Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2020, 10:54 AM   #1
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts
Default Ellacoya Gift Cards

Ellacoya is doing a gift card sale much like Common Man does each year. They are offering a 20% gift card discount on 2020 Black Friday ONLY, then a 10% discount until December 15, 2020
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joey2665 For This Useful Post:
barndoor (11-13-2020), covelife (11-13-2020)
Old 11-13-2020, 11:24 AM   #2
ishoot308

Thanked 4,904 Times in 1,897 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
Ellacoya is doing a gift card sale much like Common Man does each year. They are offering a 20% gift card discount on 2020 Black Friday ONLY, then a 10% discount until December 15, 2020
We were there this past Monday and food was great!

Thanks for the heads up!

Dan
joey2665 (11-13-2020)
Old 11-13-2020, 12:03 PM   #3
TheTimeTraveler

Quote:
Folks; Gift Cards are usually great, but not so great if the business should happen to fail or close it's doors.

Some years back I got stuck with a bunch of "Picadilly Pub" gift cards which they sold right up until the day of the Super Bowl, and closed the very next day.

FYI: Picadilly Pub had multiple locations in Massachusetts. Anyone remember it?
TheTimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 12:22 PM   #4
joey2665

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimeTraveler View Post
Folks; Gift Cards are usually great, but not so great if the business should happen to fail or close it's doors.

Some years back I got stuck with a bunch of "Picadilly Pub" gift cards which they sold right up until the day of the Super Bowl, and closed the very next day.

Honestly? These local restaurants need all the help and cash flow they can get. Ellacoya and Common Man have been established busy restaurants for years. The risk is low and the discount is awesome. Help them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to joey2665 For This Useful Post:
Descant (11-13-2020), ishoot308 (11-13-2020), Overlake97 (11-17-2020), rander7823 (11-17-2020), Slickcraft (11-13-2020), Susie Cougar (11-14-2020), upthesaukee (11-13-2020)
Old 11-13-2020, 05:17 PM   #5
gillygirl

Quote:

I used to go to the one in North Reading.

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Bumble2249 (11-16-2020)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2020, 06:52 PM   #6
LoveLakeLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillygirl View Post
I used to go to the one in North Reading.

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
I went to the Piccadilly Pub in Randolph.

LoveLakeLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 01:25 PM   #7
Mr. V

OK, so why are gift cards a boon to businesses now?

On the positive side they have the immediate use of the money, without having to provide anything now.

Ka-ching, money spent.

At some future date they must provide goods and services and not receive any payment for it at that time.

I've been burned on a couple gift cards: never again.

Just give cash.
Bumble2249 (11-16-2020)
Old 11-15-2020, 03:59 PM   #8
winniwannabe

I buy gift cards every year for Patrick's Pub and CJ's. I'm in MA most of the year but when we're up there we always frequent our favorite restaurants.
Hart's Turkey Farm is a new fave.
For those who had Piccadilly Pub gift cards...shame on you for not redeeming them or not contacting the state Atty. General. I had Sears gift cards and used them online. I think I'll look into Ellacoya for a new venue. Wow...hungry!
winniwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 01:18 AM   #9
Bumble2249

Quote:

I remember it quite well...but there's no reason to suggest that the Ellacoya may live up to such a reputation..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-16-2020, 08:39 AM   #10
Biggd

Thanked 1,065 Times in 672 Posts

Quote:

Honestly, the first time I went into a Picadilly Pub I knew it wasn't going to be around too long. It's not a place I would have bought a gift card to but maybe it was just the one I went to in Waltham.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 11:50 PM   #11
baygo

Default Tavern 27 COVID 19 adaptation.

In recap, I share that on March 1, 2020 we shut down Tavern 27 as planned to take our entire staff to Florida for two weeks in a beach house as a reward for their outstanding and dedicated service to what many have labeled, over a decade, as an outstanding dining experience in the Lakes Region. Our return from that adventure was met by state mandates which inhibited us from execution and delivery of the product we passionately pursued. This led to over 90 consecutive days without as much as a single dollar income to our operation. Upon permit to accommodate outside dinning we opted to utilize our mobile kitchen to support an outdoor bar with a lighter fare until COVID 19 passes. This strategy proved to be successful through the summer months and continues to hold it own as we have put forward an effort to heat the space hopefully adequately enough to continue through the winter.

The lost revenues from the tavern has been somewhat devastating, There has been a wonderful silver lining on this cloud. Our golf course which had struggled to attract play for the past decade, exploded. The large number of people who came to play, and then returned to play, provided light at the end of the tunnel for us. We are very optimistic about the summer season of 2021 in light of that.

Our optimism however is tarnished with a bit of skepticism based on our understanding of the process associated with the introduction of a COVID-19 vaccine. Our understanding is that the vaccine will likely be distributed first to the elderly, second to the front line workers, third to essential workers. Our assumption is fourth in line will be workers within the restaurant and hospitality industry. We are incline to take a “wait and see” approach in regards to the safety, privacy, and long term affects of the vaccine. We understand that this approach may jeopardize our ability to renew licensing as it is likely that license renewal will be contingent upon acceptance of the vaccine. It stresses us a great deal to have to make a choice between the operations of our business or the safety of our health.

I know that many are thinking that a gift card purchase from us would help and put a smile on the face of whom ever you you intend to give the card to, however in light of our understanding of the challenges put in front of us we will not be selling gift cards to the tavern during this holiday season because we know that smile would turn into a frown if we were unable to honor the card. We donÂ’t like frowns. We optimistically believe that we will be able to continue golf course operations in the spring and therefore will sell gift cards for golf. If our reaction to the current situation turns out to be an overreaction, we will gladly honor golf gift cards in the tavern should the recipient desire.

Cheers to all, and let’s always give consideration to others as we are trying to protect ourself.
baygo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to baygo For This Useful Post:
joey2665 (11-21-2020)
Old 11-21-2020, 06:46 AM   #12
joey2665

Quote:
Originally Posted by baygo View Post
In recap, I share that on March 1, 2020 we shut down Tavern 27 as planned to take our entire staff to Florida for two weeks in a beach house as a reward for their outstanding and dedicated service to what many have labeled, over a decade, as an outstanding dining experience in the Lakes Region. Our return from that adventure was met by state mandates which inhibited us from execution and delivery of the product we passionately pursued. This led to over 90 consecutive days without as much as a single dollar income to our operation. Upon permit to accommodate outside dinning we opted to utilize our mobile kitchen to support an outdoor bar with a lighter fare until COVID 19 passes. This strategy proved to be successful through the summer months and continues to hold it own as we have put forward an effort to heat the space hopefully adequately enough to continue through the winter.

The lost revenues from the tavern has been somewhat devastating, There has been a wonderful silver lining on this cloud. Our golf course which had struggled to attract play for the past decade, exploded. The large number of people who came to play, and then returned to play, provided light at the end of the tunnel for us. We are very optimistic about the summer season of 2021 in light of that.

Our optimism however is tarnished with a bit of skepticism based on our understanding of the process associated with the introduction of a COVID-19 vaccine. Our understanding is that the vaccine will likely be distributed first to the elderly, second to the front line workers, third to essential workers. Our assumption is fourth in line will be workers within the restaurant and hospitality industry. We are incline to take a “wait and see” approach in regards to the safety, privacy, and long term affects of the vaccine. We understand that this approach may jeopardize our ability to renew licensing as it is likely that license renewal will be contingent upon acceptance of the vaccine. It stresses us a great deal to have to make a choice between the operations of our business or the safety of our health.

I know that many are thinking that a gift card purchase from us would help and put a smile on the face of whom ever you you intend to give the card to, however in light of our understanding of the challenges put in front of us we will not be selling gift cards to the tavern during this holiday season because we know that smile would turn into a frown if we were unable to honor the card. We donÂ’t like frowns. We optimistically believe that we will be able to continue golf course operations in the spring and therefore will sell gift cards for golf. If our reaction to the current situation turns out to be an overreaction, we will gladly honor golf gift cards in the tavern should the recipient desire.

Cheers to all, and let’s always give consideration to others as we are trying to protect ourself.
Thank you for the information and update we wish you the best of luck!!

Question: Are you saying to renew your liquor license the state my require your patrons to have taken the vaccine or your workers must be vaccinated? Or both ?

Old 11-21-2020, 07:25 AM   #13
MotorHead

Ellacoya has good burgers. They are yummy.
MotorHead is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MotorHead For This Useful Post:
joey2665 (11-21-2020)
Old 11-21-2020, 08:36 AM   #14
baygo

Quote:
Thank you for the information and update we wish you the best of luck!!

Question: Are you saying to renew your liquor license the state my require your patrons to have taken the vaccine or your workers must be vaccinated? Or both ?

Thank you for your kind regards.

There is no mandate or requirement for a restaurant owners/employees to take the vaccination at this time to my knowledge. As the distribution seasons of the vaccine unfold it appears as though it will not be available for other than medical and essential workers until sometime in the spring. I am making the assumption that once the aforementioned have been accommodated the next segment will be the restaurant industry. It is also my assumption that if a restaurant worker or operating owner refuse the vaccine, the response to such a situation by government will be suspension or non-renewal of the operating license.
baygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 10:04 AM   #15
joey2665

Quote:
Originally Posted by baygo View Post
Thank you for your kind regards.

There is no mandate or requirement for a restaurant owners/employees to take the vaccination at this time to my knowledge. As the distribution seasons of the vaccine unfold it appears as though it will not be available for other than medical and essential workers until sometime in the spring. I am making the assumption that once the aforementioned have been accommodated the next segment will be the restaurant industry. It is also my assumption that if a restaurant worker or operating owner refuse the vaccine, the response to such a situation by government will be suspension or non-renewal of the operating license.
Thank you for the clarification. I appreciate it very much. It could be disastrous if they require Resturant workers to be vaccinated. I really feel for your industry it’s been definitely hit the hardest.