Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Automotive
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2021, 10:44 AM   #1
SailinAway

Default Kia Soul mechanical reliabilty

I've been looking for a Kia Soul for a couple of years. Reason: I need a compact car with lots of volume in the back with the seats down for multisport camping trips where I have gear for camping, kayaking, biking, and hiking. Also for hauling yard debris to the dump and home maintenance stuff from Home Depot. The Toyota Rav4 and Honda CR-V are too big for me.

Until very recently, the mechanical reliability ratings for the Soul were excellent, even above the Honda Fit. Then I started hearing about engine problems in certain model years. Does anyone have any more information about this, or personal experience?
SailinAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 03:32 PM   #2
LikeLakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailinAway View Post
I've been looking for a Kia Soul for a couple of years. Reason: I need a compact car with lots of volume in the back with the seats down for multisport camping trips where I have gear for camping, kayaking, biking, and hiking. Also for hauling yard debris to the dump and home maintenance stuff from Home Depot. The Toyota Rav4 and Honda CR-V are too big for me.

Until very recently, the mechanical reliability ratings for the Soul were excellent, even above the Honda Fit. Then I started hearing about engine problems in certain model years. Does anyone have any more information about this, or personal experience?
No personal experience. I believe there was a class action suit on some Kia's and Hyundai's but I don't think the Soul was a part of it. Depending on how old a model year you are looking at you may be able to buy one with a lot of the factory warranty left on it, Kia tends to have very good warranties.

If the Rav-4 and CR-V are too big, maybe a Suburu Forester? My daughter has one, I've found it to be the most room in a small car I've ever experienced. Suburu had engine problems in certain years as well but you'd have to look into the specific years to be sure.
LikeLakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 03:52 PM   #3
TheProfessor

All/every vehicle will have some issues in some years.
For example the Toyota RAV4 certain years had oil burning issues as Toyota put in incorrect piston rings. Toyota never notified customers.

"The 2012-2016 Kia Souls tend to be the least reliable, with engine failure at under 100k miles being common.

The best years for the Soul are 2017 to 2020, which saw Kia correcting course, with a dramatic decline in severe issues."

LINK

Last edited by TheProfessor; 11-30-2021 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Mice in walls.
TheProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheProfessor For This Useful Post:
SailinAway (12-03-2021)
Old 11-30-2021, 10:18 PM   #4
John Mercier

If you can get an engine warranty of 100K and a failure before then, I would expect at least you could get a new engine.
John Mercier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 07:45 AM   #5
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,146 Times in 893 Posts

Just be careful who you buy an aftermarket warranty from. Some of those smaller warranty companies are here today, gone tomorrow. (With your money!)
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2021, 09:54 AM   #6
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
Just be careful who you buy an aftermarket warranty from. Some of those smaller warranty companies are here today, gone tomorrow. (With your money!)
Agreed. A note that I used Granite State Credit Union for a car loan once and bought their extended warranty. It was very reasonably priced, and I was weirded out by how easy it was to use. In fact, they rejected a claim once (it was on a Wrangler, so there were a few claims!), but I appealed the decision and they ended up taking care of it. Were I to want/need an aftermarket warranty, I'd work through GSCU in a heartbeat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 12:32 AM   #7
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProfessor View Post
For example the Toyota RAV4 certain years had oil burning issues as Toyota put in incorrect piston rings. Toyota never notified customers.
Not quite accurate. It took Toyota some time to confirm the condition and the remediation for it.

http://media.fixed-ops.com/Toy_Campaigns/ze7-dlrltr.pdf

The last 3 pages of this are the notifications sent out to affected owners.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 02:43 PM   #8
SailinAway

Quote:
All/every vehicle will have some issues in some years.

"The 2012-2016 Kia Souls tend to be the least reliable, with engine failure at under 100k miles being common.

The best years for the Soul are 2017 to 2020, which saw Kia correcting course, with a dramatic decline in severe issues."

LINK
Thank you, Professor. That link is helpful.
Old 12-03-2021, 03:34 PM   #9
FlyingScot

You might want to check out Subarus. My kids have had 3--very well made, comfortable, and outdoorsy. I have been a big fan of Hondas and Toyotas in the past; I think these are better, and a better value.
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlyingScot For This Useful Post:
LikeLakes (12-03-2021), trfour (12-03-2021)
Old 12-03-2021, 07:18 PM   #10
fatlazyless

The Kia Soul looks a lot like the Geo Tracker that was made back, back, back in the 1990's. The Geo Tracker was a mini-suv with 4wd.

After the old Geo Tracker faded away, it went way, way, way up to heaven, and came back, back, back down to earth as a totally improved and re-engineered car made for driving and economy, named the KIA SOUL. It has the soul of a Geo Tracker with the improved design and ride made by the designers and engineers at KIA.

...... Viva Las Kia Soul! ....... www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz3MxCnKKzM ..... "Why I chose to live in a KIA Soul "..... April 4, 2019 ..... 9:35 ..... you never leave home without it, because it is your home ...... the Kia Soul, permanent live-in model, when you can no longer afford your rent. ....

Here's another permanent live-in Kia Soul from May 14, 2021 ...... www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU3LSnN1MEQ ..... "Full Time Kia Soul Life/Full Tour" ..... 14:06 with Mindy and she does a much better job showing the vehicle interior inside her Kia Soul, live-in life. Check out the incredibly neat and organized kitchen area, on top the passenger seat, including a very fresh looking bunch of bananas.

Like, you never-ever hear about people living inside their Subaru, but you do hear about people living inside their Kia Soul. And, the #1 reason for this is the very good reliability that comes with the Kia Soul! Iff'n you gonna live inside your car, it better be the incredibly reliable Kia Soul which bascally will never-ever let you down with a mechanical problem, or even a tire with low air pressure ........ never! ...... not the Kia Soul ...... Ole & Viva las Kia Soul!

The least expensive Kia Soul I can find nearby is a black 2011 Kia Soul Exclaim, 160k-miles, auto transmission, Westford Massachusetts Craigslist, price $3900, sold by private owner ...... is destined to go all the way to 500,000-miles with no mechanical problemo's ..... OLE Las Kia Soul!

Starting with the 2022 model year, the all new Kia Soul will be coming standard with a 5-speed manual transmission, am-fm radio w/ both cassette and cd player, and side vent windows that actually open ...... $17499-new ...... Ole Las Kia Soul!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 12-05-2021 at 07:06 PM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 02:27 PM   #11
SailinAway

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Starting with the 2022 model year . . . $17499-new
I doubt that price. There are used 2019s listed at about that price.
Old 12-08-2021, 08:55 AM   #12
TheProfessor

Quote:
Starting with the 2022 model year, the all new Kia Soul will be coming standard with a 5-speed manual transmission, am-fm radio w/ both cassette and cd player, and side vent windows that actually open ...... $17499-new ...... Ole Las Kia Soul!

Quote:
I doubt that price. There are used 2019s listed at about that price.
Correct.

In fact, Dan O'Brien KIA in Concord, NH ADDS a $4,000 price adjustment to the MSRP sticker price for a KIA Soul.

The least expensive base model in Concord is $24,000. That is the base model with no options.

Today, one would be lucky to find any new vehicle at a full MSRP without any added fees or added charges.
TheProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 04:26 PM   #13
FlyingScot

Quote:
Correct.

In fact, Dan O'Brien KIA in Concord, NH ADDS a $4,000 price adjustment to the MSRP sticker price for a KIA Soul.

The least expensive base model in Concord is $24,000. That is the base model with no options.

Today, one would be lucky to find any new vehicle at a full MSRP without any added fees or added charges.
Or just determined. We helped my daughter buy a Subaru Impreza a month or so ago. The dealer in Belmont, Mass wanted $3,000 over list. (On a $20,000 car) Five minutes on the phone enabled us to get the identical car from Acton, Mass for list price.

When these guys try to take advantage of the situation, the best thing to do is pick up the phone
Old 12-09-2021, 10:52 AM   #14
SailinAway

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
Or just determined. We helped my daughter buy a Subaru Impreza a month or so ago. The dealer in Belmont, Mass wanted $3,000 over list. (On a $20,000 car) Five minutes on the phone enabled us to get the identical car from Acton, Mass for list price.

When these guys try to take advantage of the situation, the best thing to do is pick up the phone
I offered under the advertised price for a used Kia Soul and was turned down flat by the dealership. They wouldn't budge from their price. Maybe they were waiting for an offer over the advertised price.

Regarding Subarus, I lost my respect for Subaru after helping a friend get the head gaskets replaced on a Forester with 85,000 miles. It was a major headache---only a well-informed and persistent consumer could figure out which replacement gasket was needed and avoid old stock in the warehouses by demanding to know the serial number. The problem lasted from 1998 through at least 2011, which is a very long period to not acknowledge and fix a problem, with no recalls. Imagine what all those owners went through trying to fix the problem and trying to get compensation from Subaru. For me it will take a long time for Subaru to earn back its reputation.
Old 12-09-2021, 11:06 AM   #15
TheTimeTraveler

Quote:
I offered under the advertised price for a used Kia Soul and was turned down flat by the dealership. They wouldn't budge from their price. Maybe they were waiting for an offer over the advertised price.

Regarding Subarus, I lost my respect for Subaru after helping a friend get the head gaskets replaced on a Forester with 85,000 miles. It was a major headache---only a well-informed and persistent consumer could figure out which replacement gasket was needed and avoid old stock in the warehouses by demanding to know the serial number. The problem lasted from 1998 through at least 2011, which is a very long period to not acknowledge and fix a problem, with no recalls. Imagine what all those owners went through trying to fix the problem and trying to get compensation from Subaru. For me it will take a long time for Subaru to earn back its reputation.
This is one of the reasons that the Subaru Forester switched to a timing chain beginning in 2012 (something they should have done years previous).

The Subaru Forester is generally one of the best vehicles you can buy according to Consumer Reports (and has been for many years).
TheTimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 01:04 PM   #16
fatlazyless

Is too bad Subaru doesn't come with just front wheel drive. Unless you got a steep driveway or a snow covered steep back road, all I want is front wheel drive. The rear wheels always know where to go, and simply roll along for the ride with front wheel drive.

In August I bought a 2014 Crosstrek w/ 96k-miles, 5-speed manual, original am-fm-cd disk player from NuCar Plymouth for $13k & $500-dealer prep, trading in a terri-bobble Corolla and a very good Element. For some unknown reason the dealer will make what should be a 30-minute transaction into a three hour transaction, while you sit there and twiddle your thumbs for 2 1/2-hours. I knew this would probably happen so I brought along a NY Times newspaper for killing 150-minutes of uncomfortable chair, sit-in-showroom time.

This 2014 Subaru Crosstrek has two separate small triangular glass windows where the vent windows would be, so why in holy heck does it not have two working vent windows with those swivel snap catches like from 1968! ... ..... back to the future in 2021! Big trucks like Mack and Freightliner still come with working vent windows in 2021 because 50% of truck drivers are cigarette smokers and they want a vent window. So, lets get with it Subaru and make a vent window retro-fit for my Crosstrek!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 12-09-2021 at 02:01 PM.
Old 12-09-2021, 01:06 PM   #17
FlyingScot

Quote:

We can disagree on Subaru Back back to your Kia--I would work the phones. You just need a dealer who is more focused on rapid turnover and volume than on price per car. Call every dealer within an hour from your home, tell them exactly what you want, and the price you will pay. Then give them a CC deposit if they will meet your price. We've done this at least 3 times with great success. On this most recent car just a few weeks ago it was the first number we called. The dealer was selling his cars as they were in transit.
Old 12-09-2021, 02:09 PM   #18
fatlazyless

Just looked at craigslist-nh and it has 35 different Subaru, all supposedly in NH, and all supposedly sold by private sellers, not by car dealer. If you are not doing a trade-in, buying from private seller is good way to go.

Belknap Subaru will do a free 21-point inspection ... http://www.belknapsubaru.com/service...care-month.htm .....with a written report on any Subaru so's you can take it there before buying it from lying private craigslist seller with unknown hidden car problem.

And, private sellers maybe want to get a report to show the buyer to help make the sale unless they got something to hide like it needs all new struts or a 4-wheel brake job, or has a serious hidden rust problem-o. .... https://lemonsquad.com

New Hampshire is a Subaru Village! ....... www.tssautomotiveco.com ...... Center Conway NH

Last edited by fatlazyless; 12-13-2021 at 06:49 PM.
Old 12-09-2021, 03:07 PM   #19
SailinAway

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
We can disagree on Subaru Back back to your Kia--I would work the phones. You just need a dealer who is more focused on rapid turnover and volume than on price per car. Call every dealer within an hour from your home, tell them exactly what you want, and the price you will pay. Then give them a CC deposit if they will meet your price. We've done this at least 3 times with great success. On this most recent car just a few weeks ago it was the first number we called. The dealer was selling his cars as they were in transit.
It could be a lot more difficult to get the price you want to pay on a used car, because apparently the markup is small, correct? And this isn't exactly a buyer's market right now.

One challenge with the Kia Soul is color. The only Soul colors I can tolerate are red and blue, and there are very few of those on the market. Looking at new cars on the road today, it seems that (thank God) the era of black, white, and gray/silver as the only colors available is over and there are a lot more reds, blues, etc. The Kia Soul colors have always been lousy. Alien green, anybody? Orange?
Old 12-10-2021, 06:15 AM   #20
thinkxingu

Quote:
It could be a lot more difficult to get the price you want to pay on a used car, because apparently the markup is small, correct? And this isn't exactly a buyer's market right now.

One challenge with the Kia Soul is color. The only Soul colors I can tolerate are red and blue, and there are very few of those on the market. Looking at new cars on the road today, it seems that (thank God) the era of black, white, and gray/silver as the only colors available is over and there are a lot more reds, blues, etc. The Kia Soul colors have always been lousy. Alien green, anybody? Orange?
Who cares? Just buy a car and be done with it. I mean, not to be harsh or nothing (I'm attempting to lighten this up with bad grammar), but there's way too much life energy being put into this process. Like, "looking at a Soul for two years"? It's a SOUL, friend, not a Bugatti.

And, had you bought it two years ago, price wouldn't have been an issue.

It's like FLL wasting his tinnitus-plagued years away with multiple broken snowblowers and cars while thousands of dollars of unused vessels sit rotting in his front yard.

Geesh!

Just sayin'. Please don't be angry. Let's never fight again. Hugs.

Old 12-10-2021, 07:04 AM   #21
pondguy

It's not easy it's like trying to choose a jet ski.
pondguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pondguy For This Useful Post:
TiltonBB (12-11-2021)
Old 12-10-2021, 07:33 AM   #22
thinkxingu

Quote:
Originally Posted by pondguy View Post
It's not easy it's like trying to choose a jet ski.
Hold on just a moment there, sir—there's a distinct difference between researching new models in the off-season that results in a purchase a few months later and spending years...never buying anything.

And, for the record, I'd take a thousand new jetski threads before another Covid one!

The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post:
pondguy (12-10-2021)
Old 12-10-2021, 10:28 AM   #23
SailinAway

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Who cares? Just buy a car and be done with it. I mean, not to be harsh or nothing (I'm attempting to lighten this up with bad grammar), but there's way too much life energy being put into this process. Like, "looking at a Soul for two years"? It's a SOUL, friend, not a Bugatti.

And, had you bought it two years ago, price wouldn't have been an issue.

It's like FLL wasting his tinnitus-plagued years away with multiple broken snowblowers and cars while thousands of dollars of unused vessels sit rotting in his front yard.

Geesh!

Just sayin'. Please don't be angry. Let's never fight again. Hugs.

Hugs to you too, sir. How important is color for me personally? 10 out of 10. I don't urgently "need" a KIA Soul. I have a perfectly fine car. I "want" a KIA Soul to simplify my recreational activities (see original post). Therefore it has to be just the right car. If you were longing for a Bugatti and saved up for it for years and the one you found happened to be alien green (for those who don't know, that's an actual Soul color), would you spring for it?

Why looking for a Soul for two years: (1) difficulty of test driving cars during the pandemic, (2) they come in a variety of packages, not all equally suitable for me, (3) COLOR.

I'll push the color question a step further and say that for the last 15 years, colors of cars and clothing have been mainly black, gray, and brown, plus white for cars. What those colors represent psychologically is well known: depression, loss of hope, loss of soul, sterility, low energy. Did Americans ask for these colors? Not at all. Clothing and car manufacturers decided that that was what we were getting. For 15 years we've been surrounded by this drab color landscape, which also represents a disconnect from the natural world. The psychedelic 60s and 70s---the era of bright colors to counteract the Vietnam War and race riots---are over.

KIA is trying to set a new trend with orange, yellow, and alien green cars. By this year they realized their error and brought back more reds and blues. I just have to wait until those colors are more available in used cars.

"Had you bought it two years ago, price wouldn't have been an issue." That observation pales in comparison to had I bought a HOUSE two years ago . . .

Comparing me to FLL is a low blow, but yes, we humans are a strange pile of irrational, conflicting thoughts, feelings, and actions. I bet we all recognize some part of ourselves in FLL.
Old 12-10-2021, 12:24 PM   #24
thinkxingu

Quote:
Hugs to you too, sir. How important is color for me personally? 10 out of 10. I don't urgently "need" a KIA Soul. I have a perfectly fine car. I "want" a KIA Soul to simplify my recreational activities (see original post). Therefore it has to be just the right car. If you were longing for a Bugatti and saved up for it for years and the one you found happened to be alien green (for those who don't know, that's an actual Soul color), would you spring for it?

Why looking for a Soul for two years: (1) difficulty of test driving cars during the pandemic, (2) they come in a variety of packages, not all equally suitable for me, (3) COLOR.

I'll push the color question a step further and say that for the last 15 years, colors of cars and clothing have been mainly black, gray, and brown, plus white for cars. What those colors represent psychologically is well known: depression, loss of hope, loss of soul, sterility, low energy. Did Americans ask for these colors? Not at all. Clothing and car manufacturers decided that that was what we were getting. For 15 years we've been surrounded by this drab color landscape, which also represents a disconnect from the natural world. The psychedelic 60s and 70s---the era of bright colors to counteract the Vietnam War and race riots---are over.

KIA is trying to set a new trend with orange, yellow, and alien green cars. By this year they realized their error and brought back more reds and blues. I just have to wait until those colors are more available in used cars.

"Had you bought it two years ago, price wouldn't have been an issue." That observation pales in comparison to had I bought a HOUSE two years ago . . .

Comparing me to FLL is a low blow, but yes, we humans are a strange pile of irrational, conflicting thoughts, feelings, and actions. I bet we all recognize some part of ourselves in FLL.
Posts like this always serve to remind me of how simple I am.

Good luck on your search, and hope your home is all good!

Old 12-10-2021, 03:26 PM   #25
TheTimeTraveler

Quote:

Speaking of car colors; Yellow seems to have disappeared from new car lots about 30 years ago.

Never seem able to find any new Yellow cars anymore. Last time I had one was back in 1984.
TheTimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 06:30 PM   #26
SailinAway

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimeTraveler View Post
Speaking of car colors; Yellow seems to have disappeared from new car lots about 30 years ago. Never seem able to find any new Yellow cars anymore. Last time I had one was back in 1984,.
Well here you go: https://www.truecar.com/used-cars-fo...c[]=Yellow
Old 12-10-2021, 07:45 PM   #27
fatlazyless

https://justdownsize.com/can-a-kia-s...small-trailer/ ...... shows 8900-lbs as the towing capacity for a 2021 Kia Soul, while it, the car, weighs 2844-lbs.

H-o-l-y ...... s-m-o-k-e-s ..... a towing capacity of 8900-lbs for a 2021 Kia Soul is what it says ...... is really something that a little Kia Soul can have a towing capacity of 8900-lbs.

W-o-w-i-e ...... z-o-w-i-e ....... have you looked at the report ....... 8900-lbs ...... who knew the little Kia Soul is basically similar to the John Deere tractor when it comes to towing with its weight to tow ration of 'one to three' ..... what with a 2844-lb car towing an 8900-lb trailer .....and 'nothing runs like a Deere'!

Lord have Mercy for anyone driving a Kia Soul down a hill while towing an 8900-lb trailer! .....
Old 12-11-2021, 01:25 PM   #28
SailinAway

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Posts like this always serve to remind me of how simple I am.
You should thank me for keeping you out of the Covid forum by giving you something else to think about. What do YOU think is the meaning of our drab colors for the past two decades? I mean the deeper social meaning. Surely it must have some meaning. If you go to Mars and all the Martians are wearing pink, that's got to mean something.

Check out this article on car colors: https://www.germaincars.com/most-popular-car-colors/ Quote: "Grayscale colors (white, black, gray, and silver) represent a total of 77.1% of all vehicles on the road in the United States."

Years ago it used to be known that black and gray were dangerous colors. You never hear about that anymore.
The Following User Says Thank You to SailinAway For This Useful Post:
DotRat (12-11-2021)
Old 12-11-2021, 01:27 PM   #29
SailinAway

Quote:
H-o-l-y ...... s-m-o-k-e-s
What exactly ARE you smoking? I keep wondering about that.
Old 12-11-2021, 03:32 PM   #30
John Mercier

Black vehicles tend to get hot in warm weather and show dirt/dings easily.

White vehicles hide the dings, but still show dirt pretty well.

Gray scale vehicles and sometimes beige/champagne are used like interior designers use gray on the walls of a room. They provide the neutral that a black and white cannot.
John Mercier is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John Mercier For This Useful Post:
ApS (03-14-2024), upthesaukee (12-11-2021)
Old 12-11-2021, 03:40 PM   #31
8gv

The color or one's vehicle matters...

Yellow was the color of my 1980 Ford Pinto. That allowed me to call it my "jello car" in my best Cheech and Chong accent.

Orange was the color of my Subaru Crosstrek. In the first week of ownership wifey and I were accosted by a loud unhinged nut job who was checking his mailbox in a residential neighborhood. He went off on us yelling about why would anyone make an orange car and why would anyone buy an orange car. We thought he was joking but as his rage escalated we accelerated the hell out of there!

Silver is my favorite as it allows months of carwash avoidance.

So yeah, color matters.
8gv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 08:31 PM   #32
thinkxingu

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8gv View Post
The color or one's vehicle matters...

Yellow was the color of my 1980 Ford Pinto. That allowed me to call it my "jello car" in my best Cheech and Chong accent.

Orange was the color of my Subaru Crosstrek. In the first week of ownership wifey and I were accosted by a loud unhinged nut job who was checking his mailbox in a residential neighborhood. He went off on us yelling about why would anyone make an orange car and why would anyone buy an orange car. We thought he was joking but as his rage escalated we accelerated the hell out of there!

Silver is my favorite as it allows months of carwash avoidance.

So yeah, color matters.
Color matters, sure, but—at least for me—not enough to psychoanalyze the shift in offerings throughout the decades.

I've had most every color, but white is the most logical to me—even when reasonably dirty, it almost always looks good and with a nice wash it shines; it stays cool in sun; and it's the easiest to cover scratches.

Black is the worst, but it looks awesome clean. Actual colors are for specific style cars. For example, the new Corvette belongs in blue while the Camaro always looked best in yellow and the Mustang in red...

Old 12-12-2021, 07:59 AM   #33
fatlazyless

In the linked article in my above post it says that prior to 2017, the Kia Soul had a towing capacity of 1000-lbs, and now the 2021-models have a towing capacity of 8900-lbs. There is NO difference in the size/weight between the pre-2017 and the 2021-model so what is the difference to allow the towing capacity to go from 1000-lbs to 8900-lbs?

This increase going from 1000-lbs to 8900-lbs is so extreme that it seems impossible for the Kia Soul to be doing it?

To do this the 2021-Soul would need a four wheel rear axle and some very good brakes all around including on the trailer.

That bright green color, alien green paint, is easily the #1 most happening color, plus it sometimes comes with a manual stick-shift ...... as seen in craigslist-nh.

Dec 9, 2021: NY Times-Business; "Tips for Buying a Used Car" ..... 21 paragraphs with 12 different links in article .... and talks about Carfax, Carvana, Vroom, and CarMax

Last edited by fatlazyless; 12-12-2021 at 12:58 PM.
Old 03-13-2024, 10:10 AM   #34
NIOMARVIN83

Quote:

So, you've been looking into getting a Kia Soul because it's just the right size for all your fun camping trips and hauling stuff for yard work or home projects. It's smaller than a Toyota Rav4 or Honda CR-V, which is perfect for you. The Kia Soul used to have really good marks for not breaking down and being a reliable car, even better than the Honda Fit. But lately, you've heard some talk about certain Kia Souls having engine troubles, and you're wondering if that's something to worry about. You're asking if anyone knows more about these problems or if they've had any trouble with their own Kia Soul.
NIOMARVIN83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 01:07 PM   #35
fatlazyless

This ..... www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kia_Soul ..... tells you the Kia Soul had its best sales year in 2015 with 147,133-sold in the U.S., and was down to 61,263- sold in 2023.

According to this Wikipedia reference it is still made with a 6-speed manual in 2023 and 2024.

Who knows, maybe there's one for sale in Craigslist-NH from either a private seller or from a dealer?

All wheel drive is way over-rated and totally not needed in central New Hampshire. A front wheel drive car like this Kia Soul is good-to-go and good on gasoline, too.

https://cupplescars.com in Belmont, NH usually has some manual transmission cars, and maybe they have a Kia Soul with a 5-speed or a 6-speed?
Old 03-13-2024, 01:21 PM   #36
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts
Default Welcome

Welcome to the Forum. At the top of this thread is posted that this thread is over 830 days old.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 01:40 PM   #37
thinkxingu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
Welcome to the Forum. At the top of this thread is posted that this thread is over 830 days old.
That post has to be AI/bot written.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
Old 03-13-2024, 03:49 PM   #38
Biggd

Thanked 1,068 Times in 673 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
Probably bought another new car by now.
Biggd is online now   Reply With Quote