Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2005, 09:37 PM   #1
sorourke

Default Local brewpubs or restaurants serving local beer?

We'll be staying up in the Weirs Beach area next month and I'd love a recommendation for a local-ish brewpub or a restaurant with local brews on tap. Any helpful hints, folks?

Thanks in advance.
sorourke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 03:14 PM   #2
Fishin Fool

Default here's one for ya !

There is one in New London NH. Great food and beer,very good entertainment. We have been there on a few occasions and can highly recommend it.

http://www.flyinggoose.com/
Fishin Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 10:59 AM   #3
PROPELLER

Just so Sorourke knows, New London NH is nowhere near Weirs Beach. Its closer to Lake Sunapee than Lake Winnipesaukee.
PROPELLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 11:17 AM   #4
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Thumbs up Patrick's Pub

You can always try Patrick's Pub in Gilford. They have local brew on tap. It is not really accessible by water, but I have docked at Glendale and walk down.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:17 PM   #5
ghfromaltonbay

Default Laconia Area

How about the Stone Coast Brewing Company? Haven't been there myself, but it is listed in this websites link under Restaurants. I visited their website this winter when I was looking for places to eat that are open year-round.
ghfromaltonbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2005, 02:01 PM   #6
sorourke

Thanks for the information. I did see Flying Goose and thought it looked great, until I did the math on the trip. We're looking to stay pretty local during our visit, so I was hoping for closer than the Sunapee area.

Stone Coast is another one I saw, but their site is kinda funny to negotiate (www.stonecoast.com). We'd really be looking for a pub sort of place, with a restaurant you could take a family to if you so desired. When I clicked on the link saying "Food," it shows two locations in Maine. Don't think that's what I'm looking for either. Please correct me if there is a local Stone Coast which serves food.

Patricks sounds like a nice place. Menu looks good, so we'll probably try there. I'm open to other suggestions, so please feel free to keep 'em coming!
sorourke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 02:57 PM   #7
PROPELLER

Patricks is great for draft beers & good food at a reasonable price. Another good choice maybe at the Wolfboro Inn in Wolfboro. Although I have not been there for a couple years, they used to have a great Pub with many draft beers & good pub food.

I can not think of any brewery type establishments where the house brew is served on site in the Winnipesaukee area. However, I think Patricks & the Wolfboro Inn are the 2 best choices I can think of for what you are looking for.

I just thought of another, The Mug in Meredith. The food is not as upscale or good as the other 2 but it is a pub atmosphere & they have Burgers, pizza etc. Pool tables if you like to shoot pool.
PROPELLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 04:38 PM   #8
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

Just west of Laconia on rte 3, literally at the intersection of Rte 3 & 11 and I93 is Kalliope's. Used to be called Olivers and has changed hands but the food is very good, and they have dining rooms and a "pub" area. Here's a link to their website: http://kalliopes.com/index.html

Have a good vacation.