Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Lake Issues > Boating Issues
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2013, 07:08 PM   #1
OCDACTIVE

Default 2013 Leadership changes for Safe Boaters of New Hampshire

*** For Immediate Realease ***

Safe Boaters of New Hampshire is gearing up for the 2013 boating season with a new team in place to lead New Hampshire’s grassroots boating organization into the future.

Robert Flannery, a resident of Alton, who has served in the past as a spokesman for SBONH and most recently as the Vice President, has agreed to lead the organization as President, taking over from John Harrington who is stepping aside after two years at the helm of SBONH. Harrington has done yeoman’s work during his tenure, assisting the Marine Trades Association with initiatives and supporting new legislation that, if approved, would return money for boat registrations in New Hampshire back into the Navigation and Safety Fund ending the current tax on boaters and restoring the boating user’s fee to support safe boating activities in our state.

Harrington has agreed to remain an influential voice in Safe Boaters of New Hampshire and will become the board’s Secretary.
A founding member and behind the scenes helmsmen of Safe Boaters of New Hampshire, Chris Hazel has agreed to become Vice President. Jason Pridham continues in his critical role as Treasurer.
Scott Verdonck continues to be the spokesman for our organization along with the continuing in his role as Legislative Director.

We look forward to working with the various boating organizations in New Hampshire to help keep our state the safe and beautiful destination for boaters everywhere.

BroadHopper (03-11-2013), NHBUOY (03-10-2013), Pineedles (03-10-2013), RLW (03-09-2013), ronc4424 (03-10-2013), tis (03-10-2013), trfour (03-10-2013), VitaBene (03-15-2013), Wolfeboro_Baja (03-19-2013)
Old 03-13-2013, 01:28 PM   #2
fatlazyless

Default .....107-mph top-speed on the broads, gps verified!

....and let's get real here......what their real name should be is the Speedy Boater's of NH ..... becuz that's what it is all about......losing the 45-mph speed limit and replacing it with no-speed limit! ..

The Speedy Boater's of New Hampshire!
Old 03-13-2013, 01:57 PM   #3
OCDACTIVE

Perhaps you sir are the one who may want to get "real" here.

the SL debate has been over for well over a year, however SBONH is still active working with many different safety organizations including the Marine Patrol. We have been successful in passing numerous bills into law and been participants in many lakes region and NH Marine associations. Some of which are:

Unitied States Power Squadron
Wolfeboro Anitque Boat Museum
Governors Public Water Access and Adviosory Board

We have worked with:

The Coast Guard Aux and The Marine Trades Association as well as a variety of other boating clubs in NH.

Most recently we have been trying to work with the legislature to return the boating registration fees to the specified navigational and safety fund rather than being raided every time the state runs a deficit.

These are just some of the efforts our group has made and continue to do so. We are not a one hit wonder like many other groups we have seen come and go.

So please take your uneducated opinions elsewhere and "get real". "speedy boaters of NH" - hope you didn't stay up too late thinking of that one.

Oh P.S. only 3 boats in our group I know of can even exceed 45 mph. But why let facts get in the way of trying to stir the pot.
BroadHopper (03-15-2013), chipj29 (03-13-2013), Hezman (03-14-2013), Pineedles (03-13-2013), tc_mike (03-15-2013), tis (03-13-2013), trfour (03-13-2013)
Old 03-15-2013, 07:09 AM   #4
VitaBene

Thanked 1,599 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
....and let's get real here......what their real name should be is the Speedy Boater's of NH ..... becuz that's what it is all about......losing the 45-mph speed limit and replacing it with no-speed limit! ..

The Speedy Boater's of New Hampshire!
This from the only person holding a commercial driving license (CDL) that can't get or hold a job.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:58 PM   #5
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,088 Times in 782 Posts
Default Affiliation

So what is you affiliation to the lake FLL, other than spin WinFibs.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:33 PM   #6
Pineedles

Default FLL is short 2

Guys and Gals defending SOBNH,

Pay him no heed. I have met him at a forum event and he appears to be a nice but shy guy. I just think he is lonely, and posts controversial things to stir up conversation. SBONH is bigger than depicted by FLL and he knows it. Scott's reply sums up SBONH's mission well, and any backtalk by rabble rousers is merely sour grapes in so much as they were wrong as to its mission.

SBONH: Making Boating in NH better for boaters!
Old 03-15-2013, 07:49 PM   #7
surfnsnow

back talk? i agree with sbonh on almost everything but denigrating someone because they feel differently and then ,by only what could best be described as shushing, is rude.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:23 AM   #8
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfnsnow View Post
back talk? i agree with sbonh on almost everything but denigrating someone because they feel differently and then ,by only what could best be described as shushing, is rude.
Unfortunately being criticized about expressing your opinion about the "SBONH" is part of their modus operandi.
This is why the webmaster immediately transferred this thread to the "controversial issues" section of the forum.

Forum member "Pineedles" pretty much summed it up about how the leadership of the SBONH feels when he said: "backtalk by rabble rousers is merely sour grapes".

Opinions to them is merely "backtalk".
Old 03-18-2013, 12:50 PM   #9
gtagrip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Unfortunately being criticized about expressing your opinion about the "SBONH" is part of their modus operandi.
This is why the webmaster immediately transferred this thread to the "controversial issues" section of the forum.

Forum member "Pineedles" pretty much summed it up about how the leadership of the SBONH feels when he said: "backtalk by rabble rousers is merely sour grapes".

Opinions to them is merely "backtalk".
Really? No comments of what else SBONH has done, i.e. especially the legislation to keep the money getting pulled from Marine Patrol because of State deficits else where. I would think you would be all for that so MP could do their job and catch all the "cowboys" on the lake!
Old 03-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #10
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtagrip View Post
Really? No comments of what else SBONH has done, i.e. especially the legislation to keep the money getting pulled from Marine Patrol because of State deficits else where. I would think you would be all for that so MP could do their job and catch all the "cowboys" on the lake!
The spokesman for SBONH is leaving NH because boating is too restrictive for him. I don't know what "too restrictive" means but that's what he said.

So if boating is too restrictive now, then why would the SBONH want more Marine Patrols?

I think the MP is doing a great job with the amount of personnel and equipment that they have now. Don't you?

BTW, I hope you don't feel like I'm "talking back" instead of voicing my opinion. That comment about "talking back" is too funny..don't ya think??
Old 03-18-2013, 04:45 PM   #11
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,088 Times in 782 Posts
Default Captain Boneheads

Right now there are to many boneheads out there and we need all the manpower we can get. Winnipesaukee is full of boneheads. I feel safer in a kayake out on Lake Winnisquam than I do on Winnipesaukee. And Winnisquam rarely has MP presence.

Lets say we quit our bickering and get rid of the boneheads. Until that happens I do my watersports on Lake Winnisquam.

Oh BTW, I wonder why Winnisquam Marine is expanding while all the marinas on Winnipesaukee have openings all year long. It looks like all the good guys are leaving and the boneheads are taking over.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:39 PM   #12
VitaBene

Thanked 1,599 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post

I think the MP is doing a great job with the amount of personnel and equipment that they have now. Don't you?
If you meant given the amount... yes, but they are underfunded and understaffed.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VitaBene For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (03-19-2013), OCDACTIVE (03-19-2013), Rusty (03-19-2013)
Old 03-19-2013, 10:27 AM   #13
OCDACTIVE

They are also in desperate need of a new facility that had been slated to be built years ago, however it has been put on the back burner due to budget cuts.

The MP do an incredibile job with the resources they have and the amount of regulations they are charged with enforcing. I also commend them for their safety first attitude on the waters. They first try to educate boaters rather then simply issuing a fine. This goes a long way in creating a positive boating experience in NH.

Unfortunately there are many lakes that have no presence due to cut backs. Lake Winni gets all the focus but it is only one of hundreds of lakes in the state. We need to get the funds received for boating registrations back into a dedicated fund that cannot and will not be raided every time they spend too much in Concord and need to close the gap.

PS: Don't worry Rusty I will still be around in the summers.
BroadHopper (03-19-2013), Rusty (03-19-2013), trfour (03-19-2013)