Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-02-2014, 10:34 PM   #1
Smith Point

Default boat storage

I use my Supra ski boat on the lake for about 3 weeks a year. The rest of the time it’s in storage. The issue is storage is way too expensive! I’ve used Alton bay storage for years (inside storage), the problem is he keeps it “outside!” (For what reason I don’t know) He doesn’t winterize it. (I need to do it) And there is always an issue of boat damage every year! So after hurricane Irene in 2011 the bastard left my boat out in the hurricane! There was so much water in the boat it came over the floorboards and mold all over my brand new custom interior! I yanked it out of there (it was out side) smoked a wheel baring because of so much weight of the water in the hull, towed it to Fays to get the damage repaired the one armed guy did a gate job! Fixed the wheel baring fixed the damage that Alton bay storage did. So now I need to fine another place to store it. Andrews marine seems like a good space .so they gave me a price of $500(good deal) bucks a year now there $1400 bucks a year where do you store your boat?
Smith Point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 05:16 AM   #2
ishoot308

Thanked 4,940 Times in 1,916 Posts
Default Dave's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith Point View Post
I use my Supra ski boat on the lake for about 3 weeks a year. The rest of the time it’s in storage. The issue is storage is way too expensive! I’ve used Alton bay storage for years (inside storage), the problem is he keeps it “outside!” (For what reason I don’t know) He doesn’t winterize it. (I need to do it) And there is always an issue of boat damage every year! So after hurricane Irene in 2011 the bastard left my boat out in the hurricane! There was so much water in the boat it came over the floorboards and mold all over my brand new custom interior! I yanked it out of there (it was out side) smoked a wheel baring because of so much weight of the water in the hull, towed it to Fays to get the damage repaired the one armed guy did a gate job! Fixed the wheel baring fixed the damage that Alton bay storage did. So now I need to fine another place to store it. Andrews marine seems like a good space .so they gave me a price of $500(good deal) bucks a year now there $1400 bucks a year where do you store your boat?
Try Dave's in Gilford. His storage is covered (unheated) and I stored one of my boat there for a few years and was very happy.

Good Luck!

Dan
Old 06-03-2014, 05:21 AM   #3
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts
Default Miles Marine

Miles Marine in Gilford is great. They usually have some inside storage every winter and they will repair your boat too.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post:
Reilly (06-08-2014)
Old 06-03-2014, 08:15 AM   #4
znh

Paugus Bay Marina does inside storage and Valet service. It's not overly expensive or overly cheap, but the boats do stay inside and they put it in the water when you need it...
znh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:21 AM   #5
salty dog

Default Andrew's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith Point View Post
This is our second year keeping the boat at Andrew's. Nice people and reasonable prices. I was keeping it in Mass and towing up for day trips and week vacations but it's so much easier to have it there year round. They winterize and summerize it, store it inside for winter, and do on-trailer storage for summer. You can launch yourself or they will launch and pull out for you.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:19 PM   #6
ghfromaltonbay

Default Dave's

Second the vote for Dave's. They are reasonable, and as previously mentioned, the boats are stored inside just not heated. We keep both the boat and jet ski there over the winter.
ghfromaltonbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 08:07 AM   #7
robmac

I've stored my boat indoors @ Shep Browns for years never had any issues at all.
robmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:17 AM   #8
samosetguy

Default Storage

Vote #3 for Dave's Motorboat Shoppe in Gilford.

I've been with him for several years now and switched to him based on a recommendation from another boater in my condo development.
samosetguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:26 AM   #9
Mr Cooke's Crew

Default Boat Storage;

I've been at Parker Marine in Alton Bay for 7 years very happy there, an they are very reasonable. They have covered an uncovered storage.
Mr Cooke's Crew is offline   Reply With Quote