Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Lake Issues > Boating Issues
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2011, 09:16 AM   #1
Woodsy

Default GEEZ! Just Relax!

The title says it all..... RELAX! In the great grand scheme of things does it really matter all that much? Why get caught up in the petty crap??!

If Capt. Bonehead violates the 150' rule does it matter? Really? As long as there is no collision why get twisted? Whats the big deal if you have to throttle off or change direction to avoid someone else? OMG there are too many people rafting at a sandbar! Does it really matter if someone exceeds the speed limit? I see it on the roadways every day!

Relax... enjoy the lake! Thats why we are here!

Society seems to have gotten to the point where we all dumb down to the lowest common denominator... We respond to bad behavior by a few with restrictive rules and laws for the many. Seems kind of silly to me....

Woodsy
DEJ (07-21-2011), Grandpa Redneck (07-20-2011), ishoot308 (07-20-2011), jarhead0341 (07-20-2011), jmen24 (07-20-2011), OCDACTIVE (07-21-2011), RTTOOL (07-20-2011), Seaplane Pilot (07-20-2011), Two dobys (07-20-2011), VitaBene (07-20-2011)
Old 07-20-2011, 02:49 PM   #2
4Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
The title says it all..... RELAX! In the great grand scheme of things does it really matter all that much? Why get caught up in the petty crap??!

If Capt. Bonehead violates the 150' rule does it matter? Really? As long as there is no collision why get twisted? Whats the big deal if you have to throttle off or change direction to avoid someone else? OMG there are too many people rafting at a sandbar! Does it really matter if someone exceeds the speed limit? I see it on the roadways every day!

Society seems to have gotten to the point where we all dumb down to the lowest common denominator... We respond to bad behavior by a few with restrictive rules and laws for the many. Seems kind of silly to me....

Woodsy
It is funny we make all of these laws to control people that don't even know they exist. People are going to act they way they want to act no matter what. Laws or no laws.
The Following User Says Thank You to 4Fun For This Useful Post:
RTTOOL (07-20-2011)
Old 07-21-2011, 12:21 PM   #3
Gavia immer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post

Woodsy
Cry me a river.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gavia immer For This Useful Post:
Skip (07-21-2011)
Old 07-21-2011, 01:56 PM   #4
gtagrip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavia immer View Post
Cry me a river.
Really!?
Old 07-21-2011, 02:55 PM   #5
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtagrip View Post
Really!?
I was wondering the same thing???? Woodsy is just explaining how important it is to enjoy the lake and not get so wrapped up with the negatives... I don't see him crying a river? Just to be thankful with what god has graced us with.

strange?

And what's up with the "thanks" skip? I don't see any legal commentary you can make here........
BroadHopper (07-21-2011), DEJ (07-21-2011), Joe Kerr (07-22-2011), Skip (07-21-2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2011, 04:02 PM   #6
Skip

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDACTIVE View Post
...And what's up with the "thanks" skip? I don't see any legal commentary you can make here........
Legal commentary?

How 'bout this....

Perhaps you could point out to me where in the forum rules it dictates that I need to explain my use of the thanks button to you Scott, or anyone else for that matter???

By the way, I used the thanks button because I agreed with the post. My God, the way some continue to cry in this forum makes me feel guilty if I don't log in without first breaking out a box of Kleenex!
Old 07-21-2011, 04:14 PM   #7
DEJ

Cry me a river skip, really!
The Following User Says Thank You to DEJ For This Useful Post:
Skip (07-21-2011)
Old 07-21-2011, 04:24 PM   #8
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Legal commentary?

How 'bout this....

Perhaps you could point out to me where in the forum rules it dictates that I need to explain my use of the thanks button to you Scott, or anyone else for that matter???

By the way, I used the thanks button because I agreed with the post. My God, the way some continue to cry in this forum makes me feel guilty if I don't log in without first breaking out a box of Kleenex!
Sorry... Apparently I hit a nerve...

I didn't know I always had to refer to the rules to appease you. Is that a new law? Maybe you can school us on that.

I personally didn't see anyone "crying" or attempting to make people feel "guilty". More so to just ask everyone to enjoy the lake and stop dragging everyone though the negative aspects that make up maybe 2% of all the activities on the lake.

I am not one to judge, but if a box of kleenex helps with your enjoyment then have at it.

Just do us all a favor and make sure not throw them overboard.
DEJ (07-21-2011), Skip (07-21-2011)
Old 07-21-2011, 09:45 PM   #9
VtSteve

Scott, tell Skip what product he needs to effectively clean your shoes