Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2018, 01:13 PM   #1
Little Bear

Default Log home maintenance

I am looking for a company that specializes in general maintenance of log homes (clear coating, caulking and minor repairs). Anyone know of such a company in the area?
Little Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 06:05 PM   #2
Hillcountry

I had an estimate done by a company that specializes in log home restoration and maintenance...I can’t recall the name for the life of me.
However, if you google log home maintenance and staining many results will show up.
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hillcountry For This Useful Post:
Little Bear (09-22-2018)
Old 09-23-2018, 09:45 PM   #3
AltonGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bear View Post
I am looking for a company that specializes in general maintenance of log homes (clear coating, caulking and minor repairs). Anyone know of such a company in the area?
Is your home a real log home or a kit like mine? The reason I ask is if its the latter there is no need for a place that specializes in log cabins. Any professional painting company can stain, caulk, and perform minor repairs. Just have to find one that has the time and patience. When looking to have mine maintained I looked into the ones that specialized in log cabins and almost died at the estimates given. Its almost like they didn't need the work and were bidding high so that they would make time for the work if I took the bait. I found one company that was excellent. They were very reasonable and were super reliable. They have also done a ton of work in the area. They stained, caulked and replaced log siding on my home with absolutely no issues or surprises. Their site is below. Bill is a great guy and will provide a timely reply and estimate. Good luck!

http://www.mckaypainting.com

Sent from my LGLS755 using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
AltonGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AltonGuy For This Useful Post:
gravy boat (09-24-2018)
Old 09-24-2018, 08:34 AM   #4
Little Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltonGuy View Post
Is your home a real log home or a kit like mine? The reason I ask is if its the latter there is no need for a place that specializes in log cabins. Any professional painting company can stain, caulk, and perform minor repairs. Just have to find one that has the time and patience. When looking to have mine maintained I looked into the ones that specialized in log cabins and almost died at the estimates given. Its almost like they didn't need the work and were bidding high so that they would make time for the work if I took the bait. I found one company that was excellent. They were very reasonable and were super reliable. They have also done a ton of work in the area. They stained, caulked and replaced log siding on my home with absolutely no issues or surprises. Their site is below. Bill is a great guy and will provide a timely reply and estimate. Good luck!

http://www.mckaypainting.com

Sent from my LGLS755 using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Thanks for the reply and info. The house is a real log house, but for general clear-coating and caulk repair, there are no special skills required. We have a problem with some rot on one of the logs (12" round), so this will require someone with the knowledge and skill to repair it properly.
Little Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 07:47 PM   #5
fatlazyless

Saw a white F-250 pickup in the Plymouth Walmart parking lot this morning at 7:30 with signs: www.logcabinmaintenance.com ..... also had 'Treehouses by Steve'. Was a big bucks, late model Ford with professionally done signs.