Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-25-2009, 08:39 PM   #1
nkiar

Default O Steak and Seafood

On Sunday night we went to O in Laconia. We had been there once before but my sister and her husband hadn't been there before. It was wonderful! We called ahead to make reservations but they only take them for parties of 5or more. We got there around 6 and were seated w/ no wait. They asked if we'd like to sit in the wine room- a small room w/ 4 tables- and it was very nice although no view of the water. Morgan was our server and she was pleasant and she easily answered our questions about items on the menu. We opted for no appetizers or salads so I can't comment on them but the 4 entrees we selected were amazing. We had seafood risoto(huge portion), steak, chilean sea bass risoto and the pasta special. Desserts were also very good. Great food, atmosphere and of course the company all made for an enjoyable evening. Hope to get back there again this summer and have a drink on the porch. nkiar
nkiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:26 AM   #2
JayR

Default Love O as well

I was wondering if someone would ever post about that place! My wife and I have been there several times now, in fact we were going to go Sunday as well but cancelled at the last minute and went to the Lyons' Den (our other favorite). "O" can be a little pricy but on this side of the lake it has no equal. I have never been disappointed and the wine list is the best I can find when I am up for the weekend (we live in Westwood, MA)

Cheers!
Old 05-26-2009, 10:42 AM   #3
jetskier

Post Variable

We have found Os to be a bit variable. We have had some terrific meals there and some pretty poor ones. Given that they are pricey, we are shying away from them for the time being.

We are now opting for Canoe in Center Harbor. It is the sister restaurant to Os and the food is more consistent and the prices are lower. They have a number of the same signature dishes that Os does (Lobster Mac & Cheese) and every meal there has been consistently very good.

We also like Lyons Den. They have a terrific view, reasonable prices and have been consistently quite good.

Just my 2 cents.
Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:43 AM   #4
Charlie T

Default Service at O's

We went there once over the winter and had a mixed experience. We had booked a reservation online for 2 and when we arrived were promptyl scolded by the hostess (who we later found out was the interim manager) because they had recently changed their reservations policy to a 4 person minimum.... as if it was our fault that they accepted our reservation. That interaction put a dark cloud over what was a otherwise very nice meal.

I"m not sure if we will be back because of the poor customer service. Not wanting to make a scene and further dampen the evening we didn't discuss the rudeness at the time even though it bothered us thruout the meal. My girlfriend did email them the following Monday with no response to our concerns over how we were treated. In this economy one would think customer experience would be a top priority in a upscale restaurant. Apparently the manager needs a few lessons.

Just my $.02
Charlie T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:12 PM   #5
nkiar

Talking $$

Agree with everyone that it can be pricey- which is why we don't get there more often. If we do get back there this summer I'll be interested to see if we experience any of the issues mentioned by the other posters. nkiar
nkiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links