Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-02-2009, 11:36 AM   #1
twoplustwo

Default the taste of summer returns - Red Hill Dari is open!!

There's nothing better than seeing the Dari's flag flying! That was the best lobster roll and french fries of all time. Now I need a nap but my little one is wound up from vanilla ice cream with rainbow sprinkles.

The best part of summer is the summer food
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:07 PM   #2
KonaChick

Our favorite game to play is to guess what the "Flavor of the Week" is as we head into Center Harbor on our way up....good to hear that it's business as usual in Center Harbor.
KonaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 06:53 AM   #3
twoplustwo

Default the flavor of the week...

... is black raspberry, KonaChick!
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to twoplustwo For This Useful Post:
KonaChick (05-03-2009)
Old 05-04-2009, 06:01 AM   #4
dpg

Good clam strips plate also.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:55 AM   #5
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts
Default Clam Fix

I don't believe in using the forum to try and get free advertising, but I wanted to tell those of you who lust after whole belly clams.....that now is the time to get your fix. Don't know about other restaurants, but we are getting extra small fresh clams from Canada that are just beautiful. They are not spawning yet and are very firm tender and flavorful. We get our delivery at the Red Hill Dari on thursday and will be open fri-sun.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SAMIAM For This Useful Post:
Meredith lady (05-04-2009), Pineedles (05-04-2009)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2009, 12:12 PM   #6
Jmo77011

Default Hurray!

I love this place! My husband and I were just talking about it. When he deployed for the second time, my daughter and I came home and spent the 15 months in Moultonborough. When he came home on R&R, I bet we ate there nearly once a day...he loved the clams. Can't wait to get back! Yum!
Jmo77011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:44 AM   #7
dpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
I don't believe in using the forum to try and get free advertising, but I wanted to tell those of you who lust after whole belly clams.....that now is the time to get your fix. Don't know about other restaurants, but we are getting extra small fresh clams from Canada that are just beautiful. They are not spawning yet and are very firm tender and flavorful. We get our delivery at the Red Hill Dari on thursday and will be open fri-sun.
For some reason I thought you ran/owned "country cooking" don't really know why just thought you did. Actually in one thread here I posed that question too you. Oh well now I know. Oh and don't stop with the clam strips.....I'll be in.....
Old 05-05-2009, 01:43 PM   #8
Redwing
Deceased Member

Location: New Haven, Connecticut and summer resident of Moultonborough, NH since 1952
Default Village Kitchen

If you look at SAMIAM's public profile, he is the owner of the Village Kitchen. Can't wait to open camp Memorial Day weekend and enjoy a great breakfast at the Village Kitchen (and perhaps dinner if we are too exhausted from all the raking).
Redwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:11 AM   #9
dpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
If you look at SAMIAM's public profile, he is the owner of the Village Kitchen. Can't wait to open camp Memorial Day weekend and enjoy a great breakfast at the Village Kitchen (and perhaps dinner if we are too exhausted from all the raking).

Oh O.K. got it, that's what I thought.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:24 AM   #10
mcdude

Thanked 1,044 Times in 490 Posts
Default Another Sign of Summer

BEANS & GREENS is open!

mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:35 PM   #11
PennyPenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
SAMIAM - I have reservations about promoting or dissing a restsaurant as a I work as a prep cook in a local one as well. However, IMO, if you are suggesting that people enjoy the little size (1-3) which are very, very small, perhaps your cooks should learn what floating a clam is. If they are over cooked they are hard and crusty. Sorry if I am insulting but I have had your small clams over the winter and they were hard and and overcooked. No flavor left whatsoever. I never said a word to anyone , starting with the waitress but perhaps I should have. I have many friends and family who eat often at the VK. I just keep my mouth shut as to not p!ss anyone off. I do enjoy your food but every so often someone in the kitchen should be put in check.
PennyPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:55 AM   #12
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

Thanks for the "heads up" Pennypenny. I'll get right on it and see whats up.You're right about clams.....they are awful when overcooked.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:02 AM   #13
luvmypups

Smile Love Beans and Greens !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdude View Post
I love Beans and Greens !!! My daughter and I went the other day during their Strawberry Festival, which I have to say...wasnt much of a festival but that's beside the point. We got there at 12:30 and the girl said pick your own stopped at 12:00 and after telling her we drove all the way from the otherside of the lake, she was very nice and let us pick !! I never realized how much they have and sell in the barn. It was a very hot day and after picking we got a DELICIOUS raspberry/Lime smoothie from the deli....perfect for a hot day! They also have a great menu of desserts and sandwiches, I am actually planning on going back very soon.
luvmypups is offline   Reply With Quote