Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2018, 03:15 PM   #1
uschisk

Default Consolidated Communications Install issues

I’m looking to see if anyone else has had issues with getting Internet service through consolidated? Apparently this is the only option on Mark Island. I have been working on this for months now, they have taken my information, assured me that we could have service, and twice now have set up dates for installation. The first date, which was inconvenient for me but they told me the only day available, I drove up got to the island, only to call them and have them tell me that no one was coming that day.
Two days later I received a phone call, From someone saying they were calling personally to reschedule the install due to their error. The date we chose was tomorrow, however when I called now to avoid the same issue they tell me no one is coming tomorrow, and then they do not believe anyone called to schedule the install.

Has anyone else had issues? How do I get this installation done? Are there any other internet options on Mark?
uschisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 05:35 PM   #2
Slickcraft

Thanked 1,993 Times in 910 Posts

We had an install on Welch in early May. It had been delayed due to storm damage clean up. We coordinated with Darlene (603-759-4492) via text at local dispatch and the install went well.

The local people are fine to deal with, not the same at corporate level.
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slickcraft For This Useful Post:
uschisk (06-22-2018)
Old 06-22-2018, 05:43 AM   #3
Broken Glass

Default Exactly the Same Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by uschisk View Post
I’m looking to see if anyone else has had issues with getting Internet service through consolidated? Apparently this is the only option on Mark Island. I have been working on this for months now, they have taken my information, assured me that we could have service, and twice now have set up dates for installation. The first date, which was inconvenient for me but they told me the only day available, I drove up got to the island, only to call them and have them tell me that no one was coming that day.
Two days later I received a phone call, From someone saying they were calling personally to reschedule the install due to their error. The date we chose was tomorrow, however when I called now to avoid the same issue they tell me no one is coming tomorrow, and then they do not believe anyone called to schedule the install.

Has anyone else had issues? How do I get this installation done? Are there any other internet options on Mark?
I was on the phone last month for 54 minutes getting an appointment for a June 19th installation on Rattlesnake Island. The morning of the 19th I got up at 5AM and came up to the island for 8AM in order to meet the installer. I called Consolidated at 9AM to find out where the tech was. I was told there was no-one coming out! My "work order" was still being processed! When I asked the reason for no call to let me know, I was told that if it was her business I would have been called, but she does not own the business. I received a call later that day from Technical, letting me know that the double speed that I was supposed to get , was not available until they run new lines. "Would I like to get the standard service?" (I had the standard service four years ago and cancelled it because it was too slow) I came back up yesterday and had Hughes Satellite Internet service installed. Works Great!!
Broken Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Broken Glass For This Useful Post:
uschisk (06-22-2018)
Old 06-22-2018, 07:47 AM   #4
Sundancer320

Who did the Hughes sat. Install? Thinking of getting that put in...
Sundancer320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:51 AM   #5
uschisk

Default Hughes satellite

Do you need to commit to a full two years without interruption for the service? One of the things I liked about the consolidated service is the ability to suspend when we’re not at the island over the winter. But obviously if I can’t get service it doesn’t matter.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2018, 12:35 PM   #6
Broken Glass

Default Hughes

I signed up with inmyarea.com It is a two year commitment. I do not want to suspend because I want to monitor the house during the winter, so I did not question whether or not you can suspend service off season..
Broken Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 01:04 PM   #7
uschisk

Default It worked!

Thank you very much to Slickcraft, for providing the contact information for Darlene! I took a chance and send her a text this morning when I saw your reply, and she responded within a few hours. She has us scheduled, And I am far more confident that this appointment will actually come through. She was extremely helpful. She did say to make sure to share her number with any other people who are having issues, she is happy to help!
Old 06-22-2018, 01:16 PM   #8
Slickcraft

Thanked 1,993 Times in 910 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by uschisk View Post
Thank you very much to Slickcraft, for providing the contact information for Darlene! I took a chance and send her a text this morning when I saw your reply, and she responded within a few hours. She has us scheduled, And I am far more confident that this appointment will actually come through. She was extremely helpful. She did say to make sure to share her number with any other people who are having issues, she is happy to help!
Also the techs are willing to share their cell # should there be any after install issues.
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote