Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery YouTube Channel Classifieds Links Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2018, 06:51 AM   #1
ishoot308
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Gilford, NH / Welch Island
Posts: 4,027
Thanks: 1,359
Thanked 2,819 Times in 1,060 Posts
Default Picollo Market?

Went to Moultonborough on Friday and was hoping to stop by Picollo on the way but it was gone! Didn’t hear about it closing down here on the forum. Anyone know what happened?

Dan
__________________
It's Always Sunny On Welch Island!!

Last edited by ishoot308; 04-17-2018 at 01:22 PM.
ishoot308 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:49 AM   #2
Hillcountry
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: In the hills
Posts: 1,236
Thanks: 614
Thanked 245 Times in 157 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Went to Moultonborough on Friday and was hoping to stop by Picollo on the way but it was gone! Didn’t hear about it closing down here on the forum. Anyone know what happened?

Dan
Geeze that would be terrible. I called just now and got their answering machine that tells their hours...are you sure you went to the right strip mall? There are a couple of them in that area.
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:55 AM   #3
ishoot308
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Gilford, NH / Welch Island
Posts: 4,027
Thanks: 1,359
Thanked 2,819 Times in 1,060 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillcountry View Post
Geeze that would be terrible. I called just now and got their answering machine that tells their hours...are you sure you went to the right strip mall? There are a couple of them in that area.
It’s quite possible I was at the wrong strip mall...I hope so as I really liked their food when I went by for the first time last year...

Dan
__________________
It's Always Sunny On Welch Island!!
ishoot308 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:56 AM   #4
fatlazyless
Senior Member
 
fatlazyless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,733
Thanks: 183
Thanked 409 Times in 300 Posts
Default

Here's their menu from June, 2017 ...

https://piccolomarket.weebly.com/menu.html .... just my guess, was too up-scale, too high quality, too expensive .... not enough local customers especially through the winter months to keep it going ..... this area is more about chomping down a $4.50 Sam's frozen 4-cheese pizza from you know where .... wally-world ...aka Walmart .... which, by the way, does not get hit with the 9% prepared NH food tax because it is frozen.

Most everyone probably thinks long and hard about that 9% tax before going to a restaurant ...... don't you? So, by warming up a frozen pizza, you get to cut pizza, and cut taxes with each slice ...... ho-buoy ..... is making me hungry!

So, what's the last line at the bottom of the Piccolo menu?

"* Tax is NOT included in the above prices."
__________________
Down & out, livn that Walmart side of the lake!
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 08:35 AM   #5
Nagigator
Senior Member
 
Nagigator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Central Ma.
Posts: 249
Thanks: 193
Thanked 39 Times in 32 Posts
Default oh no!

Please say it isn't so. They have the BEST pizza!
Nagigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2018, 08:40 AM   #6
Hillcountry
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: In the hills
Posts: 1,236
Thanks: 614
Thanked 245 Times in 157 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagigator View Post
Please say it isn't so. They have the BEST pizza!
I agree! “The Goodfella’s” pie is literally, the best I have ever tasted!

FLL knows not of what he speaks...when you want top quality product you gladly pay for it, unlike FLL...
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 08:49 AM   #7
ishoot308
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Gilford, NH / Welch Island
Posts: 4,027
Thanks: 1,359
Thanked 2,819 Times in 1,060 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillcountry View Post
I agree! “The Goodfella’s” pie is literally, the best I have ever tasted!

FLL knows not of what he speaks...when you want top quality product you gladly pay for it, unlike FLL...
I agree Hill about their Goodfella. Here it is!

https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums...hlight=Picollo

Dan
__________________
It's Always Sunny On Welch Island!!
ishoot308 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 11:48 AM   #8
jeffatsquam
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: moultonborough/sandwich
Posts: 174
Thanks: 172
Thanked 68 Times in 43 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
It’s quite possible I was at the wrong strip mall...I hope so as I really liked their food when I went by for the first time last year...

Dan
It's next to Dunkin' Donuts, I hope its not gone
jeffatsquam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 02:40 PM   #9
Hillcountry
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: In the hills
Posts: 1,236
Thanks: 614
Thanked 245 Times in 157 Posts
Default

Just called again and they’re closed today but open tomorrow! Yay!
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 03:21 PM   #10
Nagigator
Senior Member
 
Nagigator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Central Ma.
Posts: 249
Thanks: 193
Thanked 39 Times in 32 Posts
Default

I second that. Yay!
Nagigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 04:10 PM   #11
garysanfran
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Francisco/Meredith
Posts: 571
Thanks: 146
Thanked 204 Times in 93 Posts
Default Happy to hear...

Picolos is still healthy...

Not sure where else one would get "A's Do Mar Tonno" trancio intero
__________________
Gary
~~~~_/) ~~~
~~~~~~~~
garysanfran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 04:13 PM   #12
radiocontester
Senior Member
 
radiocontester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Southern NH
Posts: 141
Thanks: 36
Thanked 34 Times in 17 Posts
Default

How about deleting this fake news thread?
radiocontester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 04:30 PM   #13
noreast
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 649
Thanks: 317
Thanked 119 Times in 92 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Here's their menu from June, 2017 ...

https://piccolomarket.weebly.com/menu.html .... just my guess, was too up-scale, too high quality, too expensive .... not enough local customers especially through the winter months to keep it going ..... this area is more about chomping down a $4.50 Sam's frozen 4-cheese pizza from you know where .... wally-world ...aka Walmart .... which, by the way, does not get hit with the 9% prepared NH food tax because it is frozen.

Most everyone probably thinks long and hard about that 9% tax before going to a restaurant ...... don't you? So, by warming up a frozen pizza, you get to cut pizza, and cut taxes with each slice ...... ho-buoy ..... is making me hungry!

So, what's the last line at the bottom of the Piccolo menu?

"* Tax is NOT included in the above prices."
No way, If it's very good enough people will pay.
noreast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 06:46 PM   #14
Rusty
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,906
Thanks: 563
Thanked 641 Times in 398 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiocontester View Post
How about deleting this fake news thread?
Why delete this thread?? He was just asking a question about something that concerned him about a popular market and got an answer.
Nothing fake about that.
__________________
It's never crowded along the extra mile.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:17 PM   #15
radiocontester
Senior Member
 
radiocontester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Southern NH
Posts: 141
Thanks: 36
Thanked 34 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Title of thread is placing doubt on reality. Reality being that Picollo Market is still in business. A basic search on google would have answered the original question.....preventing a state of panic that the business had possibly closed.
radiocontester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:29 PM   #16
jeffk
Senior Member
 
jeffk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Center Harbor
Posts: 791
Thanks: 130
Thanked 193 Times in 112 Posts
Default

Is it possible for the thread owner to edit the name, maybe to add something like (Oops, false alarm)?
jeffk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:29 PM   #17
ishoot308
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Gilford, NH / Welch Island
Posts: 4,027
Thanks: 1,359
Thanked 2,819 Times in 1,060 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiocontester View Post
Title of thread is placing doubt on reality. Reality being that Picollo Market is still in business. A basic search on google would have answered the original question.....preventing a state of panic that the business had possibly closed.
Title of thread has a question mark at the end. I was simply asking a question as we thought the store was gone, possibly moved to a new location?? Obviously It is not and a couple posts later confirmed that. I sure do apologize for any “state of panic” that may have occurred.

Dan
__________________
It's Always Sunny On Welch Island!!
ishoot308 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:35 PM   #18
Doobs41378
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 446
Thanks: 37
Thanked 62 Times in 51 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiocontester View Post
Title of thread is placing doubt on reality. Reality being that Picollo Market is still in business. A basic search on google would have answered the original question.....preventing a state of panic that the business had possibly closed.


Lighten up Francis


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Doobs41378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:47 PM   #19
radiocontester
Senior Member
 
radiocontester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Southern NH
Posts: 141
Thanks: 36
Thanked 34 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobs41378 View Post
Lighten up Francis


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

LOL....thanks Mr. Sawyer.
radiocontester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 07:54 AM   #20
rsmlp
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 320
Thanks: 3
Thanked 76 Times in 36 Posts
Default Seriously?

This is the BEST free advertisement they could have received!
rsmlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 08:27 AM   #21
Hillcountry
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: In the hills
Posts: 1,236
Thanks: 614
Thanked 245 Times in 157 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmlp View Post
This is the BEST free advertisement they could have received!
I’m happy to give them “free” advertising anytime! They deserve it!
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 08:43 AM   #22
rsmlp
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 320
Thanks: 3
Thanked 76 Times in 36 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillcountry View Post
I’m happy to give them “free” advertising anytime! They deserve it!

So I heard VK is closed...
rsmlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 10:30 AM   #23
jeffatsquam
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: moultonborough/sandwich
Posts: 174
Thanks: 172
Thanked 68 Times in 43 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmlp View Post
So I heard VK is closed...
They are always closed on Mondays, accept on Holidays. They have the best waitress in the Lakes Region.
jeffatsquam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:01 AM   #24
Newbiesaukee
Senior Member
 
Newbiesaukee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Coral Gables, winter; Long Island, summer
Posts: 928
Thanks: 462
Thanked 286 Times in 150 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffatsquam View Post
They are always closed on Mondays, accept on Holidays. They have the best waitress in the Lakes Region.
Agree....but I’d plural “waitress.”
__________________


"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 01:06 PM   #25
mishman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 83
Thanks: 4
Thanked 21 Times in 11 Posts
Default Piccolo Market NOT closed

I agree the title of this thread should be changed by original poster. Some people won't even bother to read thread - they will just assume the market is closed. Small businesses have a hard enough time without negative (and untrue) publicity. Piccolo Market is one of the very best things to happen to eating in Moultonborough in a long, long time. They use topnotch ingredients and produce a quality product at a reasonable price. Their catering is fantastic and dare I say a bargain compared to any other caterers in the area. PLEASE change the title of this thread!! Thanks
mishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 01:14 PM   #26
jbolty
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 289
Thanks: 49
Thanked 99 Times in 45 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishman View Post
I agree the title of this thread should be changed by original poster. Some people won't even bother to read thread - they will just assume the market is closed. Small businesses have a hard enough time without negative (and untrue) publicity. Piccolo Market is one of the very best things to happen to eating in Moultonborough in a long, long time. They use topnotch ingredients and produce a quality product at a reasonable price. Their catering is fantastic and dare I say a bargain compared to any other caterers in the area. PLEASE change the title of this thread!! Thanks
Agree totally; deleting it all together would be better since it serves no purpose . It was a simple misunderstanding but as mentioned, someone casually scrolling along will see it and get the idea to place is closed.

I manage a couple other forums that have way, way more traffic than this one and vague and misleading thread titles cause all sorts of confusion and cascading problems because most people don't take the time to look beyond the heading.
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 01:39 PM   #27
Hillcountry
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: In the hills
Posts: 1,236
Thanks: 614
Thanked 245 Times in 157 Posts
Default

The sky is falling...the sky is falling!
No reason to delete this thread as anyone with an interest in whether they are open or closed WILL read on and see, to their delight, that Piccolo’s is alive and well!
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 01:48 PM   #28
ishoot308
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Gilford, NH / Welch Island
Posts: 4,027
Thanks: 1,359
Thanked 2,819 Times in 1,060 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishman View Post
I agree the title of this thread should be changed by original poster. Some people won't even bother to read thread - they will just assume the market is closed. Small businesses have a hard enough time without negative (and untrue) publicity. Piccolo Market is one of the very best things to happen to eating in Moultonborough in a long, long time. They use topnotch ingredients and produce a quality product at a reasonable price. Their catering is fantastic and dare I say a bargain compared to any other caterers in the area. PLEASE change the title of this thread!! Thanks
I did change the title but I can't change what is says on the "forum page title". I believe only Don can do that...
__________________
It's Always Sunny On Welch Island!!
ishoot308 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 03:10 AM   #29
VictorL
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I shopped there yesterday.


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
VictorL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 12:54 PM   #30
garysanfran
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Francisco/Meredith
Posts: 571
Thanks: 146
Thanked 204 Times in 93 Posts
Default

Someone once originated the saying...

"Even bad publicity, is better than no publicity at all"

As soon as I saw the title, I got concerned because I know the place, and go there. If you didn't know of the place, and didn't open the thread, no harm. If you didn't know of the place, but opened the thread and found not only is it open, it's a great place to become aware of...A great gain for Piccolo.

Now, I'm think of the place frequently. I can't wait to get back there and get a half-baked pizza and finish it in my oven. Then, wait for ice-out with a big satisfied smiley-face.
__________________
Gary
~~~~_/) ~~~
~~~~~~~~
garysanfran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 01:44 PM   #31
Hillcountry
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: In the hills
Posts: 1,236
Thanks: 614
Thanked 245 Times in 157 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garysanfran View Post
Someone once originated the saying...

"Even bad publicity, is better than no publicity at all"

As soon as I saw the title, I got concerned because I know the place, and go there. If you didn't know of the place, and didn't open the thread, no harm. If you didn't know of the place, but opened the thread and found not only is it open, it's a great place to become aware of...A great gain for Piccolo.

Now, I'm think of the place frequently. I can't wait to get back there and get a half-baked pizza and finish it in my oven. Then, wait for ice-out with a big satisfied smiley-face.
Well said! I’m thinking of them too. Only one problem I don’t think my oven is big enough to hold a large Goodfella unless I halve it...that would be sacreligious in my mind...soooo good to get it hot from their oven and devour as much as possible right there in their shop! Then we get leftovers to take home!
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 02:12 PM   #32
jbolty
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 289
Thanks: 49
Thanked 99 Times in 45 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorL View Post
I shopped there yesterday.


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Weird. I thought it was closed.
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 02:27 PM   #33
Billy Bob
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tiera Verdi Fl & Moultonborough
Posts: 205
Thanks: 78
Thanked 89 Times in 57 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
Weird. I thought it was closed.
I heard the same thing on the internet so it must be true
Billy Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 03:04 PM   #34
garysanfran
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Francisco/Meredith
Posts: 571
Thanks: 146
Thanked 204 Times in 93 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillcountry View Post
Well said! I’m thinking of them too. Only one problem I don’t think my oven is big enough to hold a large Goodfella unless I halve it...that would be sacreligious in my mind...soooo good to get it hot from their oven and devour as much as possible right there in their shop! Then we get leftovers to take home!
Last time I had him cut it in half, because you are right...It won't fit into most ovens. It worked out well. I think late last year he came out with a smaller one to address that issue.
__________________
Gary
~~~~_/) ~~~
~~~~~~~~
garysanfran is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

This page was generated in 0.33610 seconds