Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2009, 01:12 PM   #101
chowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
I don't think he fought with the new boyfriend that night, as the new boyfriend was out of town. I heard he did have a fight though with another guy though.
Vittum had an altercation with the married man that had been "pressuring" her. The new person she had recently begun seeing was out of town that night as you said. It is this person's ex that is the flight attendant in question. So maybe Vittum's statement of "coward, whoever he is" should have been "he or she".
chowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 04:45 PM   #102
jpskate8

Question

Any one know if the new man she was seeing was Jim Lawery?
I had herd it was.....
jpskate8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:31 PM   #103
Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpskate8 View Post
Any one know if the new man she was seeing was Jim Lawery?
I had herd it was.....
The "out of town new person" was not J.L., the married person was not J.L. either.
Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 08:40 AM   #104
winnipugs

Wink

omg could the rumor mill go any further!! this woman has kids who are on the internet and i dont think they need to reed of the key club b.s.. leave stacey with some dignity, she was an amazing person with a heart of gold. she was 41 years old, an adult, those kids always came first , and what she chose to do with her time was HER business. guys just becareful as to what you post as there are little eyes that might be curious and read here.
winnipugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 03:58 PM   #105
chowda

I agree w/ WinniPugs. It amazes me as to how many people that didn't even know her at all, suddenly seem to know every intimate detail of her life. How would they know for a fact about her participating in "key clubs" or drugs unless they themselves were there partaking in the same things right there with her.

As for J.L. COME ON, SERIOUSLY If there had been anything going hopefully he would have shown a little more respect at the memorial service other than sitting there smacking gum the entire time.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2009, 04:53 PM   #106
gokart-mozart

Default No Man is an Island

It's a nice idea that what one chooses to do with one's own time, or one's own private life, is nobody else's business.

It's even true, up to a point.

That point is long past when you wind up dead, leaving five motherless children and a hole in your community. IF "private" behavior caused this crime or even set it up, then it isn't no one's business any more.

It's everyone's business.
gokart-mozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 07:40 PM   #107
Mr. V

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokart-mozart View Post
... leaving five motherless children and a hole in your community. IF "private" behavior caused this crime or even set it up, then it isn't no one's business any more.

It's everyone's business.
Anyone know if the children will wind up being a public charge?

Bet they do.

Then this whole sordid affair (pun intended) is everybody's financial business.
Mr. V is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 10:10 AM   #108
Argie's Wife

Default Goin' out on a limb here but...

Something about the posts here that bother me.... I dunno how to say this and don't want to sound "preachy" about it but....

Stacey Burns was a daughter, mother, employee, citizen.... you get the idea.

There's family and friends and community grieving their loss. Please be cautious about what you say. You may not intend to hurt anyone with your words and as "interesting" as this mystery is, some of the speculation may do just that. I would guess that some family/friends frequent this place.

Peace.
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 04:02 PM   #109
tis

Thanked 1,379 Times in 955 Posts

That's true, A.Wife, but I don't think a thing has been said here that hasn't been said around town. I know I haven't posted half of what I have heard ( I never like to do that) for that very reason.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:23 AM   #110
chowda

I agree also that everybody should be more careful about what they post, but it can be difficult to not respond to some of the ridiculous things be said or questioned about her. Also, it doesn't seem in poor taste to correct a posting that you know for a fact is just speculation or even plain wrong. On the positive side, maybe some of the things that come up here could be new information that would help in the case. You never know.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:44 AM   #111
winnipugs

Smile

just to let you all know, i have, with the help of many friends, organized a walk against violence in staceys name to be held at the nick recreation field on october 24 and 25. the event will mock a relay for life type event, meaning you get sponsored to walk laps around the track, you bring your tent and camp out there overnight. the monies that are collected from this event are going into an account at meredith village bank for a scholarship fund also in staceys name to be given to a kingswood student seeking a career in medicine. stacey always gave so much to our community and this is a way for her to still give in her name. anyone interested in participating can email me and id be more than happy to give more info .

email : tngproulx@yahoo.com
Old 08-09-2009, 05:06 PM   #112
capngary

Exclamation Cold case

Last newspaper article (July 26th) was after Jim's outlandish interview. Why did he have to say anything at all???? So now... it has been over 90 days! No arrests have been made. This is now officially a cold case.

If there is anybody in the world whom would like to see "closure" (if there can ever be such a thing), it is Eddie! The murderer literally destroyed Eddie's life and the lives of his family (on both sides). Despite any marital problems Eddie and Stacey had, their children ALWAYS came first. The person(s) who committed this crime will EVENTUALLY get the justice deserved. Loss of their mother has been just horrible for the children, especially the 3 youngest ones.

So, John Walsh will soon be asking you, "PLEASE, if you know anything about this horrific murder, go to the police and remain annoymous. Let's get this coward off the streets soon!" Some of you WOLFESBORO "PARTY" GIRLS (you know whom you are!)... If the police haven't interviewed you yet... Please be forthcoming and tell the police what you know, even a minor detail that you don't think important might help crack this case.

Last edited by capngary; 08-09-2009 at 05:09 PM. Reason: added "newspaper"
capngary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 07:26 PM   #113
Skip

Post WMUR follow up story

WMUR did a follow up story tonight at 6:00 PM.

Story can be seen HERE.
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 06:59 AM   #114
ApS

Arrow Governor Lynch Signs Bill of "Hope"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by capngary View Post
"...So now... it has been over 90 days! No arrests have been made. This is now officially a cold case..."
So ten days ago was an especially propitious day for Governor Lynch to sign "The Bill of Hope"?

(The Federal Government's "Stimulus Bill" pays for New Hampshire's Cold-Case investigations).

http://kbeaudin.wordpress.com/2009/0...-bill-of-hope/
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:33 AM   #115
capngary

"Lieutenant Horak was in attendance, he is the retired police officer that has written two books about the murders of two young women in Candia NH. His passion to solve these cases burns within him even today."
Old 08-28-2009, 01:21 PM   #116
chowda

Default The Granite State News Should be Ashamed

I am sure I am not the only one disgusted by last week's article. I think the columnist and the editor should both be ashamed of themselves. Firstly, the columnist for printing mostly local gossip and articles from other publications. Did she think that was groundbreaking news? Secondly, the editor for allowing this poor excuse of an article to be published. Is spell check the only editing tool available at this rag? It is one thing for people to post questions or comments on this forum. The local paper printing this type of speculation on the front page is another. That being said, is there any truth to the rumor the flight attendant in question has left town?
Old 08-29-2009, 09:46 AM   #117
tis

I heard she HAS left town. She was being treated very badly. I imagine she is not the only one who is being treated that way. I feel sorry for her and the others who are being treated that way if they DIDN"T do it.
Old 08-29-2009, 06:56 PM   #118
old coot
Deceased Member

Quote:
I heard she HAS left town. She was being treated very badly. I imagine she is not the only one who is being treated that way. I feel sorry for her and the others who are being treated that way if they DIDN"T do it.
Who's she?
oc
old coot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:06 AM   #119
old coot
Deceased Member

Duh!
Now, in the light of day, I see who "she" is. I'm renewing my vow to read posts twice to avoid asking stupid questions like the one I asked.
oc
Old 08-31-2009, 11:44 AM   #120
tis

There is a "For Sale" sign in front of her house today. This whole thing is so very sad.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:58 PM   #121
winnipugs

that property is not just owned by her, it was built and owned by her ex boyfriend. they mutually decided to sell for other reasons. again , you all need to stop jumping to conclusions.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:34 PM   #122
tis

It was built and owned by her and her ex boyfriend and since she no longer felt comfortable there, he could not or did not want to own it by himself. I know and like both of them. My understanding is that she left because she was not being treated well and couldn't take it any more. The reason she is a suspect is because he was the latest beau of Stacey and rumor is that possibly, just possibly she was a jealous ex. Who knows? I choose not to believe she should be a suspect.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:39 PM   #123
PennyPenny

Default Who is the ex-bf?

Quote:
It was built and owned by her and her ex boyfriend and since she no longer felt comfortable there, he could not or did not want to own it by himself. I know and like both of them. My understanding is that she left because she was not being treated well and couldn't take it any more. The reason she is a suspect is because he was the latest beau of Stacey and rumor is that possibly, just possibly she was a jealous ex. Who knows? I choose not to believe she should be a suspect.

Been reading and folowing this story and/or thread but I just got lost on who the ex bf is. "She" is the flight attendant, who is he?
PennyPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 04:08 PM   #124
capngary

Angry COLD CASE - monthly count

OK, DA, Sir... "This is definitely NOT a cold case." OK

I'll just keep track of the months. Please advise number when John Walsh should be brought in.

MONTHS> 4
Old 09-06-2009, 07:48 AM   #125
gokart-mozart

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyPenny View Post
Been reading and folowing this story and/or thread but I just got lost on who the ex bf is. "She" is the flight attendant, who is he?
There are several.
gokart-mozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:07 AM   #126
capngary

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokart-mozart View Post
There are several.
WERE!
Old 09-08-2009, 09:07 AM   #127
chowda

ARE/WERE, seriously!? That is getting a little juvenile. I understand the concern over any supposed "BF's" but the only individuals widely known to have actually threatened her with bodily harm were the Ex-hubby and the flight attendant.

So CapnG, obviously you have a problem with the memorial walk in October. (see Stacey Burns Memorial Walk thread) There is already a fund set up for Stacey's kids, in case you didn't know. As concerned as you seem to be with this situation and clearing your buddy Ed's name, maybe you should give John Walsh a call and set up a reward fund for any info leading to an arrest.

BTW- Before you start correcting the grammatical or wording errors of others, maybe you should proof read your own posts first. WOLFESBORO "PARTY" GIRLS
Everybody makes typos every now and then, no need to be a jerk.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:32 AM   #128
tis

I just think we need an arrest, period! Another family has left town, that makes two. Who will feel they will have to leave next? Again I feel so sorry for the innocent.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:52 PM   #129
Coolbreeze

Feets dons't fail me now!! There is a murderer on the loose....
Coolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 03:28 PM   #130
winnipugs

hey guys, here is the link for the registration form for the stacey burns memorial walk against violence. click on it and you go to the link, from there you can print out the form to register.
http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0...OTBkYmQ1&hl=en
Old 09-09-2009, 07:22 PM   #131
PennyPenny

Default Too long for no answers

Quote:
I just think we need an arrest, period! Another family has left town, that makes two. Who will feel they will have to leave next? Again I feel so sorry for the innocent.
I don't know about families leaving but I agree that an arrest should be coming soon. Hardley ever is there an unsolved murder in NH. What is missing in the equation?
PennyPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:24 AM   #132
Mr. V

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyPenny View Post
I don't know about families leaving but I agree that an arrest should be coming soon. Hardley ever is there an unsolved murder in NH. What is missing in the equation?
Competence?
Old 09-14-2009, 12:05 PM   #133
capngary

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. V View Post
competence?
Not!

***Imminent!***
Old 09-26-2009, 04:12 PM   #134
ApS

Default Case Still Active...

Why it's taking so long. (Logistics).

Quote:
Generally speaking, he says, it can take up to six months or longer to process DNA in the lab. Unlike TV shows like CSI, evidence can not necessarily be processed immediately...It's a matter of logistics, says Howland, not necessarily a lack of evidence, that can protract a case.

He also reminds people that there is no statue of limitations on murder, but once an arrest is made, the clock starts ticking. The state has to be ready to proceed through arraignment and probable cause hearings to trial in a timely manner to protect the rights of the accused.
http://www.carrollcountyindependent....rder_case.html
Old 10-13-2009, 09:22 PM   #135
capngary

Default Half a Year is the "KEY!"

Five months
Old 10-17-2009, 09:41 AM   #136
chowda

Default "key"

WOW! CapnG, you are SOOO witty!!! Did it take you the entire month since your last posting to think that one up?
Old 10-26-2009, 02:17 PM   #137
twins

On my way to Wolfeboro to get some anti-freeze, I saw about 10 Police cars surrounding the area of North Main where the Burns house is. They closed the road right after I went through and I was told by a policeman friend that they were effecting an arrest. Nothing yet on the news, this was about 1:30 pm.
twins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:58 PM   #138
jpskate8

Default Main street police!

Anyone hears anything please post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twins View Post
On my way to Wolfeboro to get some anti-freeze, I saw about 10 Police cars surrounding the area of North Main where the Burns house is. They closed the road right after I went through and I was told by a policeman friend that they were effecting an arrest. Nothing yet on the news, this was about 1:30 pm.
jpskate8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 05:17 PM   #139
ApS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpskate8 View Post
Anyone hears anything please post!
OK.

State Police are creating a lot of action at Pipers Farm— unknown if related, but all this police activity around here sure is unusual.

Last edited by ApS; 10-27-2009 at 07:58 AM.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:24 PM   #140
Just Sold

It was at the Burns home but it was a "Well Person Check" They said it had nothing to do with the murder. WMUR just talked about it.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:25 PM   #141
tis

I heard it had nothing to do with the murder, but just an issue with Ed.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:26 PM   #142
twoplustwo

Default according to WMUR

Police Respond To Welfare Check At Wolfeboro Home
Officials Say Activity Not Related To Burns Investigation
POSTED: 5:53 pm EDT October 26, 2009

WOLFEBORO, N.H. -- Police said there was a flurry of activity at the home of slain Wolfeboro mother Stacey Burns on Monday.

Police said they received a request to do a welfare check at 146 North Main St. at about 10:30 a.m. But by the afternoon, the scene was cleared.

Police said the safety of the neighborhood is their top priority, so authorities from Wolfeboro, Carroll County and state police arrived at the home. Police won't say who called or why, but they said no crime was committed, no investigation will follow, and everyone is safe.

"It was a welfare check, a check on an individual, which we did and determined everything was in order," said Wolfeboro Lt. Dean Rondeau.

The attorney general's office said the activity at the home was not related to the ongoing homicide investigation.

Police said Burns was stabbed to death five months ago inside her home. No arrests have been made.
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 05:40 PM   #143
twins

Welfare Check? When I went through there were 4-5 police cars mustered in an empty lot near the house. Every road had a police car blocking it and they closed 109 and deployed to the house. A welfare check is when you don't hear from your grandmother for a few days and they send someone to knock on her door!
Old 10-26-2009, 05:49 PM   #144
twoplustwo

Default that's kind of what I thought, twins

The pictures I saw on Facebook didn't look like a welfare check, to me.

Seems to me this is one massive eff up after another.
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:01 PM   #145
twins

Default Huh?

Maybe they really,truly,actually DO NOT have any idea who did it!
Old 10-26-2009, 06:16 PM   #146
Yosemite Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplustwo View Post
"It was a welfare check, a check on an individual, which we did and determined everything was in order," said Wolfeboro Lt. Dean Rondeau.

Fixed it for Ya!

"It was a welfare check, a check on an individual, which we did and determined everything was in order," said Wolfeboro Barney Fife.
Yosemite Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:27 PM   #147
old coot
Deceased Member

Default Ludicrous

The things that authorities haven't said about this case would fill volumes.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:29 PM   #148
Pineedles

Haven't been following this thread too close because I don't know the parties involved, and it seems as if there is a lot of espinago (sic) going on, but the police aren't magicians!
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:36 AM   #149
mcdude

Thanked 1,041 Times in 489 Posts

From the Citizen
Quote:
Police converge where May murder occurred
Wolfeboro:

By CAROL LIGHT
Special to the Citizen

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

DARYL CARLSON/CITIZEN PHOTO LOCAL AND STATE police converged on the Burns home in Wolfeboro Monday afternoon.

State police and local police as well as officers from the Carroll County Sheriff's Department converged on a north Wolfeboro neighborhood Monday afternoon, forming a loose perimeter around the home where a mother of five was murdered on Mother's Day.

New Hampshire Associate Attorney General Jeff Strelzin said that the incident did not involve the murder of Stacey Burns. But he would not comment further, other than to say no arrests were made.

To date no one has been charged in connection with the murder of Burns, an elementary school nurse and single mother.

State Police and Carroll County Sheriff's officials referred all comments to the Wolfeboro Police Department. Wolfeboro Police dispatch refused comment and referred all questions to Lt. Dean Rondeau, who it said would be unavailable "for some time." Several attempts to reach him were unsuccessful.

Unconfirmed reports from witnesses at the scene said that, "some kind of threat" was called in to police. WMUR television reported that police were called in at approximately 10:30 a.m. to perform a welfare check.

Two State Police and two local police cruisers were seen parked at either edge of the Burns' property on North Main Street at approximately 1:45 p.m. Monday. Local police and officers from the Carroll County Sheriff's Department were also parked approximately 100 yards away on Filter Bed Road. Witnesses reported that police were also stationed at a church yard approximately 100 yards away as well as on Pleasant and Lucas streets, which border the Burns' home from behind.

About 30 minutes after arriving at the Burns' home, all police vehicles headed rapidly up Main Street and converged in a large dirt turnaround area, where officers could be seen outside their vehicles huddled in conversation. Within 20 minutes all police vehicles were gone from that area.

mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:10 AM   #150
ApS

Post Civil = NON-Criminal action...

Quote:
I heard it had nothing to do with the murder, but just an issue with Ed.
WRT to the 4th Amendment, much could be learned of the murder by police from a civil intervention like a called-in Welfare Check. (Constitutionally-speaking).

Since Ed remains a suspect (officially, anyway), having a large police presence is using the proper "abundance of caution"...IMHO.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:37 AM   #151
mcdude

Thanked 1,041 Times in 489 Posts

From the Grunter
Quote:
Police incident at Stacey Burns house raises concerns
Elissa Paquette
WOLFEBORO — Police responded in force to a complaint of an unspecified person in danger at the former home of Stacey Burns Monday afternoon, Oct. 26, in what turned out to be a false alarm. North Main Street residents and others wondered if an arrest in the unsolved Stacey Burns murder case was finally being made.
(emphasis added)

mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:06 AM   #152
Yosemite Sam

Doesn’t Wolfeboro have anyone higher that a Lt. Dean Rondeau to interview about what happened? This has got to be an embarrassment to whoever is in charge of the Wolfeboro Police Department. When someone calls the police and describes a second hand account from another person’s observation, wouldn’t you think the police would take all the necessary steps to verify it before calling the troops in?
Old 10-29-2009, 10:54 AM   #153
NHDOLFAN

Officer Rondeau is a class act and to state otherwise is absurd. He has served his country and the town of Wolfeboro with dignity. Unless you have all the factors, you may want to refrain from casting judgment. Living in Wolfeboro, I appreciate the fact that they did not sweep this under the table regardless of the circumstances. What would the alternative be, a 2nd murder??
NHDOLFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:10 AM   #154
chipj29

I don't know much about this case, but the whole "false alarm" thing just seems rather strange!
Old 10-29-2009, 11:10 AM   #155
Yosemite Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDOLFAN View Post
Officer Rondeau is a class act and to state otherwise is absurd. He has served his country and the town of Wolfeboro with dignity.
Where did I say anything bad about Lt Rondeau?

Quote:
Officer Rondeau is a class act and to state otherwise is absurd. He has served his country and the town of Wolfeboro with dignity. Unless you have all the factors, you may want to refrain from casting judgment.
Just what are the facts then?

Quote:
Living in Wolfeboro, I appreciate the fact that they did not sweep this under the table regardless of the circumstances. What would the alternative be, a 2nd murder??
How could they sweep it under the table when most of north main street looked like a war zone?

Whoever made the decision to surround the Burns home should be embarrassed.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:20 AM   #156
Heaven

I think it was a good call. Rumor has it that a gun was involved, and given that information even second hand, I say better safe than sorry.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:25 AM   #157
Yosemite Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven View Post
I think it was a good call. Rumor has it that a gun was involved, and given that information even second hand, I say better safe than sorry.
OMG "Rumor" has it!

No wonder Wolfeboro can't solve this murder.

Rumor? Wow!
Old 10-29-2009, 11:41 AM   #158
Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite Sam View Post
OMG "Rumor" has it!

No wonder Wolfeboro can't solve this murder.

Rumor? Wow!
You are a jerk.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:07 PM   #159
Yosemite Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven View Post
You are a jerk.

Thank You!
Old 10-29-2009, 06:22 PM   #160
ApS

Talking Too Funny...

Quote:
"...This has got to be an embarrassment to whoever is in charge of the Wolfeboro Police Department..."
When this went down, the Police Chief was out of town—that put Lt. Rondeau in charge—and he is savvy. (Though Wolfeboro affectionately nick-names him Lt. Rambo).

You can see that the NH State Police are likewise involved: this was no ordinary circumstance.

Wolfeboro is still a small town, but in recent years has had a total of five (5) interesting forums! From my association with the same and usual members at all five forums, I believe you'd be very surprised at learning who just called you a jerk!

(But thanks for your many usually knowledgeable posts).

Last edited by ApS; 10-30-2009 at 06:37 AM. Reason: reconsidered, left unchanged...
Old 10-30-2009, 12:25 PM   #161
Yosemite Sam

Default Lt Rambo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acres per Second View Post
When this went down, the Police Chief was out of town—that put Lt. Rondeau in charge—and he is savvy. (Though Wolfeboro affectionately nick-names him Lt. Rambo).
I thought maybe the cat was away and the mice just had to play.
Lt. Rambo.....Well he is living up to his nickname.

Quote:
You can see that the NH State Police are likewise involved: this was no ordinary circumstance.
Just look a Lt. Rambo with the shades on....fits the Rambo image alright!

Quote:
Wolfeboro is still a small town, but in recent years has had a total of five (5) interesting forums! From my association with the same and usual members at all five forums, I believe you'd be very surprised at learning who just called you a jerk!
You mean there are more interesting forums other that this one in the Lakes region?
I don't mind being called a jerk. I'm surprised someone didn't second it.

Quote:
(But thanks for your many usually knowledgeable posts).
If that was meant for me, Thanks, I needed that
Old 11-02-2009, 02:32 PM   #162
SIKSUKR

Default I want to be recognized

Hey I'm a jerk too!!
Old 11-02-2009, 07:41 PM   #163
VitaBene

Thanked 1,601 Times in 821 Posts

Quote:
Where did I say anything bad about Lt Rondeau?
Mr Maturity speaketh- You referred to the Lt. as Barney Fife and an embarrassment. Or did you forget you wrote those posts??
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:16 PM   #164
Yosemite Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
Mr Maturity speaketh- You referred to the Lt. as Barney Fife and an embarrassment. Or did you forget you wrote those posts??
I'll try to be more mature in the future.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:04 PM   #165
capngary

Exclamation 6 months

SIX (6) Months = COLD CASE

John Walsh
America's Most Wanted
P.O. Box CRIME TV
Washington, DC 20016
Old 11-03-2009, 08:05 PM   #166
Mr. V

Quote:
Indeed.

How hard can it be?
Old 11-09-2009, 11:20 PM   #167
capngary

Default HALF a YEAR!

Quote:

John Walsh
America's Most Wanted
P.O. Box CRIME TV
Washington, DC 20016
SIX MONTHS AGO STACEY WAS MURDERED!
Old 11-09-2009, 11:56 PM   #168
old coot
Deceased Member

Quote:

John Walsh
America's Most Wanted
P.O. Box CRIME TV
Washington, DC 20016
Okay, I'll bite. What fugitive will America's Most Wanted help us go after in this case.
The problem is that no one's wanted, no one's a fugitive, there are no named suspects.
oc
Old 11-10-2009, 04:35 AM   #169
ApS

Question NOT Inconsequential...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
"...'Mr Maturity'..."
Two phrases come to mind:

1) "The Poisonous Fruit from the Poison Tree" (SCOTUS phrase) "clean"[example]

and

2) "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" (Official Vegas phrase)

Old 11-10-2009, 01:04 PM   #170
capngary

Quote:
Originally Posted by old coot View Post
Okay, I'll bite. What fugitive will America's Most Wanted help us go after in this case.
The problem is that no one's wanted, no one's a fugitive, there are no named suspects.
oc
Better to start with John instead of UNSOLVED MYSTERIES! John Walsh reviews cases without fugitives, some as old as 30 years! To him, this is still a FRESH case. Every SINGLE day that goes by makes the case more difficult to solve! I'll keep you posted as to when he will be coming into town!
Old 11-15-2009, 05:36 PM   #171
capngary

Default Unnecessary?

Wrote to John on 11-11...

Maybe will be an unnecessary letter as ARREST is IMMINENT!
Old 11-15-2009, 06:00 PM   #172
ApS

Cool What I'm Hearing...

The "buzz" around Wolfeboro is the convening of a Grand Jury. (Usually the sign of a weak case).

Last edited by ApS; 11-18-2009 at 06:18 PM. Reason: delete signature
Old 11-18-2009, 05:34 PM   #173
Yosemite Sam

Quote:
The "buzz" around Wolfeboro is the convening of a Grand Jury. (Usually the sign of a weak case).
In this Thursdays Granite State News there is an article stating that a "Grand jury hears testimony in Burns murder case".

Below is that article:

"Grand jury hears testimony in Burns murder case
BY ELISSA PAQUETTE Staff Writer
OSSIPEE — New Hampshire
Senior Assistant Attorney General Jeff Strelzin made an appearance in the Superior Court for Southern Carroll County in Ossipee before the grand jury on Nov. 13 to question Jamie Vittum of Wolfeboro, in connection with the investigation of the May 10 murder of Stacey Burns. For those anxiously awaiting an arrest of the murderer, there is no news yet on that front, but the court action is a sign that work is in progress. When questioned on the court appearance, Strelzin maintained silence on specifics of the case – as he has all along – but did say that his office and the NH State Police Major Crimes Unit, along with the Wolfeboro Police Department “continue to work hard” on the investigation.
A witness subpoenaed to appear before the grand jury in an investigative matter is sworn to tell the truth or risk perjury charges if that testimony is shown to be false in a subsequent jury trial. Last June, Vittum testified on behalf of her ex-husband, Jim Vittum, when a restraining order against him was sought by Stacey Burns’ ex-husband Ed Burns for stalking. The court denied Burns’ petition. Jim Vittum has stated publicly that he was a friend of Stacey Burns and her boyfriend for about a year until a month before her death. Strelzin has not named any suspects and continues to refrain from offering a timeline for resolution of the case."
Old 11-18-2009, 08:05 PM   #174
capngary

Unhappy Grand Jury

It looks like Jeff is just trying to do "something."

SIX months have gone by and the case gets staler by the day! What's next, Jeff, a PSYCHIC????????????????????

JOHN WALSH.... C'MOOOOOOON DOOOOOOOOOOWN!
Old 11-18-2009, 09:45 PM   #175
breathe easy

Quote:

Lot's of people have gone to prison after grand jury indictments.....
breathe easy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:43 PM   #176
capngary

Quote:
Originally Posted by breathe easy View Post
Lot's of people have gone to prison after grand jury indictments.....
So far... Just CONVENED...

One might have hoped that by THANKSGIVING this MOTHER'S DAY murder could have been solved...

"If you would like to have a case considered for the show, please send all facts to:

America's Most Wanted
PO Box Crime TV
Washington DC 20016

Please make sure to note whether there is a known fugitive charged with the crime, or whether the perpetrator is yet to be identified. If charges have been filed, please note the police agency that filed the charges. It is also helpful to let us know what photos and/or video are available of the victim and the fugitive."

Last edited by capngary; 11-23-2009 at 05:51 PM. Reason: add info
Old 11-23-2009, 07:49 PM   #177
Mr. V

I am pretty sure the cops know who did it, but they are concerned about compiling the necessary degree of proof, proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

I am surprised they don't have DNA, hair and fiber, or finger print evidence sufficient to support a charge.

Who wears gloves to a crime of passion?
Old 11-24-2009, 07:12 AM   #178
dpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
Hey I'm a jerk too!!
You people are a hoot.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:58 PM   #179
capngary

Default Patience is STILL required...

America's Most Wanted wrote back and they are CONSIDERING this case. Please somebody write to them and suggest they talk to Kelly about how traumatic her Mom's death has been!
Old 12-08-2009, 08:28 AM   #180
riverat

Default NH Cold Case Team but Wolfeboro not on list

http://http://fosters.com/apps/pbcs....S_01/712089937
http://http://fosters.com/apps/pbcs....S_01/712089945

coldcaseunit@dos.nh.gov
Old 12-08-2009, 11:16 AM   #181
Mink Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. V View Post
Who wears gloves to a crime of passion?
Uh, OJ Simpson? Oh that's right, he didn't do it. LOL.
Mink Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:47 PM   #182
Mr. V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink Islander View Post
Uh, OJ Simpson? Oh that's right, he didn't do it. LOL.
OJ did not murder in the heat of passion.

He killed in a calculated manner; that's why he wore gloves.

Maybe the same thing here?

We'll find out eventually.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:54 AM   #183
Greene's Basin Girl

Default New Hampshire Cold Cases

Monday evening on the WMUR newscast they talked about the most recent cold case. It was long before the suspicious death in Wolfeboro. I was surprised that the Wolfeboro case was not mentioned as the most recent unsolved murder.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:21 PM   #184
capngary

Default Not a Cold Case yet...

It's NOT a cold case, just cool...

Please don't forget the Burns' Kids! They won't be able to spend the holidays with their Mom. Send a little cheer their way!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Old 02-04-2010, 10:43 AM   #185
chowda

Default Anybody hear anything at all?

Any news on the grand jury? It seems as if any investigation has stopped completely. Pathetic. All these supposed "big leads" and pointing the finger at one person in particular, you think they would have done something about it by now. Makes you wonder if they were after the wrong individual the whole time after all. Again, PATHETIC.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:51 AM   #186
Mr. V

It's been nine months since the Burns murder, and still ... nada.

The wheels of justice seem to turn awfully slowly at times.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:06 AM   #187
chowda

Default Captain Gary,

Where is John Walsh?!?! In all seriousness Capn G, do what you've got to do. Just get him up here! John Walsh, Nancy Grace, whoever that can get some answers. Are we really getting that close to a year without this being resolved? Is it really true that evidence was botched/lost? Come on! There has got to be somebody out there that knows or heard something since then. We all need to start calling Concord and get them going on this again.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:29 PM   #188
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

Local and state pd should be ashamed......only a very few people could have done this crime.....meanwhile....an innocent person is twisting in the wind while the guilty one is enjoying their freedom.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:10 AM   #189
Mr. V

I too am puzzled at the lack of an arrest.

The killer either got very lucky or was very methodical in planning, as one would think an arrest would follow based on fingerprints, DNA, hair and fiber or the like.

While I suppose the cops investigating it could be incompetent, I prefer not to think so; rather, I suspect a lack of evidence to date.

Once you charge a person with murder, the accused has a constitutional right to a speedy trial, and if the evidence is weak, the defense attorney will probably not waive it.

Why arrest someone only to have them walk due to lack of evidence?

Keep digging, keep investigating til they get it right, then arrest.

And if for whatever reason insufficient evidence is found, well, where do you think the expression "got away with murder" originated?
Old 03-10-2010, 08:43 AM   #190
chowda

I think the police might have hit a brick wall because they were going in the direction of just one person the whole time. Like SAMIAM said, letting the guilty one enjoy their freedom and leaving the innocent one twisting in the wind. I still think the police might not have given enough consideration to the possibility of having been the previously mentioned female. Most everybody in town knows she was both mean and unhinged enough. Well worth looking into in my book. It doesn't seem that they have gotten too far with their previous inquiries. I'm sure it made the investigation difficult having more than one "person of interest", so I'll leave it at that.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:49 PM   #191
capngary

Default It's getting really COLD! Over 10 months!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
Local and state pd should be ashamed......only a very few people could have done this crime.....meanwhile....an innocent person is twisting in the wind while the guilty one is enjoying their freedom.
And we ALL know whom that innocent person is! His life has been ruined. He is unable to work to support his FIVE children until this case is solved! So... It has been almost a YEAR! I'll be getting back with Mr. Walsh on the "anniversary" date!

I really can't think of any crime worthy of investigating more than this one. Mother's Day!
Old 03-11-2010, 07:37 PM   #192
DC Pointer

Default Death of Diamind and Murder In Worlfeboro

Two deaths inside of two years with absolutley zero justice served. Not even an explanation as to WHY OR WHO OR WHAT? Especially in Wolfeboro. What the hell is going on here?
DC Pointer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:47 PM   #193
trfour

Default Ya, It Would Seem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Pointer View Post
Two deaths inside of two years with absolutley zero justice served. Not even an explanation as to WHY OR WHO OR WHAT? Especially in Wolfeboro. What the hell is going on here?

And today's ( Sign Of The Times ), No Reminder Needed, that Fair Trial and Due Process can and does frustrate! The waist lines of Government and Lawyers continues to balloon, however, Hanging the innocent in the streets has been abolished in this Country - +.

Now, let us put our brains together and help where we can, in the above Mess!

Terry

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:34 AM   #194
chowda

Diamind? I'm sorry DC Pointer, but are you speaking of the Diamond Island incident? I agree with trfour concerning the waistlines. Any ideas on the helping with the "Mess" as you put it? There have been suggestions of going to the press, contacting John Walsh or others. At this point I don't think there are any bad ideas, since we don't ALL know whom is innocent.

Back to SAMIAM, you are so right. The police should be ashamed, and also Strezlin. They could at least have given us the facade that they care. They could give an occasional update in the paper or news. They could have told the truth about what happened in October. They could have stopped much of the rumors circulating in town by eliminating people that they are positive were not involved and by dispelling much of the ridiculous gossip. Instead, they have told us nothing, which leads to the image that they have done nothing.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:29 PM   #195
old coot
Deceased Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowda View Post
Diamind? I'm sorry DC Pointer, but are you speaking of the Diamond Island incident? I agree with trfour concerning the waistlines. Any ideas on the helping with the "Mess" as you put it? There have been suggestions of going to the press, contacting John Walsh or others. At this point I don't think there are any bad ideas, since we don't ALL know whom is innocent.

Back to SAMIAM, you are so right. The police should be ashamed, and also Strezlin. They could at least have given us the facade that they care. They could give an occasional update in the paper or news. They could have told the truth about what happened in October. They could have stopped much of the rumors circulating in town by eliminating people that they are positive were not involved and by dispelling much of the ridiculous gossip. Instead, they have told us nothing, which leads to the image that they have done nothing.
I am in complete agreement with your 2nd paragraph elaboration of SAMIAM's original premise.
oc
Old 03-25-2010, 08:32 PM   #196
chowda

The way I see it, us locals have it down to three distinct possibilities. Are there more that I don't know of? (serious possibilities) I know at least one has undergone a polygraph. Why not all three? I'm for waterboarding at this point. Give me a break. At least two out of three is still here taking the heat.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:26 AM   #197
tis

Anybody know the story on the house being for sale? Where are they moving etc.?
Old 03-26-2010, 10:17 AM   #198
Petah

Who would be the third "suspect" who is not taking the heat?
Petah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:00 AM   #199
chowda

Petah, you've got a lot of catching up to do! You should take about an hour or two and start reading all 197 posts on this. The third person I am speaking of is the flight attendant that moved to Portsmouth this Summer. The same one that barged into Stacey's house the Thursday before Mother's Day and threatened her. She stalked Stacey and the new "BF" (the flight attendant's EX) on their dates, etc. None of this means that she is the one who did this, but it definitely gives the appearance of motive. I just feel that this individual should be held under the same scrutiny as the other two.

CaptainGary, any word on John Walsh?
The Following User Says Thank You to chowda For This Useful Post:
capngary (05-09-2010)
Old 04-03-2010, 07:46 AM   #200
jlynn

Quote:
And we ALL know whom that innocent person is! His life has been ruined. He is unable to work to support his FIVE children until this case is solved! So... It has been almost a YEAR! I'll be getting back with Mr. Walsh on the "anniversary" date!

I really can't think of any crime worthy of investigating more than this one. Mother's Day!
No mention of the fact that he did not work 2 years prior to his ex wife's death (and was $6000.00 behind on his child support and due to go to court the day after her death) or the fact that he has had no license due to a second offense DWI. His life is ruined? I am a firm believer in "what goes around comes around". He made a beautiful persons life miserable for years. Now he's getting his just rewards.
jlynn is offline   Reply With Quote