Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Weather
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2008, 10:53 AM   #1
CanisLupusArctos

Default May Weather Summary

May 2008 at Black Cat Island Weather Station averaged out below normal in both temperatures and precipitation. This was due to a wintertime weather pattern favoring "cold and dry." Curiously, overnight low temperatures managed to average above normal, but weren't enough to pull the rest of the numbers up.

We began the month with a low of 29 degrees on the 1st, which was the lowest temp recorded all month. The max was 77 on the 26th and 27th, a far cry from the mid-80s we saw last May.

Daytime highs averaged 64.0, compared to Concord's normal of 68.9.

Overnight lows averaged 43.5, and normal is 41.4.

Overall the month was 53.5, compared to last May's 55.1 and a normal of 55.2.

Precipitation was incredibly dry at just 0.55 inch. Normal is 3.14. The heaviest daily rainfall was 0.20" on the 4th.

Wind averaged Northwest at 4 mph for the month. The windiest day occurred on the 12th with an average of East at 11 mph and a gust from the SE at 36 mph which was our high wind gust for the month.

For weather types, there were 5 days with fog and 1 day with thunder. Other than high fire danger at the end of the month, it was a very benign weather month.

More data can be found on the weather station's home page at www.blackcatnh.com/weather.
CanisLupusArctos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 01:45 PM   #2
Scott

I'll share some of the data from my station down by the Weirs.

Monthly High Temp: 83.0
Monthly Low Temp: 27.9

The wind is measured along the channel waterfront and so winds from the south and east are always under-reported.

Peak Wind Speed: 29.0mph from the WNW
Peak Gust: 37.0mph from the West

Rain: .69" - this is the first spring I can remember where my lawn greened up and then turned brown and died within the same month. We need more rain.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote