Non Stocking" dealer. This is a standard industry term which simply means that Lakeport Landing will not be stocking new 2011/2012, etc. boats. Lakeport Landing will be able to order for customers boats from Formula and will have access to all other Formula products and services. This is obviously the result of a great relationship that has lasted for more than thirty years and had nothing to do with the very unfortunate Diamond Island accident.

This is a great opportunity for the Paugus Bay Marina, Lakeport Landing and Formula itself to keep the various Formula models as one of the preeminent quality boat lines on Winnipesaukee. Please wish all concerned your best.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:05 PM   #35
Rusty

Quote:
After months of discussion and face to face meetings, Formula and Lakeport Landing Marina have announced that their relationship will remain essentially intact and that Lakeport Landing will become a "Non Stocking" dealer. This is a standard industry term which simply means that Lakeport Landing will not be stocking new 2011/2012, etc. boats. Lakeport Landing will be able to order for customers boats from Formula and will have access to all other Formula products and services. This is obviously the result of a great relationship that has lasted for more than thirty years and had nothing to do with the very unfortunate Diamond Island accident.

This is a great opportunity for the Paugus Bay Marina, Lakeport Landing and Formula itself to keep the various Formula models as one of the preeminent quality boat lines on Winnipesaukee. Please wish all concerned your best.

IMHO you are insulting the intelligence of quite a few forum members by coming on here and trying to convince us that Formula didn’t make their business decision based on the publicity that Eric Blizzard has had in the past few years. Good try though!
Old 03-09-2011, 08:00 AM   #36
chipj29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
IMHO you are insulting the intelligence of quite a few forum members by coming on here and trying to convince us that Formula didn’t make their business decision based on the publicity that Eric Blizzard has had in the past few years. Good try though!
Seems to me that you are doing the same thing.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:28 AM   #37
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipj29 View Post
Seems to me that you are doing the same thing.
You are exactly right "chipj29" , my comments hold about the same credibility as "Bentley Boy" comments do. The only people who really know why this move was made are the owners of Formula.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:07 AM   #38
SIKSUKR

Quote:
That makes no sense at all.If that was the case Formula would have severed ALL ties to Lakeport Marina.Why have any connection then?
Winnigirl (03-09-2011)
Old 03-09-2011, 11:10 AM   #39
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
That makes no sense at all.If that was the case Formula would have severed ALL ties to Lakeport Marina.Why have any connection then?
Your post makes the most sense so far.

This makes no sense! Why have 2 dealers within such a close proximity? I can certainly understand why Formula would cut ties, but being that they have not completely done it just seems odd unless this is some sort of gradual phase-out since Lakeport does not have any other lines they represent.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:12 PM   #40
sum-r breeze

Default Old Lesson.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
Your post makes the most sense so far.

This makes no sense! Why have 2 dealers within such a close proximity? I can certainly understand why Formula would cut ties, but being that they have not completely done it just seems odd unless this is some sort of gradual phase-out since Lakeport does not have any other lines they represent.
My old Italian Grandmother had a saying she used very frequently. She used to say "If you do bad things, bad things happen to you."

The Breeze
Wave 'cuz I'll be waving back
Old 03-10-2011, 04:55 AM   #41
ApS

Wink Cynics of the World, Unite!

Quote:
What part of the post insulted your intelligence?

This part?

Quote:
This is obviously the result of a great relationship that has lasted for more than thirty years and had nothing to do with the very unfortunate Diamond Island accident
The Following User Says Thank You to ApS For This Useful Post:
Rusty (03-10-2011)
Old 03-29-2011, 12:43 PM   #42
Breakwater

Default Bentley Boy

Quote:

I have known the owners of both marinas for more than thirty years. In fact one of the PBM owners worked for Lakeport Landing in the late seventies and early eighties. These are all good people who have worked hard at being successful in the very seasonal marina business.

Some facts:

1. Lakeport Landing's relationship with Formula has been great and goes back 31 years. For several years Lakeport Landing was the largest Formula dealer in the world!! Not a small achievement. It was a mutually beneficial arrangement for years but, when the recession hit, boat dealers everywhere were caught with new unsold inventory and needed help from the manufacturers. Formula's excellent special financing packages became not available because of banks' reluctance to lend money. As the new inventory aged, Lakeport Landing and other Formula dealers called and met with Formula executives but no assistance was offered. Formula essentially gave up its entire dealer network that took years to build and decided to sell directly to the public as SeaDoo speculated.. The New York address in bigpatsfan's previous post is actually Formula itself. Now Formula had current models to sell without a middle man while the poor dealers were stuck with new prior years models. How can any dealer compete when the factory is selling current product directly to the public at a lower price?

2. The notion that the Diamond Island accident had anything to do with Formula giving its franchise to PBM is wrong. If it were so it would not have taken Formula more than 2 1/2 years to do so. While it was not the best publicity, the truth is that the boat involved was not a "go fast". It was a 370 Sun Sport which is known in the industry as a "day boat". The unexpected conditions that night were impossible without radar or GPS. Speed had nothing to do with it.

4. PBM has limited dockage and relies mainly on rack storage which is less expensive than dockage but far less convenient for the boat owner.

5. Floor Plan will be difficult for PBM to inventory new boats and then sell them in a short period of time.

So, lets all of us wish both marinas the best. All three entities have made a business decision that hopefully will work out for all.
Bentley...I must say, you lost all credability with me as soon as you said "It was a 370 Sun Sport which is known in the industry as a "day boat". The unexpected conditions that night were impossible without radar or GPS. Speed had nothing to do with it." I don't know your connection with the accident, if any, but if you saw that boat or the trial...you wouldn't have come to this conclusion!
Old 03-30-2011, 11:59 AM   #43
Bentley Boy

You, Mr. Breakwater, have the credibility problem. You clearly do not even have a basic understanding of the different models that Formula builds. Among those models are bow riders, cruisers, yachts and the SS lines. The "go fast" Formulas are known as FasTechs which are narrow beam boats with racing style seats, equipment and the like. FasTechs are built for optimum speed and performance and have competed well in off shore American Power Boat Association (APBA) sanctioned events.

The SS line are true "day boats" as they are an open cockpit wide beam design for the comfort and entertainment for more than five people. The 370 version is a wide beam at 10'6", not what would be considered a desirable racing specification. I have owned both Formula FasTechs and SSs and, believe me, there is no comparison between the two especially in performance. They are very different purpose built boats that only look somewhat similar.

As for the conditions that terrible night, judge not until you have been on the big lake on a moonless rainy night. After more than 35 years of boating on Winni I can tell you it can be absolutely frightening to say the least. In fact after the Diamond Island accident I spent nearly a thousand dollars on a marine GPS system. So Mr. Breakwater, I have been out there in those conditions, have you??

Last edited by Bentley Boy; 03-30-2011 at 04:14 PM.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:10 PM   #44
DC Pointer

I don't wish to get involved in this pissing match, but I would like to say I bought a 310SS from LL a few years back and have nothing but great things to say about Formula and LL. I think Formula is one of the finest manufacturers in the industry and LL is one of the finest marina's in the state. They store my boat, service my boat, answer all my dumb questions with class and ALWAYS treat me well. Everytime I see or talk to someone from LL I always walk away saying to myself 'these folks are great.' I am glad they can continue to service and store my boat as EVERYONE I have ever run into there is extremely professional and goes the extra mile. I trust them totally and I would buy another boat from them in a heartbeat.
The Following User Says Thank You to DC Pointer For This Useful Post:
Grey Goose (07-05-2012)
Old 03-30-2011, 01:44 PM   #45
codeman671

Quote:
You, Mr. Breakwater, have the credibility problem. You clearly do not even have a basic understanding of the different models that Formula builds. Among those models are bow riders, cruisers, yachts and the SS lines. The "go fast" Formulas are known as FasTechs which are narrow beam boats with racing style seats, equipment and the like. FaTechs are built for optimum speed and performance and have competed well in off shore American Power Boat Association (APBA) sanctioned events.

The SS line are true "day boats" as they are an open cockpit wide beam design for the comfort and entertainment for more than five people. The 370 version is a wide beam at 10'6", not what would be considered a desirable racing specification. I have owned both Formula FasTechs and SSs and, believe me, there is no comparison between the two especially in performance. They are very different purpose built boats that only look somewhat similar.

As for the conditions that terrible night, judge not until you have been on the big lake on a moonless rainy night. After more than 35 years of boating on Winni I can tell you it can be absolutely frightening to say the least. In fact after the Diamond Island accident I spent nearly a thousand dollars on a marine GPS system. So Mr. Breakwater, I have been out there in those conditions, have you??
I have to agree somewhat with Bently. The 370SS is not a "go fast" boat, it is a day cruiser that runs in the 50's. My pontoon is good for 54, does that make my boat a go-fast?

We all know what caused the accident. Thats where my opinion differs. I was on the lake that night and made a run from Wolfeboro to Gilford. I didnt hit anything and was traveling faster than the 370SS was... The boat was electronically equipped to handle being out there. I think MP determined long ago that the boat was not traveling at excessive speeds (by saying that I mean really flying). Excessive is in the eye of the beholder. Traveling at 20-30mph in those conditions is not unreasonable, if you are paying attention, not drinking, and are using electronics for overall navigation.
The Following User Says Thank You to codeman671 For This Useful Post:
Bentley Boy (03-30-2011)
Old 03-30-2011, 03:45 PM   #46
Bentley Boy

Codeman671, thanks. All very good and well informed points.

I noted that you were out on the lake that night but were you out there at 2:30am when this accident occurred?? At that time the conditions were at their worst i.e. rain, heavy fog and no moon. I have been told that the cloud cover and heavy fog severely interfered with GPS reception that morning. A little known fact is that the operator of the 370SS was very familiar with that area of the lake as her family owned summer property on Sleepers Island since she was a small child. She had made the trip between Lakeport and Sleepers many times but apparently got disorientated that morning. The 370SS was a brand new boat that had not been in the water for 36 hours before it was demolished. It is my opinion that navigation equipment is a necessity at night and, believe it or not, sometimes during the day. That very expensive 370SS was regretfully not so equipped. Truly a day boat.

Last edited by Bentley Boy; 03-30-2011 at 06:35 PM.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:07 PM   #47
jrc

Let's not pretend here, the Formula brand is a performance brand. Very few of theirs are racing boats, but they are selling performance or at least the appearance of it . Their bow riders, dayboats, and cruisers all have bigger engines then similar models from Searay or other brands. There is nothing wrong with that as a business model. Very few Ford Mustangs actually race but a lot of them look like race cars.

I think they are overpriced and have suceeded in spite of this because of their racy styling and great financing. It should be interesting to watch their progress in an era of tight money and speed limits.

So if I decide to slurge on 41' Performance Cruiser, which side of the bay do I visit?

Finally short of a hurricane or tsunami, I ain't buying weather causing the Diamond Island crash. Simple rule, I you can't see, slow down.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:58 PM   #48
codeman671

Quote:
Codeman671, thanks. All very good and well informed points.

I noted that you were out on the lake that night but were you out there at 2:30am when this accident occurred?? At that time the conditions were at their worst i.e. rain, heavy fog and no moon. I have been told that the cloud cover and heavy fog severely interfered with GPS reception that morning. A little known fact is that the operator of the 370SS was very familiar with that area of the lake as her family owned summer property on Sleepers Island since she was a small child. She had made the trip between Lakeport and Sleepers many times but apparently got disorientated that morning. The 370SS was a brand new boat that had not been in the water for 36 hours before it was demolished. It is my opinion that navigation equipment is a necessity at night and, believe it or not, sometimes during the day. That very expensive 370SS was regretfully not so equipped. Truly a day boat.
I was out in the 11pm range, it was nasty enough then. I seem to recall seeing a photo of the dash of the boat on the site in the past. Are you sure it did not have electronics? I would be highly surprised if there was no chartplotter on the boat.

You sound like you are tied to this somehow...
Old 03-31-2011, 01:09 AM   #49
Bentley Boy

Codeman671; No, I repeat, no electronics were installed on that 370SS. I saw that boat before its launch.

jrc; You really need to check your facts. As in automobiles, you get the power you are willing to pay for no matter what the brand. It is not at all uncommon to find standard small block Chevy/Mercruiser engines in SS, Bowrider and some Cruiser Formulas. Power in these boats is determined by the size and weight of the boat, not merely speed. Despite what you may think, performance in high quality boats is also measured as a boat's handling and ride in heavy water conditions. For example, semi V bottom boats are much less expensive to design and build than true deep V bottom boats which results in much improved overall performance. Although Sea Rays, Four Winds and the like are good boats, never compare them to very high quality boats that perform like Cobalt, Tiara and Formula. To anyone who really knows boats they know these boat manufacturers are in a different league in all respects. Why do you think PBM wanted Formula quality??

Boat, RV, etc. factory financing has been gone for several years as the big banks are currently unwilling to offer special financing packages. Tried to borrow any large amounts of money lately??

As for your 41 foot cruiser, sorry Formula only builds a 40 footer with a base price of $621k. As long as it is a Formula, you should buy it from the dealer with the best price and service.

Finally, if you can't see then you should have purchased electronics on your 41 foot cruiser.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:39 AM   #50
SigSauer

Default Nothing good happens after 11:00pm

She....and we all know who "she" is, had no reason to be on the lake at 2:30am.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:30 AM   #51
codeman671

Quote:
Codeman671; No, I repeat, no electronics were installed on that 370SS. I saw that boat before its launch.

Finally, if you can't see then you should have purchased electronics on your 41 foot cruiser.
Well, if no electronics were on the boat and if someone could not see they should not have been out in the first place...

So tell us, what is your true tie/agenda to this? Family? Marina employee? Something smells fishy here.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:58 AM   #52
jrc

Bentley, since you seem to be a Formula salesman, I'm not going to argue with you. I did a lot of research in 2007 on mid size cruisers before buying mine. It was the best combination of value and styling for me.

My boat has marine GPS, so the risk of running into an island is reduced. If it's raining is so hard I can't see the lights of other boats, GPS is no help so I slow down. If I had radar, I could go a little faster, but then again how good does radar work in heavy rain. Operating a vehicle requires good sense, you need to know the limits of your vision and the limits of your tools in the existing conditions. If you have doubts in either you slow down.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:24 AM   #53
Bentley Boy

Codeman671; No agenda at all other that I know the parties involved and feel that there has been way too much speculation on the truth. For example, I have read repeatedly in this forum all kinds of statements made by people who really know nothing about the events of that night, the boat involved or the PBM dealership deal but still offer ill conceived opinion that sadly over time becomes facts in other people's minds. Is that what a forum like this is supposed to be?? A place for unfounded rumor to flourish into what becomes juicy Desperate House Wives like fantasy. I think not, and that is clearly unfair to those closest to this tragedy.

For those of us that have had the unfortunate experience of the print media writing about something that has been going on in our lives, you know they are rarely accurate or leave out important points. The local rag i.e. The Laconia Citizen has not reported this story accurately or fairly. Bea Lewis can't seem to get her facts straight and tends to offer her opinion or speculation rather than being a credible news reporter. Credible reporters do not make news - they report it factually. It is becoming easy to understand why the Citizen is losing readers to the Laconia Sun and it is not just cost.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:50 AM   #54
Rusty

Quote:
Codeman671; No agenda at all other that I know the parties involved and feel that there has been way too much speculation on the truth. For example, I have read repeatedly in this forum all kinds of statements made by people who really know nothing about the events of that night, the boat involved or the PBM dealership deal but still offer ill conceived opinion that sadly over time becomes facts in other peoples's minds. Is that what a forum like this is supposed to be?? A place for unfounded rumor to flourish into what becomes juicy Desperate House Wives like fantasy. I think not, and that is clearly unfair to those closest to this tragedy.

For those of us that have had the unfortunate experience of the print media writing about something that has been going on in our lives, you know they are rarely accurate or leave out important points. The local rag i.e. The Laconia Citizen has not reported this story accurately or fairly. Bea Lewis can't seem to get her facts straight and tends to offer her opinion or speculation rather than being a credible news reporter. Credible reporters do not make news - they report it factually. It is becoming easy to understand why the Citizen is losing readers to the Laconia Sun and it is not just cost.
Bentley Boy,

Thank you for being the only one who knows all the facts about the "PBM dealership deal" and the "events of that night".
I will no longer believe anything that any forum or newspaper says about them.
I am going to miss not being able to draw my own conclusions from what I read or hear.

Rusty
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rusty For This Useful Post:
ApS (05-17-2011), Skip (03-31-2011)
Old 03-31-2011, 12:35 PM   #55
Bentley Boy

Rusty, you are indeed a wise man.

All kidding aside, despite your sarcasm I do know what I have been talking about. I am what is known as an insider but not a relative or empolyee. As a business professional, I deal only in verifiable facts, not conjecture unlike some of you.

Reviewing some of your earlier posts it seems you still do not have a shred of evidence as to how the PBM deal got done, do you?? A tip, re-read my earlier posts.

All the best.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:13 PM   #56
Rusty

Quote:
Rusty, you are indeed a wise man.

All kidding aside, despite your sarcasm I do know what I have been talking about. I am what is known as an insider but not a relative or empolyee. As a business professional, I deal only in verifiable facts, not conjecture unlike some of you.

Reviewing some of your earlier posts it seems you still do not have a shred of evidence as to how the PBM deal got done, do you?? A tip, re-read my earlier posts.

All the best.
Thank you Bentley Boy,

I have two questions for you that will help me understand how much you know about the "PBM dealership deal" and the "events of that night".

1. Were you at the top level meeting at Formula when the decision was made about the "PBM dealership deal"?
2. Were you on the boat at the "events of that night"?

Yes or no answers are fine with me.

Rusty
Old 03-31-2011, 01:36 PM   #57
Bentley Boy

Rusty; Regarding #1: No, and neither were you. The PBM decision was a friendly agreement, believe it or not, reached after many meetings between Formula and LLM higher management. It had everything to do with financial position differences of opinion. If this were not so LLM would not still be a Formula boat. How you love drama.

Regarding #2: Also no thankfully but, then again, you were not there either, were you?? I do know however what the weather service and Marine Patrol told us the conditions were that morning. Do you choose to ignore those sources as wello??
Old 03-31-2011, 01:39 PM   #58
codeman671

Quote:

I am what is known as an insider but not a relative or empolyee. As a business professional, I deal only in verifiable facts, not conjecture unlike some of you.

All the best.
I didnt want to see this get off track but you are leaving yourself wide open for criticism. So you mean to tell us that this whole thing was completely not her fault? Blame it all on the weather? And I assume you mean she had not been drinking?

It sounds to me that you have more "facts" than the newspapers, Marine Patrol, and the Judicial system.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:42 PM   #59
Rusty

Quote:
Rusty; Regarding #1: No, and neither were you. The PBM decision was an friendly agreement reached after many meetings between Formula and LLM higher management. If this were not so LLM would not still be a Formula boat. How you love drama.

Regarding #2: Also no thankfully but, then again, you were not there either, were you?? I do know however what the weather people and Marine Patrol told us the conditions were that morning. Do you choose to ignore those sources as wello??
Thank you again Bentley Boy,

Seeing that your answers are "NO" then I quess I have no choice but to continue reading the newspapers and comments from this forum to help me understand both of these events.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:42 PM   #60
Bentley Boy

Codeman671; I never said she was solely without blame. She should have not been out on the lake at that hour but the weather did change quickly for the worst on the trip from Pendleton Beach to Sleepers Island. FYI she is an extremely competent and experienced boat handler who got herself into a situation she should not have been in.

At her trial, there was testimony that she and her friends had a late dinner and drinks at the Wolfe Trap. The evidence presented at the trial failed to prove that she was intoxicated there or at the accident scene. If that had been proven she could have been sentenced from 7 to 15 years of jail time. She was acquitted as you will recall.

As for you Rusty, I think you are unable to grasp reality or admit being wrong. I have nothing more for people like you.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:45 PM   #61
Bentley Boy

Codeman671; I never said she was solely without blame. She should have not been out on the lake at that hour but the weather did change quickly for the worst on the trip from Pendleton Beach to Sleepers Island. FYI she is an extremely competent and experienced boat handler who got herself into a situation she should not have been in.

At her trial, there was testimony that she and her friends had a late dinner and drinks at the Wolfe Trap. The evidence presented at the trial failed to prove that she was intoxicated there or at the accident scene. If that had been proven she could have been sentenced from 7 to 15 years of jail time. She was acquitted as you will recall.

As for you Rusty, I think you are unable to grasp reality or admit being wrong. I have nothing more for people like you.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:21 PM   #62
Breakwater

Default Bentley's Credability-

Bentley, I want to extend my apologies to you regarding my post of a couple days ago. I agree with your characterization of the 370 SS as a day boat. It was the final line where you stated "the unexpected conditions that night were impossible without radar or GPS. Speed had nothing to do with it", that lead to my questioning the motive behind your post.

Speed, alcohol, and Ms. Blizzard's ego had everthing to do with that accident. And weather to a lesser extent.

Since that accident has been discussed plenty on this forum...I'll leave it at that.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:44 PM   #63
Bentley Boy

Breakwater; Thank you for your humble retraction but please remember Ms. Blizzard's ego was not on trial. Lick your wounds. To quote you " I'll leave it at that".
Old 04-01-2011, 06:51 AM   #64
NoRegrets

Now everyone's ideas have been challenged and there were no fatal blows I do believe it is time for a Beer Summit!

All the ponds in Framingham Ma. are ice free so the event is moving north!
Old 04-01-2011, 09:21 AM   #65
fatlazyless

Paugus Bay Marina also has a retail store-showroom on Route 3 in Meredith across from the Tile-Carpet Shack and they now have a new large sign there for Formula Boats. Hopefully, there'll be some big big money Formula's to be seen from the road. At two hundred thousand dollars/boat or something like that, it could be a good place to go kick the tires and spin the prop for a look-see into Formula Boats after hitting the dollar menu at the nearby Mickey D's.

Just picture yourself seated in the driver's seat, behind all those guages and dual controls, while chomping down a double cheeseburger & fries....courtesy of your local Formula dealer!
Old 04-01-2011, 09:45 AM   #66
codeman671

Quote:
Looking back through some old posts about the accident I noticed a now removed link to the boat for sale on the Lakeport site. After that was a post by Dave R stating that the gps looked like a nice one, a Raymarine C-80. I seem to recall that listing as well showing one, do you have any proof that there were no electronics on the boat other than your statement that you saw it without, such as a picture or a link to a testimony stating so? The boat clearly did not have radar, we do not that to be fact.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:13 AM   #67
ishoot308

Thanked 4,904 Times in 1,897 Posts

Just an fyi... Somewhere I remember Lt Dunleavy being quoted in one of the newspapers as saying there was no GPS on board the boat at the time of the accident... I do not remember which newspaper however.

Dan
Old 04-01-2011, 10:47 AM   #68
Bentley Boy

Codeman671; I am really not sure what you are asking but please remember that the 370SS has been a quite popular boat and LLM could have had several in inventory at any given time. Some of these boats may have been ordered for stock or customer ordered boats. The SS line has become the biggest seller of all the Formula models. Black, as this 370SS was, has been a popular color on all Formula models. At well over $450k for a basic 370SS, factory installed Raymarine GPS costs at least $5,000. more which many customers are not interested in at that price. BTW, this 370SS was ordered for Ms. Blizzard's personal use. Hope that helps.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:44 PM   #69
codeman671

The exact boat had been listed for sale on their site. Do a search for the original accident thread. On the first page you will see where someone linked to the exact boat for sale, and a few after the mention of the gps. Lakeport was not "swimming" in new 370SS inventory at that time. Maybe it had one, maybe it didnt. Just trying to dig out the facts...

I think you are more than someone with the inside scoop...
Old 04-01-2011, 01:55 PM   #70
Bentley Boy

Codeman671; First, let us get something straight. I am, as I have said all along, an insider. I guess I would like to know why you outsiders are so intent on "Just trying to dig out the facts". It seems that digging out the facts was the job of law enforcement and the courts but perhaps you choose not believe them either. What is your agenda?? Who are you trying to hurt?? Why do you continue to speculate when the boring and obvious truth is starring you in the face??

If you read ishoot308's most recent post he correctly referenced Lt. Dunleavy's quote and testimony that there was no GPS on that boat. So are you now calling both the Lieutenant and me liars?? Oh, I almost forgot!! The following is The Laconia Citizen's account of the court proceedings on Thursday, March 11, 2010: "Testimony shows the boat was equipped with a magnetic compass, a depth finder but not a global position system (GPS.) Marine Patrol Sgt. Dave Ouellette testified that among the items found during an inventory of the ruined boat was a full and still-sealed half gallon of Absolute vodka and a small bottle of Absolute pear-flavored vodka from which approximately two ounces were missing." ..... It really is so neat being an insider!! Read and weep you outsiders who apparently do not even read or believe their local rag. So I guess we can also add the Citizen to the liars list as well. Now we can all agree that the real truth resides only within this astute forum.

BTW, as big of a Formula dealer that LLM has been I don't believe I suggested they were "swimming" in any Formula model. Oh, the liberties you take!! I did say that LLM could have had "several" 370SSs in inventory at any given time which is true. Do you have any idea how many 370SSs LLM has sold in N.H. and other New England states that comprise their protected territory?? Plenty is the answer. Plenty. Now we will see if our friends at PBM can match that sales and service record. Any of your baseless speculation on this??

Last edited by Bentley Boy; 04-01-2011 at 04:06 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:20 PM   #71
jrc

BB, after all this time I'm surprised that your co-workers/friends or relatives don't stop you from bringing up this topic again. It can't do them any good.

But since you seem to a stickler for facts, you stated "She was acquitted as you will recall"

DEAD WRONG, she was found guilty of the only charge decided. The other two charges were deadlocked, no decision was made. She was acquitted of nothing. She is guilty of negligent homicide. A person died because she was negligent, not because it was raining, and not because boat didn't have GPS or radar.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jrc For This Useful Post:
ApS (04-03-2011), christo1 (04-03-2011), Rusty (04-02-2011), Skip (04-02-2011), Sue Doe-Nym (04-02-2011), VitaBene (04-04-2011)
Old 04-02-2011, 08:27 AM   #72
codeman671

Quote:
So are you now calling both the Lieutenant and me liars??
I think I struck a nerve on that one...All I asked for was some sort of proof that their was no gps and that the boat that was listed on the site at one time was not the boat in question. I just wanted clarification because there are other pieces of data available such as the post that I saw which sounded like there may have been one. Unlike you I have better things to do with my time that to dig up every past article from the papers in an attempt to discredit them. At the end of the day does it really matter if it had one or not? If it did she was a moron for not using it. If it didnt then she wasnt as good of a boater as you claim. The island didnt jump in her way.

I could care less how many 370SS they have sold, it just means they can afford a better lawyer...

Stop hiding behind your screen name and your self-proclaimed "insider" title. What is your affiliation? Plain and simple... I'll tell you mine, I have no affiliation to anyone involved.

Call it what you will. She did it. She drank, she drove, she killed because of her actions. It was her fault, spin it how you like. I suppose it was her friends fault for getting in the boat?

BTW, I never called Lt. Dunleavy a liar..
Old 04-02-2011, 08:38 AM   #73
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Unhappy looking for off button

Need to drop it and get back on topic. PBM is now a Formula Dealer, Lakeport can still sell. It doesn't really matter who, what, why, the change.

Take it to PM's or even better, meet at Patricks, have a drink or two, shake hands, and wish each other well. Life is waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy too short guys!
jrc (04-02-2011), Waterbaby (04-07-2011)
Old 04-03-2011, 09:18 AM   #74
robmac

I must agree with upthesaukee,it has been hashed & rehashed time to just leave it be. Wish PBM success with the new line.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:40 AM   #75
codeman671

Agreed on my part.

I have never owned a Formula and dont want one, but wish them good luck.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:44 PM   #76
chillininnh

450K for a boat with NO substantial electronics package???? What a rip-off lol.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:21 PM   #77
VitaBene

Thanked 1,599 Times in 820 Posts
Default PBM building on Rt 3

The PBM annex building near the Fitness Edge and Country Store is looking good! They have a sign saying new Formulas arriving soon.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:07 AM   #78
MaidenCove07

Default Facts is facts

Quote:
Codeman671; No agenda at all other that I know the parties involved and feel that there has been way too much speculation on the truth. For example, I have read repeatedly in this forum all kinds of statements made by people who really know nothing about the events of that night, the boat involved or the PBM dealership deal but still offer ill conceived opinion that sadly over time becomes facts in other people's minds. Is that what a forum like this is supposed to be?? A place for unfounded rumor to flourish into what becomes juicy Desperate House Wives like fantasy. I think not, and that is clearly unfair to those closest to this tragedy.
OK - in the real world, speculation becomes reality, whether you like it or not.

The Blizzard family and employees, fairly or not, were punished by society for the acts of one of their members. Hide behind the "official"outcome all you like - the woman got drunk, killed her friend, got a slap on the wrist, then went back to work like nothing happened.

Retail customers worth their salt like myself said "screw it, if the courts won't punish her in the way she deserves, I will." I took my business elsewhere, encouraged others to do the same and corresponded with vendors encouraging them to follow suit.

Formula may never admit it, but that kind of passioned feedback from the public had to have some impact on this decision.

Good luck to Paugus Bay Marina on the new deal. Mind your Ps & Qs and you'll have great success.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MaidenCove07 For This Useful Post:
NHBUOY (04-16-2011), Skip (04-16-2011), Sue Doe-Nym (04-16-2011)
Old 04-16-2011, 12:22 PM   #79
sa meredith

Default Really

Quote:

While I certainly cannot dispute what you are saying, as I have no proof, your comments here make little on no sense. I've been in the new auto business for 23 years, and assuming things in boating work in a similar fashion with regard to factory and dealers, how can what you say be possible?
If you are correct, am I to understand that:
A customer can go over to PBM, take several hours of Cory's time. Get all the info they want with regard to price an product. Test drive a boat and look at boats that PBM is floor planning, and therefore servicing the note. And then...hope across the puddle to Lakeport and place their order after PBM has done all the work and handled the finacial burden of educating the customer? PBM has no protection? Sorry...no buying it. Unless PBM gets a piece of the action, regarless of which place places the order. I can't see it working any other way, if what you have stated is true.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:24 PM   #80
SigSauer

Default Wouldn't happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa meredith View Post
While I certainly cannot dispute what you are saying, as I have no proof, your comments here make little on no sense. I've been in the new auto business for 23 years, and assuming things in boating work in a similar fashion with regard to factory and dealers, how can what you say be possible?
If you are correct, am I to understand that:
A customer can go over to PBM, take several hours of Cory's time. Get all the info they want with regard to price an product. Test drive a boat and look at boats that PBM is floor planning, and therefore servicing the note. And then...hope across the puddle to Lakeport and place their order after PBM has done all the work and handled the finacial burden of educating the customer? PBM has no protection? Sorry...no buying it. Unless PBM gets a piece of the action, regarless of which place places the order. I can't see it working any other way, if what you have stated is true.
LL was so over priced on Formula's to begin with, nobody is going to negotiate with PBM and get a better deal at LL. Look at PBM's current listing for a 2011 270BR at $89,900. That same style boat at LL last year was priced over $100k.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:29 PM   #81
Yankee

Quote:
LL was so over priced on Formula's to begin with, nobody is going to negotiate with PBM and get a better deal at LL. Look at PBM's current listing for a 2011 270BR at $89,900. That same style boat at LL last year was priced over $100k.
Just to be fair, here's the Formula retail price(s) for a 2011 270BR:

http://www.formulaboats.com/bowrider...spx?id=1304227

Notice all the different options available. IMO, feeble attempts to campare boat prices without even acknowleging engine and accessory options is foolhearted.

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of Obamunism should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest the Republic become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."

. . .Evidently nothing.

(Cicero, 55 BC augmented by me, 2010 AD)
Old 04-17-2011, 07:28 PM   #82
SigSauer

Default Feeble.....is that a word the wiggles use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
Just to be fair, here's the Formula retail price(s) for a 2011 270BR:

http://www.formulaboats.com/bowrider...spx?id=1304227

Notice all the different options available. IMO, feeble attempts to campare boat prices without even acknowleging engine and accessory options is foolhearted.
Yankee, in your expert opinion, would you agree that a boat with "zero" appointments (which is not the case) offered at $89k is a good start compared to the retail base price for a 270BR with a 350mag at $119k?

Feeble......give me a break.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:37 PM   #83
codeman671

Quote:
Yankee, in your expert opinion, would you agree that a boat with "zero" appointments (which is not the case) offered at $89k is a good start compared to the retail base price for a 270BR with a 350mag at $119k?

Feeble......give me a break.
When was the last time you saw any dealer asking full retail for a boat? I can't say that I ever have...
Old 05-11-2011, 08:58 AM   #84
911 Carrera

Default Lakeport Landing

Just a tip. Watch the Lakeport Landing Marina website and street signage. There is a huge announcement coming in the next few weeks that changes everything!! After reading this thread it should silence you doubters. Cheers!!
Old 05-11-2011, 10:58 AM   #85
sa meredith

Default Love it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911 Carrera View Post
Just a tip. Watch the Lakeport Landing Marina website and street signage. There is a huge announcement coming in the next few weeks that changes everything!! After reading this thread it should silence you doubters. Cheers!!
Gotta love these...really...my favorite posts on Winni.com.
Here we have a first time poster...TELLING US NOTHING!
He has a secret (isn't that special) but...he won't disclose it. So his post tells us??????????????? NOTHING.
He logged in, made a member ID, to say he has info, but won't disclose it.
Just don't get it.....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sa meredith For This Useful Post:
brk-lnt (05-11-2011), Rusty (05-11-2011)
Old 05-11-2011, 12:25 PM   #86
sunsationdave

Default new hotel

Hope they sold the business .
I think Donald Trump bought it and he will build a trump tower with docks thats why he is in NH again.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:46 PM   #87
jetskier

Thumbs down Really?

I am going to right down and get in line...don't want to be last in line when the news breaks.

If you have news...fine. Teasers are amateurish...you are just going to get backlash.

Jetskier
Old 05-11-2011, 01:23 PM   #88
jrc

My guess is they landed a new line, maybe Fountain/Donzi/Baja.

Or maybe someone like Cruisers Yachts or Tiara, both could compete with the Formula cruiser line.

I hope it's not some boutique performance vendor.

Or they could go totally the other way with Silverton, a Carver competitor, not represented on the lake.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:01 PM   #89
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa meredith View Post
Gotta love these...really...my favorite posts on Winni.com.
Here we have a first time poster...TELLING US NOTHING!
He has a secret (isn't that special) but...he won't disclose it. So his post tells us??????????????? NOTHING.
He logged in, made a member ID, to say he has info, but won't disclose it.
Just don't get it.....
Or maybe Bentley Boy chose to drive a different car today...

I think a website update may be in order...

"We are proud to be the exclusive Formula boat dealer in the Lake Region of New Hampshire."

Really?
Old 05-13-2011, 08:19 AM   #90
SigSauer

Default What could be so earth shattering?

- Maybe Lake-port Landing will build a nice restaurant on the water where Burger King is?
- Or perhaps they bought Surf Coaster and will reopen this summer?
- Maybe they are leveraging all their assets tied up in real estate and floor models to sponsor a revitalization of the Weirs Beach area?

This would be a big surprise. News that they are carrying a new line of boats, in an economy where people can't afford to gas them up, does nothing for me.

I could careless if they close the marina.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:24 AM   #91
Winniboater81

Its prob good that they lost formula as i believe formula sells factory direct (last hope before going belly up, and hanging your dealer network out to dry). Maybe they will pick up a pontoon line, or another sport boat line. Either way maybe tough with Irwin Marina right next door selling Sea Ray and Those new Berkshire pontoon boats. Best of luck to whatever they do as they are great people over at LL.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:56 PM   #92
VtSteve

http://www.lakeportlanding.com/default.asp

Took me all day
Old 05-14-2011, 09:15 PM   #93
trfour

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by VtSteve View Post
No wake my friend, the slow are more blessed, I have been told!

T__________________

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
Old 05-15-2011, 04:46 PM   #94
JAY336

lake port owns the train bridge. They paid to have it put in years a go so the could sell the bigger PC boats. What if they only open and close it for there costmers? As far as the rail road is consurend they would just asum have it down all the time.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:59 PM   #95
NoBozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY336 View Post
lake port owns the train bridge. They paid to have it put in years a go so the could sell the bigger PC boats. What if they only open and close it for there costmers? As far as the rail road is consurend they would just asum have it down all the time.
POST #1: Welcome aboard New Guy: OMG......................What is THIS about ..? NB
Old 05-15-2011, 05:05 PM   #96
Rattlesnake Guy

Who else wants to go to that 3 acres of the lake?
Attached Images

Old 05-16-2011, 02:06 PM   #97
Bentley Boy

Default The bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY336 View Post
JAY336: Have you lost it or are you yet another on this thread that speculates on what they think they know??

Fact: LLM does not own the train bridge. After getting the necessary permits from the state, LLM paid for the engineering, equipment, etc. to make the existing fixed track into an opening bridge.

Fact: The railroad, rightly so, controls the opening and closing of that bridge according to its own needs. During the boating months the bridge is always open until the railroad closes it occasionally for various reasons. LLM maintains at its own expense the bridge's equipment and operating systems.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bentley Boy For This Useful Post:
911 Carrera (05-16-2011), meredith weekender (05-16-2011)
Old 05-16-2011, 04:05 PM   #98
meredith weekender

Quote:
JAY336: Have you lost it or are you yet another on this thread that speculates on what they think they know??

Fact: LLM does not own the train bridge. After getting the necessary permits from the state, LLM paid for the engineering, equipment, etc. to make the existing fixed track into an opening bridge.

Fact: The railroad, rightly so, controls the opening and closing of that bridge according to its own needs. During the boating months the bridge is always open until the railroad closes it occasionally for various reasons. LLM maintains at its own expense the bridge's equipment and operating systems.
Thank you Bentley Boy for clearing this up. The statement that LLM owned the bridge seemed to be a little bit far fetched. Most people know that the state controls the right of ways for RR and NO individual can own or control parts of the RR for their own personal gain. The gain is for the public interest.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:50 PM   #99
911 Carrera

Default LLM and it's bridge (???)

Admittedly I am new to this forum but I have vacationed on the waters of Winnipesaukee for many years and am quite familiar with many of the local marina's operations and their operators. After reading this thread for the first time I could not believe how much misinformation and conjecture there has been regarding the Formula boat line, PBM and LLM. Frankly some of the posts here are incredible in their inaccuracy and certainly not fair especially to both Formula and LLM. Ms. Blizzard was not the problem she has been made out to be. The economy is the real villian as it has been throughout the entire marine, RV, etc. recreational industries. Realize that very few marinas on Winni maintain the dealer status they had five years ago with manufacturers.

Now the Lakeport railroad bridge is being used as a tool against LLM. Let the record show it took LLM years to get permits from the state to do a project that cost LLM hundreds of thousands of dollars. That project opened up an area of the lake that had been previously inaccessible to some larger boats. Certainly PBM benefited without any expense to them.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:06 PM   #100
NHBUOY

...was PBM even in biz when the RR thing came to pass..?...and what IS the implication you're making..?..PBM will now be held hostage by LLM..?...spit it out men...lol...or obfuscate...I don't care..it's all bologna here...