Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Lake Issues > Boating Issues
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2011, 08:12 AM   #101
Gavia immer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn psycho View Post
I was referring to skip......
Skip knows and researches law, but I don't recall that he is presently employed by any law enforcement agency.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gavia immer For This Useful Post:
lawn psycho (02-22-2011)
Old 02-22-2011, 08:30 AM   #102
brk-lnt

An interesting story on the officer/radar vs. GPS discussion:

http://skattertech.com/2011/02/how-m...traffic-court/
Old 02-22-2011, 09:38 AM   #103
lawn psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
Lawn psycho, you make some good points but you went too far. Just like on the rafting thread.

I've had spirited discussions on this board with some of these guys. If you discuss things rationally they will respond in kind. You can learn a lot and make your point. Even if you never agree with someone, it is good to see why they believe what they believe.
I was fine with the back and forth banter until he posted to Rusty about the innocuous nature of a speeding ticket based on subjective criteria and it's OK for people to get a ticket even if they may not have deserved it. Tickets are not as innocuous as you may think so if I were to get one, the officer better damn well have a proper justification. A Ferrari looks fast to me even when parked, so why not just write a speeding ticket and place it under the wiper blade?
Old 02-22-2011, 12:57 PM   #104
jrc

I'm not disputing your side of the discussion. A speeding ticket is no small matter.

All I'm saying is you could have explained your concern with HCG's opinions and had a better chance of making him understand your concerns, it you didn't go to all brotherhood and power trip stuff.

You now have missed that opportunity. He now just thinks you're a hothead.

Just like the rafting zone discussion, lots of really good points and then the blast them with the radio comment, discussion over.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:35 PM   #105
lawn psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
I'm not disputing your side of the discussion. A speeding ticket is no small matter.

All I'm saying is you could have explained your concern with HCG's opinions and had a better chance of making him understand your concerns, it you didn't go to all brotherhood and power trip stuff.

You now have missed that opportunity. He now just thinks you're a hothead.

Just like the rafting zone discussion, lots of really good points and then the blast them with the radio comment, discussion over.
I can rest on the fact that it's design engineers like me who bring these kind of things to market like radar guns (which isn't my area of practice) and then use technology to take it right back from them.

It must really piss off a cop to point a laser gun at a car and his display reads nothing or "Err"
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2011, 02:15 PM   #106
Rusty

Quote:
I can rest on the fact that it's design engineers like me who bring these kind of things to market like radar guns (which isn't my area of practice) and then use technology to take it right back from them.

It must really piss off a cop to point a laser gun at a car and his display reads nothing or "Err"

Design engineers like you??? How in heck can you be a design engineer and be on this forum 24/7??

Thank god I didn't have people like you working for me when I was in the same field that you are in (or at least you say you are in).

It's no wonder that this country is falling behind when it comes to productivity….our design engineers are screwing the company that they work for by being on forums like this all day long!
Old 02-22-2011, 02:31 PM   #107
Gavia immer

Quote:

How much longer can you expect to be on "your" side of Federal law?
Old 02-22-2011, 02:36 PM   #108
lawn psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Design engineers like you??? How in heck can you be a design engineer and be on this forum 24/7??

Thank god I didn't have people like you working for me when I was in the same field that you are in (or at least you say you are in).

It's no wonder that this country is falling behind when it comes to productivity….our design engineers are screwing the company that they work for by being on forums like this all day long!
When we're full gear on a project it's nearly round the clock and I'm in between projects right now. I could only WISH we had slack-off time. Days away from the kick-off of the next project actually. I have enjoyed reading up on the latest radar technology over the last couple days and even finished another book and still had time to read the forum. Imagine that

You can step off the soap box now, I didn't realize that you're my keeper.

Psst, Rusty: I say, I say, BOY, I'm not at work right now

Edit: Odds are you would be working for me.

Last edited by lawn psycho; 02-22-2011 at 02:44 PM. Reason: More eye poking
Old 02-22-2011, 02:39 PM   #109
lawn psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavia immer View Post
How much longer can you expect to be on "your" side of Federal law?
*Cough* lasar jamming vs radar jamming Go re-read above ^^^^^^^ and you'll see my reference was to radar. Lasar jamming is legal under Federal Law. For the record, lasar jamming is not full-proof but the high-end models are pretty darn good.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:14 PM   #110
Rusty

Quote:
When we're full gear on a project it's nearly round the clock and I'm in between projects right now. I could only WISH we had slack-off time. Days away from the kick-off of the next project actually. I have enjoyed reading up on the latest radar technology over the last couple days and even finished another book and still had time to read the forum. Imagine that

OMG are you for real??
Old 02-22-2011, 03:21 PM   #111
lawn psycho

Quote:
OMG are you for real??
Keep it real, Rusty. Hugs and kisses. LOL
Old 02-22-2011, 04:49 PM   #112
Rusty

Quote:

Did your boss know you were helping someone look for whiskey barrels while on their computer?

This is what you said:

"As far as barrels, you can actually order some barrels from JD if you want to pay shipping. I can't check their site right now as I'm on work PC which blocks me from a site that deals with alcohol and anything else or I would provide the link. Been several years since I did it. Good luck."
Old 02-22-2011, 05:49 PM   #113
lawn psycho

Quote:
Did your boss know you were helping someone look for whiskey barrels while on their computer?

This is what you said:

"As far as barrels, you can actually order some barrels from JD if you want to pay shipping. I can't check their site right now as I'm on work PC which blocks me from a site that deals with alcohol and anything else or I would provide the link. Been several years since I did it. Good luck."
Rusty, my boss was one of the 5 individuals who joined in when we bought a barrel of whiskey from JD serveral year ago. I don't think he'd mind Sorry, try again.

Hint: I don't work a "9-5" schedule either because of how I work 1:1 with places that are not all on the same time zones (or continent) if you get my drift. In fact, no one in my group works 9-5.

Edit: Oh yeah, I use my work laptop for almost everything so you're reading to deeply into that post. I can be using my work PC and off the "clock" so to speak. Regardless, I know what my boss would think of someone like you.
Carry on....
Old 02-22-2011, 06:16 PM   #114
Rusty

Quote:
Rusty, my boss was one of the 5 individuals who joined in when we bought a barrel of whiskey from JD serveral year ago. I don't think he'd mind Sorry, try again.

Hint: I don't work a "9-5" schedule either because of how I work 1:1 with places that are not all on the same time zones (or continent) if you get my drift. In fact, no one in my group works 9-5.

Edit: Oh yeah, I use my work laptop for almost everything so you're reading to deeply into that post. I can be using my work PC and off the "clock" so to speak. Regardless, I know what my boss would think of someone like you.Carry on....
I know one thing; he wouldn't call be a Slaker!

Using your "work PC" and off the clock....you have an excuse for everything.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:26 PM   #115
lawn psycho

Quote:
I know one thing; he wouldn't call be a Slaker!

Using your "work PC" and off the clock....you have an excuse for everything.
Being serious, my boss actually forces us to take some time off between projects. We work some crazy schedules and hours. Not uncommon for me to work a "night shift" when project is nearing completion.

Not many people would want my schedule but I like what I do (minus the travel).

EDIT: Just for fun I should show Don my ability to make it appear like I am jumping around the world every time I post via my IP address on my work PC

Last edited by lawn psycho; 02-22-2011 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Another thought
Old 02-22-2011, 06:38 PM   #116
Rusty

Quote:
Being serious, my boss actually forces us to take some time off between projects. We work some crazy schedules and hours. Not uncommon for me to work a "night shift" when project is nearing completion.

Not many people would want my schedule but I like what I do (minus the travel).

EDIT: Just for fun I should show Don my ability to make it appear like I am jumping around the world every time I post via my IP address on my work PC
You even post to this forum while you are in another country? You are addicted to this forum aren't you?

BTW I never said that you didn't work some place or travel. I'm sure you do, I just can't comprehend why you spend so much of your valuable time sitting at a keyboard and buring your head in a screen. Don't you ever do anything with your family?

Sorry I'm getting so nosey......BUT......BUT.....well you know what I mean.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:09 PM   #117
lawn psycho

Quote:
You even post to this forum while you are in another country? You are addicted to this forum aren't you?

BTW I never said that you didn't work some place or travel. I'm sure you do, I just can't comprehend why you spend so much of your valuable time sitting at a keyboard and buring your head in a screen. Don't you ever do anything with your family?

It's winter and I don't do much winter sports other then occasional skate skiing. Spring-Summer-Fall is my time of year.

And sometimes I have "nothing" to do as I'm waiting on the network for simulation runs etc too complete so I jump back and forth between things. It's kind of a coordinated A-D-D if you will. You'd understand if you knew what I was working on. I have the luxury of working from home about 50% of the time.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:34 PM   #118
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,088 Times in 782 Posts
Default Perhaps Garmin is right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk-lnt View Post
An interesting story on the officer/radar vs. GPS discussion:

If one have enough evidence that you were within the limits, you can be found not guilty. I will be searching for similar stories. Next time an officer says his radar is clocking me ay an unreasonable speed. I will save my GPS data.

The Android app, by the way, is real. My daughter, who is a marathon runner uses the same app for her training. It tracks her whereabout on line and other runners compare data. Pretty slick!
Old 02-23-2011, 07:34 AM   #119
chipj29

Quote:

Rusty, between 2:15 and 6:38PM yesterday, you posted 5 times in response to LP.
Don't YOU ever do anything with your family?
Old 02-23-2011, 08:29 AM   #120
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipj29 View Post
Rusty, between 2:15 and 6:38PM yesterday, you posted 5 times in response to LP.
Don't YOU ever do anything with your family?
touche!
Old 02-23-2011, 11:27 AM   #121
webmaster

Thanked 3,691 Times in 819 Posts
Exclamation

From the Forum Guidelines (in the FAQ):

Quote:
Don't post excessive numbers of messages or comments. Posting more than a few messages or comments in a day is excessive and may get you moderated or restricted.
I will impose a 5 post a day limit if a few of you don't slow down.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to webmaster For This Useful Post:
Rusty (02-23-2011), Skip (02-23-2011)
Old 02-24-2011, 11:16 AM   #122
Lakegeezer

Default Google "My Tracks" to the rescue

Here's a story of how someone used their GPS to get out of a ticket that apparently was undeserved.