Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2018, 06:22 PM   #1
pjard

Default Hot Tub Moving

I need a hot tub moved for a couple of weeks while I get some deck work done. I've called all the hot tub dealers and they don't offer the service. Also tried a couple of moving companies without any luck. Anyone have suggestions?
pjard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 07:03 PM   #2
ApS

Question Is it Round? Would It Roll? Hard-Wired? Cord?

'Sounds like a job for a crane.

Try a tree cutter or arborist firm—ask for their opinion.
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 07:21 PM   #3
Hillcountry

You just need to google hot tub movers. We were considering having a free one moved to our home but decided against it. There are several in NH/MA that will and do move them.
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 06:37 AM   #4
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,135 Times in 889 Posts

Try Craigslist. I bought a new one several years ago and found 2 men on Craigslist who took the new one off the trailer and put it in place. They even loaded the old one on the trailer for disposal.

It was mostly done using pipes as rollers and throwing a little muscle in now and then. I think they charged $200, which was well worth it. Sorry, I cannot find the contact information.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 08:18 AM   #5
fatlazyless

Large foam noodles, about 4" diameter x 42" length can be used as rollers for moving a hot tub.

Will also work for moving a boat or building an ancient pyramid with sandstone blocks weighing 20-tons each ....... ha-ha-ha ...... well, maybe not for an ancient pyramid, but definitely yes for hot tubs and small boats.

You just point that hot tub in the right direction, and let it roll down the hill over a gaggle of noodles ..... ditto that for a boat!

About six months ago, Energysavers in Meredith wanted $500 to remove a hot tub, even after replacing it with a new Hot Springs Jetsetter purchased from them. $500 seemed like Jesse James rides again ....... such an unbelievably high price to remove the old tub!

Ain't no way!

Cozy Cabin Rustics in Meredith, Plymouth(big store) & Lincoln sells excellent quality Nordic Hot Tubs, and as of six months ago, was charging $100 to deliver the new, and another $100 to remove the old hot tub.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:09 AM   #6
jbolty

I recently had to move a hot tub a short distance and was able to do it with four friends, a couple 2x4, some ratchet straps and two hand trucks. Thus.
Attached Images

jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 01:36 PM   #7
Hillcountry

There’s a guy on YouTube that moves hot tubs by himself...quite the moving genius! I believe he’s down south somewhere though. Calls himself “The spa guy”
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 03:28 PM   #8
Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Large foam noodles, about 4" diameter x 42" length can be used as rollers for moving a hot tub.

Will also work for moving a boat or building an ancient pyramid with sandstone blocks weighing 20-tons each ....... ha-ha-ha ...... well, maybe not for an ancient pyramid, but definitely yes for hot tubs and small boats.
Methinks that you have too much of your inheritance $ invested in the foam noodle company.
Outdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote