Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-13-2016, 08:00 AM   #1
Island Girl

Default Shout out and thanks to Bizer

I was just reading the post about rocks around Eagle Island and wanted to remind folks especially newcomers of the incredible service Bizer has given us for years.

I have been on the lake since 1999. Many times in the off season I have pulled out one of my many Bizer charts (buy often, keep him in business). I make it a bit of a game by taking a section of the lake and trying to memorize the markers. It is very interesting to look at the depths around the lake and find high spots such as between Camp Island and Sandy Island, and coming out of Wolfeboro Bay towards the broads.

While I more or less "know the lake", there are some areas I frequent less than others. Before venturing out, I take a look at the chart to refresh my memory. If I am unsure during the trip, out come the chart to make sure. Once in a while a marker looks like a different color and once in a while based on my direction, it seems to be the wrong color. Had I relied on that alone I would have been in trouble.

One other thing to check is Bizer's website for any changes since the latest chart and this forum for any posts about lake navigation.

I addition to the large wall chart and the folded laminated chart I have the little mini charts for the Jetskiis.

Thanks, Bizer, for keeping us safe.
IG

....... Make Lemonade
Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Island Girl For This Useful Post:
DRH (07-13-2016), Hillcountry (07-13-2016), noreast (07-13-2016), persamp (07-13-2016), Rattletrap (07-13-2016), trfour (07-14-2016), wtibert (07-13-2016)
Old 07-13-2016, 08:08 AM   #2
wtibert

Default Agree

As a newcomer to boating on the lake it is invaluable. Great product, I think I've spent far more hours looking over my chart than I have actually boating so far.
wtibert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 08:36 AM   #3
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

After the Wolfeboro 4th of July fireworks, as I waited for boat traffic to subside, I pulled out my Bizer chart. I have traveled from Wolfeboro to Alton Bay countless times and I did have my GPS onboard and at the ready, but being the night of a new moon, and especially dark, I wanted to refresh my mind on the "flashers" along the way. Yup, Barndoor and Sewell Point, head SW watching for the double flash at Moose (keep it to starboard ), single flash at Little Mark and then Echo Point. Wife was part of the "briefing" and made for a great ride home. Not only do I use it when under way, but also for planning purposes. Love Bizer charts.

I live here... I am always Upthesaukee.
Old 07-13-2016, 08:39 AM   #4
Pricestavern

Default Mini Charts

I hadn't realized they made mini charts. As you say, IG, they'd be good for jet skis.

I'm going to buy a handful of them to keep in my boat. I can't count the number of times jet skiers have flagged me down asking me where they are, where can they get gas, etc. Rather than a lot of pointless pointing ("...to the left of which island? Go around what marker? In which cove?...") I can hand them a chart.

It would be good if the jet ski rental places included a mini chart with every rental.
Pricestavern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 08:51 AM   #5
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts
Default Long Island (NY)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pricestavern View Post
I hadn't realized they made mini charts. As you say, IG, they'd be good for jet skis.

I'm going to buy a handful of them to keep in my boat. I can't count the number of times jet skiers have flagged me down asking me where they are, where can they get gas, etc. Rather than a lot of pointless pointing ("...to the left of which island? Go around what marker? In which cove?...") I can hand them a chart.

It would be good if the jet ski rental places included a mini chart with every rental.
Nice to know I'm not the only Long Islander (NY) around. Which town? Maybe we can car pool? LOL
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2016, 08:52 AM   #6
Island Girl

Default Laminated Quick Reference Chart

The mini chart comes laminated and non laminated. It is called the Quick Reference Chart. I I have had both but prefer the laminated as it is waterproof and lasts forever.

IG

....... Make Lemonade
Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 10:17 AM   #7
SIKSUKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Girl View Post
The mini chart comes laminated and non laminated. It is called the Quick Reference Chart. I I have had both but prefer the laminated as it is waterproof and lasts forever.

IG
I couldnt find it on their purchase page.http://www.bizer.com/
Old 07-13-2016, 10:43 AM   #8
webmaster

Thanked 3,726 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
I couldnt find it on their purchase page.
Try this:

http://www.nhlakecharts.com/page/71812202
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to webmaster For This Useful Post:
Pricestavern (07-13-2016)
Old 07-14-2016, 12:19 PM   #9
SIKSUKR

Thanks Don. I was looking for dimensions and see that the "mini" is actually much larger (9x17 1/2) than my folded laminated Bizer chart(6x11 1/2) which also rolls up and fits easily in my PWC glovebox. FWIW
Old 07-14-2016, 02:09 PM   #10
Bandrews7

Default Shout out and thanks to Bizer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Bandrews7; 07-14-2016 at 08:00 PM.
Bandrews7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 10:11 PM   #11
Greene's Basin Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Girl View Post

IG
How big is the print?
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote