Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-28-2009, 09:26 AM   #1
L. Wiedman

Angry terrible food at dockside

We stopped at the dockside restaurant is meredith for lunch on Tuesday and it was the pits. The fried foods, fish, onion rings and french fries were greasy from to low a temperature in their frialators. The rolls our sandwichs came in were like bricks. We were very disapointed. I thought the common man chain would have a better handle on the quality control.
L. Wiedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:29 AM   #2
This'nThat

Quote:
Originally Posted by L. Wiedman View Post
We stopped at the dockside restaurant is meredith for lunch on Tuesday and it was the pits. The fried foods, fish, onion rings and french fries were greasy from to low a temperature in their frialators. The rolls our sandwichs came in were like bricks. We were very disapointed. I thought the common man chain would have a better handle on the quality control.
We've been there twice this summer. Good food each time.

Even the view was good.
This'nThat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:46 AM   #3
Argie's Wife

Did you take your concerns to management or even your server?
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:23 PM   #4
Shreddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by L. Wiedman View Post
Very strong first post. Almost sounds like a grudge or something...
Shreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:20 PM   #5
Gatto Nero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddy View Post
Very strong first post. Almost sounds like a grudge or something...
I tend to doubt that. I've had the same experience with the food there. I keep going back though, cause its a nice place to hang out and have a cocktail or two.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:10 PM   #6
Shreddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatto Nero View Post
I tend to doubt that. I've had the same experience with the food there. I keep going back though, cause its a nice place to hang out and have a cocktail or two.
I can understand that. It just seems weird that someone's first post is to downgrade an establishment. That restaurant isn't by far a top notch restaraunt, jsut a place to grab a bite to eat and some drinks.
Shreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:35 PM   #7
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatto Nero View Post
One has to remember fast food is fast food..... even if it is done by the common man outfit.....some times it will be good.... other times not so much......
Old 08-28-2009, 04:31 PM   #8
NHskier

Our family has eaten at Town Docks a good half-dozen times during the past two summers and have been satisfied across the board.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:33 PM   #9
Seeker

I've never eaten there but this is just to defend the first post theory. I surfed this forum for a long time before joining. What got me to join? A wicked bad overpriced meal at a famous Moultonboro establishment that everyone raved about, including my close friends. Yes, I got flamed a little but there was a surprising amount of people that agreed with me. I was just so po'd that I had to join to complain. This could be the case here but who knows? I have read some first review posts trashing restaurants that really seem to be disgruntled employees.
The Moultonboro establishment has since received excellent reviews but I cannot convince my better half to return.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:08 PM   #10
VtSteve

I was there a week ago today. Nice spot for sure. The service was excellent. I had a good lobster roll, not great, but good. Both our meals were very good. But that's the only time I've ever been there. I used to be religious about my always going to Harts as well. Two outings over the last few years cured me of the urge.

Every place can have a bad day, attitude in the kitchen, new staff, whatever. I hardly think anyone has to join the board to complain, you could have done it first hand. In fact, it's better to have a full review After you complain. {Stuff} happens.
VtSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 07:02 AM   #11
hockeypuck

Went to Dockside for the first time two weeks ago and found the food to be excellent our party of seven all had something different, scallops, shrimp, fish, fish and chips, captains platter. All said their meals were very good, plus you have a great view of the bay. All in all I would give it an 8 and would gladly return.
hockeypuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:12 AM   #12
Mee-n-Mac

Question Dockside or Town Docks

I believe the OP was really talking about the Town Docks in Meredith. Be aware there is a Dockside restaurant in Alton Bay. It's not fancy but the food is good, especially the haddock.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:54 AM   #13
Wolfeboro_Baja

There is also a Dockside Restaurant in Wolfeboro which is run/managed by the folks at Garwoods (to the best of my knowledge). I wonder if the Dockside in Alton Bay is another branch of the Dockside in Wolfeboro?
Old 08-31-2009, 11:33 AM   #14
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Nope

Totally diffferent entities, with no ties to each other.

Wolfeboro's Dockside is truly named Wolfeboro Dockside Grille & Dairy Bar, and is leased from the Town of Wolfeboro by Garwoods. For years, it was leased by "Bailey's".

Alton Dockside is privately owned.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:48 AM   #15
tis

Thanked 1,381 Times in 957 Posts

We have had good meals at the Dockside in Wolfeboro. And after Bailey's lost the lease, there were a few others in between.
tis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:04 PM   #16
nj2nh

We enjoyed the Town Docks last summer, but didn't make it there this year. That place is all about sitting outside at a picnic table with your feet in the sand. The food wasn't bad either. It was a wonderful overall experience.

We LOVE Dockside in Wolfeboro. Never had a bad meal. Their pulled pork is incredible.

Haven't been to Dockside in Alton in many years even though our house is there. No reason - just haven't done it. Will have to make it a priority next year. It was quite good before the new folks took over and I've no reason to believe it has changed.

nj2nh
Old 08-31-2009, 04:27 PM   #17
CGI3

Default my 1200.00 meal

Stopped in there last summer for my fried clam fix. There was 1 clam left on the plate that I considered feeding to a seagul that kept staring at me like he, or she had not eaten in days. I said to myself damn the seagul! I ate it. Clam contained a little pebble, not a shell mind you, a small pebble. Tooth hurt like hell for a few days. Approx. 1 week later, the tooth literally split in two. Went to the dentist (Dr. Finn, great dentist!) and cost me a whopping 1200.00 for a crown! Now I am not knocking the place as I have had many great meals there, but boy was that the most expensive fried clam plate I have EVER eaten!
CGI3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:17 PM   #18
jetskier

Talking ...a bird in hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGI3 View Post
Stopped in there last summer for my fried clam fix. There was 1 clam left on the plate that I considered feeding to a seagul that kept staring at me like he, or she had not eaten in days. I said to myself damn the seagul! I ate it. Clam contained a little pebble, not a shell mind you, a small pebble. Tooth hurt like hell for a few days. Approx. 1 week later, the tooth literally split in two. Went to the dentist (Dr. Finn, great dentist!) and cost me a whopping 1200.00 for a crown! Now I am not knocking the place as I have had many great meals there, but boy was that the most expensive fried clam plate I have EVER eaten!
I think that the gull probably has a better health care plan.
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 06:23 AM   #19
chipj29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskier View Post
I think that the gull probably has a better health care plan.
Ill-E-Gull immigrant?
Old 09-01-2009, 08:13 AM   #20
Argie's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipj29 View Post
Ill-E-Gull immigrant?
You're a sick, sick man... you know that?
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 12:23 PM   #21
SIKSUKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argie's Wife View Post
You're a sick, sick man... you know that?
I've met Chip a few times.He's very gull-able too!!!Notice the Ex-clam-mation points?Are you sure the clam didn't come from Sand-y Point?
Old 09-02-2009, 08:32 PM   #22
Mee-n-Mac

Wink The good Doctor ...

If you ask me there's something fishy about Doc Finn ! I mean really, $1200 for a tooth ?!? Now there's something to carp about !
Old 09-02-2009, 09:19 PM   #23
CGI3

Default My tooth

Lets get some input here. Whats the going rate for a crown?? He said he would pull it for 100.00, or crown it for 1200.00. I chose the later, and believe you me, I seriously considered having it pulled, and sticking a white chicklet in the dead spot. Did I get taken??? I have been a patient of his for over 20 years. Maybe time to shop around??
CGI3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:02 AM   #24
webmaster

Thanked 3,727 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGI3 View Post
Lets get some input here. Whats the going rate for a crown?? He said he would pull it for 100.00, or crown it for 1200.00. I chose the later, and believe you me, I seriously considered having it pulled, and sticking a white chicklet in the dead spot. Did I get taken??? I have been a patient of his for over 20 years. Maybe time to shop around??
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:23 AM   #25
brk-lnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mee-n-Mac View Post
If you ask me there's something fishy about Doc Finn ! I mean really, $1200 for a tooth ?!? Now there's something to carp about !
Perhaps he really wasn't that familiar with crown replacement and decided to just wing it?

One thing about local dentists though, you probably would have gotten the same treatment anywhere else... you know... birds of a feather...