Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-18-2007, 10:53 PM   #1
Captain Zipper

Default Ellacoya Bar and Grill

Anybody eat here? Any good?

I had breakfast at the Village Kitchen this morning. Lots of people but the line moved quickly. Staff is efficient and friendly. But to be honest the food was rather ho hum. Big portions but rather bland.
Captain Zipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 07:45 AM   #2
SIKSUKR

Here's a link to a past thread on the Ellacoya Barn and Grill.

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...ellacoya+grill
Old 07-19-2007, 07:54 AM   #3
pmj

I've eaten there. The pizza is great. Dinner entrees are very good as well.

The service at lunch is not great, especially if you choose to sit upstairs if it is not busy. Our experience was that when we needed a wait person someone from our party had to go downstairs to summon a wait person while we ate. They need to work on that and someone from our party did bring that to management's attention. We found that the panini's were very small..left hungry. The larger sandwiches, such as the parmesan chicken sandwich were very big.
We'll be back for dinner or pizza for sure.
pmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 05:19 PM   #4
mcdude

Thanked 1,044 Times in 490 Posts
Default Try it! You'll like it!

I've been there twice for lunch and was pleased both times. I especially enjoyed the seafood chowder. It is NOT a "fine dining" experience. It is very casual. It IS a barn.
mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 05:26 PM   #5
fpartri497

Default ellagoya barn and grille

I have eaten there several times In the last month or two and have been pleased each time. Their Pizza Is great

Old 07-23-2007, 12:55 PM   #6
rander7823

Default My Wife's Birthday Selection

We were up at the Lake the second week on July at the same time as my wife's birthday. She specifically requested this place for her birthday dinner. Food was excellent and service was fine. My kids descibe it as the place with the really good bread. Try the potato pancake side dish and the artichoke appetizer. I almost lost a finger during the feeding frenzy.
rander7823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 06:33 PM   #7
Pineedles

Default Typing finger?

Uuuuuuu, was it typing finger? Oh well, too much to hope for I guess. Just kidding Rander. I couldn't pass up the opportunity. Glad you had a good experience. Love, Pineedles
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 08:18 AM   #8
Winni P

Default Ellacoya Bar & Grill

We went in August on a very busy night during the Timberman Triathalon weekend. We sat at the bar and had some delicious Martinis as we waited for our takeout order. The food was worth the wait. The staff was great and the atmosphere is wonderful.

I highly recommend the Milky Way martini!!

I can't wait to go back!
Winni P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:54 PM   #9
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default First Time here

Wife and I decided to try Ellacoya tonight, and were pleasantly surprised.

Greeted by very friendly hostess, who asked if we preferred downstairs near the bar or upstairs, and we chose upstairs.

Cheerful waitress greeted us, explained the specials, and took our drink order, and then took our dinner order.

We each had the soup of the day which was a chicken corn chowder, and was very good.

Wife had the Chicken in Puff Pastry, potato pancake, and veggies. I had porterhouse porkchop (huge -- 16oz), potato pancake, and veggies.

Both were excellent, and the potato pancakes (I've had them for breakfast to get rid of a bunch of leftover mashed potatoes) were outstanding...sure to be a part of our meal next time we go there.

Passed on dessert, but I did have a cup of coffee, which was very good.

Our server Phoenix was excellent, checking in with us several times without rushing us, and one of the hostesses came by and asked if everything was ok so far.

Parking lot on the entrance side (Alton side of bldg.) was full, and we almost left, but then decided to park on the other side. Glad we did.

Great food, good atmosphere, great service...nice way to end the work week.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:53 PM   #10
mike ray

Default my favorite restaurant in the lakes region

there are a lot of great restaurants in the lakes region, but my favorite is ellacoya barn and grille. the food is great, the atmosphere is incredibliy comfortable, and the service is the best I have had at any restaurant, anywhere. me and my brother try to get there as much as possible, we usually eat at bar, that is where we are most comfortable(we are bar guys). the wings, the gorgonzola chicken, the burgers, it's all good. everything I have had there has been great, I have never been dissapointed. keep up the good work guys and hopefully I will be seeing you again soon.
mike ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:06 AM   #11
fpartri497

Default favorite restraunt lakes region

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike ray View Post
there are a lot of great restaurants in the lakes region, but my favorite is ellacoya barn and grille. the food is great, the atmosphere is incredibliy comfortable, and the service is the best I have had at any restaurant, anywhere. me and my brother try to get there as much as possible, we usually eat at bar, that is where we are most comfortable(we are bar guys). the wings, the gorgonzola chicken, the burgers, it's all good. everything I have had there has been great, I have never been dissapointed. keep up the good work guys and hopefully I will be seeing you again soon.
Try there steak tip dinner Its Awesume the best around.
Old 12-28-2008, 11:22 PM   #12
Boston Fireguy

Thumbs up The Ellacoya

As mentioned earlier, the steak tips are good, as are the burgers and the nachos.
Boston Fireguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:54 AM   #13
mcdude

Thanked 1,044 Times in 490 Posts

New Year's Eve with live music...choice of vegetarian, filet mignon or halibut. $35.

mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:36 PM   #14
colt17

Default loved it

We visited this past sat night and enjoyed the bar and food very much. Drinks were good our meals were good and the bar staff was very friendly.
colt17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:23 PM   #15
jlongchamps

Thumbs up Great Food... We'll go back!

After driving by many times we went in for dinner last Tuesday. Great service, great food and attentive staff. I would highly recommend this place! Some great weeknight specials. Check out their website http://www.barnandgrille.com/
jlongchamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 05:32 PM   #16
tis

Thanked 1,381 Times in 957 Posts

WE ate there last Fri night and all four of us thought our food was delicious. We did think it was a bit pricy though, given it is a casual restaurant. One of us had the fish and chips and I think it was $16.50 which I think is on the high site. One had a salad as an appetizer which was I think 8.50 too and we thought that was a bit high. But the food was very good and it was very busy. Service was also good.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:07 PM   #17
Jed101

Default I agree it is great

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike ray View Post
The food is great, the staff is great..Ken you rock. My Kids love it so do Mom and Dad.
Jed101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:41 PM   #18
Argie's Wife

You gotta try the roast beef sandwich on a French baguette with au jus - it's excellent.

Hubby and I went there a while back - it was just after New Year's Eve and the place was dead. I asked if the chef would make an exception and serve a lunch-time sandwich for supper? They happily obliged. We enjoyed dinner in front of the fireplace, sitting on the leather sofa and sipping beers. It was w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l!
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 04:06 PM   #19
Overlake97

Thumbs up Another BIG Thumbs Up

We went to the Barn and Grill when it first opened. They seated us upstairs (only seating at that time, I think) where it was pretty dark; food was Ok but I wasn't moved enough to go back. HOWEVER, this forum convinced me to give them another try, and I'm glad we did.

They now have seating right off the bar, and the food is great! I second the comments about the steak tips. I've had them twice now and both times had enough for dinner AND lunch the next day. Who need filet mignon when steak tips are this good.

Pizza is great too, as are the fresh, hand-cut french fries. Next time, we'll request a table upstairs, just for old times sake.
Overlake97 is offline   Reply With Quote