Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Fish Tales
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 09-27-2012, 09:21 AM   #1
ishoot308

Thanked 4,943 Times in 1,918 Posts
Default Last Weekend For Salmon / Trout

With the final weekend of Salmon and Trout fishing on the big lake coming up, I can honestly say that this year has been the best fishing season for me in a long time. This years salmon and trout were very healthy and in good supply and I had many days of fun and good fishing with friends and family!

I think a lot of thanks should go to NHF&G and their biologists for doing a good job at the balancing act they must do when it comes to salmon stocking methods and food supply in the lake. Thanks should also go to all fisherman who try and abide by the "salmon pledge" and practice good catch and release methods. The awareness of the importance of these methods I believe has given us a better fishery overall.

The lake trout are naturally reproducing and also seem to be in good abundance and very healthy! I look forward to this years hard water fishing (pray for good ice!).

So who's going out fishing this final weekend?? Weather does not look good with a lot of rain in the forecast but at least it doesn't look like it will be windy. I will be out for a couple hours anyway both Saturday and Sunday, wave if you see me!

Dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ishoot308 For This Useful Post:
secondcurve (09-28-2012)
Old 09-27-2012, 10:02 AM   #2
Broken Glass

Default Rain or Shine!!

Dan,
I will be out there rain or shine for the final weekend. Last year I was out there with my wife until dark, on the very last day of the season. The Salmon were plentiful and left me so thrilled I was right back out on April 1st in the cold and the dark waiting for the season to open up again! This was a very good year and it has been lots of fun. Thank you for your posts and helpful information this year. Stay warm this winter!!
Dan
"Good Stuff"
Broken Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:54 PM   #3
MDoug

Default Last Weekend

If the wind is calm enough, I'll probably go trollling one last time. Anyone suggesting a Top Gun color?
MDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:52 PM   #4
ishoot308

Thanked 4,943 Times in 1,918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDoug View Post
If the wind is calm enough, I'll probably go trollling one last time. Anyone suggesting a Top Gun color?
Orange always seems to work but I have been having better luck with fly's on these pre-spawn salmon than hardware. Though if your going after lakers hardware always seems to work.

Good Luck!

Dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:48 AM   #5
MDoug

Default Last Weekend

Thanks, Dan! I'll set out one of each.
MDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links