Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2020, 06:43 AM   #1
LakeGirl72

Default Seven Suns - Wolfeboro

Does anybody know whats going on with Seven Suns in Wolfeboro? They were supposed to open back up October 1st...but now there's a sign on the window... ?
LakeGirl72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 06:57 AM   #2
winterh

I really like that place but I have to think they are another victim of the virus. I should say more a case of our hysterical over reaction to it than the virus itself. You only have a short window to make your money in a tourist area and you don't take September/foliage season off if it can be helped. Will there be any restaurants left after this winter?
winterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 08:44 AM   #3
Bigstan

Sure, looks like all of them ?

Who's closed to date ? Everyone's modified things, some have announced they've temporarily closed, but who's hung it up for good? Phu Jee is all I know of.

If we just lost a couple in a season that's pretty good for a year like this.
Bigstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 10:13 AM   #4
winterh

Every place has its own situation to deal with. Are they well capitalized? Did the landlord cut them some slack? Did they get PPP money? Did their site allow for takeout or outside dining? All those factors and more plus how much longer this drags on will determine who makes it. I am not in restaurant business but in another that has taken a direct hit so I know what they are going through. Good luck to all.
winterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 11:41 AM   #5
tis

Thanked 1,375 Times in 951 Posts

They said they were going to concentrate on the coffee business more and as I recall try to find a buyer for the crepes. So does that mean they won't open at that location?
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2020, 08:52 PM   #6
Flotnjr

I can't think it is lack of business- every Saturday there was a line longer than my telemarketers list... their food was spot on.
Flotnjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 05:09 PM   #7
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flotnjr View Post
I can't think it is lack of business- every Saturday there was a line longer than my telemarketers list... their food was spot on.
Seven Suns is terrific, and I look forward to seeing them reopen. It would definitely make Think's awesome breakfast list. But logistics is not their strong suit--they only have 1 or 2 crepe makers, and thus long wait times in normal circumstances. Toss in COVID disruption and skeleton staffing--it would have been a bad scene. Smart of them to focus on coffee. Keep hope alive for 2021!
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 02:45 PM   #8
Barbara

The owners posted on Facebook that the business has been sold. They are concentrating on their coffee roasting business.
Barbara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 08:50 PM   #9
LakeGirl72

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
They said they were going to concentrate on the coffee business more and as I recall try to find a buyer for the crepes. So does that mean they won't open at that location?
I hope they found a buyer that will keep it a creperie/ coffee shop!
LakeGirl72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 06:20 AM   #10
Winnigirl

While I loved their crepes, I will never forget the time I tried to buy a banana for my toddler and they refused to sell me one as those were for crepes only. Meanwhile, our order included several crepes and drinks but they wouldn’t budge on the damn banana. It became a family joke as their reaction was so over the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Winnigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 08:01 AM   #11
fatlazyless

Well, bananas sell for 49-cents/lb at the supermarket, so one very large banana costs about 22-cents, so from a restaurant's business perspective it makes good business sense to NOT be selling an individual banana as a banana. Is better to use it in higher priced menu items. ...

Yes, we have no bananas, NO BANANAS, no not for you! ......

Last edited by fatlazyless; 10-26-2020 at 07:58 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 10:16 AM   #12
Susie Cougar

He only wanted one banana, not 10. That was very bad business practice for the owner not to sell him one. I’m sure he would’ve gladly paid a dollar so his toddler could have his banana. I can’t imagine that would even happen once a day. I would have never gone back.
Susie Cougar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 10:51 AM   #13
Mr. V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie Cougar View Post
He only wanted one banana, not 10. That was very bad business practice for the owner not to sell him one. I’m sure he would’ve gladly paid a dollar so his toddler could have his banana. I can’t imagine that would even happen once a day. I would have never gone back.
For all we know banana crepes could be popular and maybe the owner was very low on bananas that day.

Were I the owner and asked to sell one banana, knowing it would cause an immediate banana shortage in my creperie resulting in the loss of sale of several profitable banana crepes, I'd balk also.

Gotta make as much money in this wicked world as we reasonably can.

Complaining about this makes as much sense as bad-mouthing a pizzeria for not agreeing to sell someone a quarter pound of mozzarella.

Hello, supermarket?
Old 10-22-2020, 12:12 PM   #14
barefootbay

Restaurants are not grocery stores which there are several of a stones throw from Seven Sons where a single banana could have been easily purchased.
barefootbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 12:24 PM   #15
Susie Cougar

Too funny 😂
Susie Cougar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 01:23 PM   #16
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootbay View Post
Restaurants are not grocery stores which there are several of a stones throw from Seven Sons where a single banana could have been easily purchased.
Did you just defend a restaurant who refused to sell a banana to a customer? He didn't ask for a Densuke watermelon!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 01:46 PM   #17
camp guy

Default Seven Suns

When Seven Suns first opened, I went in and was looking at the extensive list of coffee offerings posted on the wall. After several minutes, a young gentleman (whom I came to learn was the owner) approached me and asked what I would like. I told him I wasn't familiar with all these choices, but could I just have a cup of regular coffee, to which he replied, "I don't think this store is for you". I haven't set foot in there since.
camp guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to camp guy For This Useful Post:
Winnigirl (10-23-2020)
Old 10-22-2020, 03:09 PM   #18
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp guy View Post
When Seven Suns first opened, I went in and was looking at the extensive list of coffee offerings posted on the wall. After several minutes, a young gentleman (whom I came to learn was the owner) approached me and asked what I would like. I told him I wasn't familiar with all these choices, but could I just have a cup of regular coffee, to which he replied, "I don't think this store is for you". I haven't set foot in there since.
I could go either way on the banana, but what he did to you is really bad. Maybe they switched to coffee because they realized the restaurant business was not for them? I don't say that to be judgmental or harsh. Just that this is a hospitality business, and obviously this guy thought it was just about having the best food or most precious coffee.
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 03:21 PM   #19
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
I could go either way on the banana, but what he did to you is really bad. Maybe they switched to coffee because they realized the restaurant business was not for them? I don't say that to be judgmental or harsh. Just that this is a hospitality business, and obviously this guy thought it was just about having the best food or most precious coffee.
FS, how dare you take the middle road on such a divisive issue as banana sales?!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 12:23 PM   #20
Mr. V

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
FS, how dare you take the middle road on such a divisive issue as banana sales?!
It's a slippery issue that does have a peel.
ApS (10-31-2020), LakeGirl72 (10-31-2020), rander7823 (10-28-2020)
Old 10-31-2020, 04:22 PM   #21
ushaggerb

Regarding Banana-Gate, what they might have done is make it up to you in some other way.
ushaggerb is offline   Reply With Quote