Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-26-2014, 04:26 PM   #1
aquabones

Default LOOKING TO BUY A Hobie KAYAK

Does anyone have an opinion on either the Hobie Outback or the Hobie Revolution 11 or 13. I wanted to get a kayak with pedals so I am considering these. I did have a Perception Carolina, but it got destroyed in a fire and now I want one that I can also fish on. Any suggestion would be appreciated
aquabones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 05:06 PM   #2
Lakepilot

My wife has the Hobie Sport and she loves it. She's stronger in the legs then her arms and she loves being able to shoot pictures with her camera while going along. It's a great kayak.
Lakepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:28 PM   #3
jrc

Fay's has them out in front of their store on RT11. They are pricey compared to a traditional kayak.
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jrc For This Useful Post:
aquabones (06-28-2014)
Old 06-29-2014, 10:21 AM   #4
uglytunasaloona

My wife and I bought a leftover Oasis (tandem) from Fays last year. I fish from it frequently. They gave us a pretty good deal.
uglytunasaloona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:30 AM   #5
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquabones View Post
Does anyone have an opinion on either the Hobie Outback or the Hobie Revolution 11 or 13. I wanted to get a kayak with pedals so I am considering these. I did have a Perception Carolina, but it got destroyed in a fire and now I want one that I can also fish on. Any suggestion would be appreciated
A fisherman comes by my dock occasionally in a Hobie and I have spoken with him about it. He can't say enough good things about the Kayak. And they way it moves effortlessly through the water is certainly impressive. I think if you are going to use it frequently and like to fish you can't go wrong. If you buy one please write a review after you are out on it a few times.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2014, 01:49 PM   #6
Drbones

Default hobie mirage revolution

Aquabones and I bought two Hobies on Friday. we got a Revolution 9' for her and an 11" for me. great people at FAY's
we put in some quality time pedaling them over the weekend. They are lots of fun. the drive system is well thought out and a breeze to use. the seats are comfortable. the kayak is VERY stable.
we let our daughter and son in law take them out, too(adjustments for height are really quick, just a couple of seconds). they had a great time on the kayaks, too.
i tried the paddle to see what it was like, but i found pedaling was more fun and easier on my shoulders.
took it fishing around the rocks in our cove. excellent fishing platform. i hooked a good size smallie and got towed around like Ahab and Moby Dick. great fun!
Drbones is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Drbones For This Useful Post:
aquabones (07-01-2014)
Old 07-03-2014, 09:32 AM   #7
Capt.Ken

Nevermind what everyone else thinks, go try em out. I know dive winnipesaukee is selling kayaks, and they always have a good product knowlege. They have lots of demos and will let you try before you buy. Take a few of them in the back bay and do some fishing..
Capt.Ken is offline   Reply With Quote