Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2016, 02:57 PM   #1
mfitz

Default Condos in area

Does anyone have any recommendations on condos in Laconia area.
Looking for a two bedroom. It doesn't have to be on the water but maybe views.looking for a place that's more for weekends and maybe a week here and there.We have driven around the area but never see any open houses just for sale signs. We rent a slip in paugus bay so that's the area were looking for any help would be appreciated
Thanks
mfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 03:28 PM   #2
brk-lnt

Have you checked out South Down Shores? I think you might find what you are looking for there.
laketrout (06-27-2016)
Old 06-22-2016, 03:55 PM   #3
BobbyA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfitz View Post
Looking for a two bedroom. It doesn't have to be on the water but maybe views.looking for a place that's more for weekends and maybe a week here and there.We have driven around the area but never see any open houses just for sale signs. We rent a slip in paugus bay so that's the area were looking for any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Try doing a search thru http://www.beangroup.com/
They have a pretty easy search site.Good luck
BobbyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 03:59 PM   #4
Ms Molly McKever

Default Condo

Quote:
Thanks
Check out Marina Bay in Gilford across the street is Mt. View Yacht Club you can rent or buy a slip.
Ms Molly McKever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 04:03 PM   #5
Major

Default South Down Shores

Quote:
Thanks
I second SDS. Very nice community. Lots of 2 bed condos for sale. Great amenities. Call Roach Realty at 603-528-0088. Good luck.
Major is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Major For This Useful Post:
laketrout (06-27-2016)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2016, 06:11 PM   #6
Woody38

Default Condo in Laconia

There is a 2 bd, 2 ba condo at Rocky Ledge Shores Condos. Includes slip for
24 foot boat.
Woody38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 06:49 PM   #7
Mr. V

Check out Mallard Cove.
Mr. V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 05:50 AM   #8
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts
Default South Down

I 3rd South Down. I love it there. Lots of condo styles and choices and the amenities there are awesome.
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 09:09 AM   #9
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
I 3rd South Down. I love it there. Lots of condo styles and choices and the amenities there are awesome.
Quick question: the properties we visited at SDS were really far from the water. Do you have some basic info on distances of the villages from the lake? Thanks!

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 09:33 AM   #10
brk-lnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Quick question: the properties we visited at SDS were really far from the water. Do you have some basic info on distances of the villages from the lake? Thanks!

There is everything there from on the water (in essence, waterfront is technically shared, but there are units with direct water views), to units at the entrance off 106 which are either a moderately long walk, or a short drive.

As you might imagine, price varies accordingly.
thinkxingu (06-23-2016)
Old 06-23-2016, 10:20 AM   #11
kauriel

You should check out Village at Winnipesaukee. Some units have views and the pool is centrally located so it is only a short walk from most units. I don't see any current active listings in there but PM me if you would like more info or if you would like to see our unit which will eventually be going up for sale. We love it there but our dogs need more space so we are starting to look for a detached condo or single family.
kauriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 10:55 AM   #12
8gv

Quote:

Ya but...

You can get wifey a golf cart for her anniversary gift.
8gv is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 8gv For This Useful Post:
thinkxingu (06-23-2016)
Old 06-23-2016, 11:15 AM   #13
joey2665

Default South Down

Quote:

Brk-Int is correct. There are villages within SD like Daw, Highlands, Heights and others that have water views or there are others like Fells, Ferncroft, Colonel Hills, Hamptons, Gables Foliage and others that are a short walk or golf cart ride from the water.

I would estimate 75% of the owners in South Down and Long Bay have golf carts to travel around the community
Old 06-23-2016, 11:20 AM   #14
Winnisquamer

Any worries of sds ever losing their water rights? Can't remember when, but wasn't there a thread and some talk about the wow trail putting up a fence along it which would segregate the properties?? Dont remember the details as it didn't pertain to me. The possibility of buying a lake property that I might someday not have access to the lake on is a concern.
Winnisquamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 12:22 PM   #15
joey2665

Default Wow Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnisquamer View Post
Any worries of sds ever losing their water rights? Can't remember when, but wasn't there a thread and some talk about the wow trail putting up a fence along it which would segregate the properties?? Dont remember the details as it didn't pertain to me. The possibility of buying a lake property that I might someday not have access to the lake on is a concern.
There is always some concern but both Long Bay and South Down are well funded to defend the community and there generally feeling is it will never happen on our end on the lake. Remember in SD/LB there are no true "waterfront" homes. Many have unobstructed views to the lake but they are not true waterfront homes. In many cases there are 100's of yards between the homes and the lake. For example I have an unobstructed view but my home is at least 350 yards to the lake and nothing but common area in between.
Old 06-23-2016, 03:21 PM   #16
brk-lnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnisquamer View Post
It isn't really an issue of "losing water rights".

The railway has a right of way along the waterfront, South Down has an agreement to cross the railway for the marina, and to use the adjoining property.

A few years back there was a group trying to use the right-of-way next to the tracks to create a walking trail (the WOW trail) along the tracks. Part of that arrangement requires a fence to separate the walking trail from the tracks for safety purposes.

Southdown has been more opposed to the fence than to the trail itself, but either way, progress on the WOW trail appears to be mostly dead anyway.
Old 06-23-2016, 03:53 PM   #17
Major

Default WOW Trail

At this point, phase 3 may be a pipe dream. The organizers of the WOW trail are having a difficult time funding phase 2, which is around $1M. Phase 3 is much more expensive. (Around $20M?) I live in SD/LB, so my big worry is that the WOW trail receives a federal or state grant to fund the project. Then, as indicated in this thread, SD/LB would use its war chest to fight it. Let's hope it never gets to that.
Major is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 06:25 PM   #18
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default WOW Trail

Is very much alive and still pursuing expanding the trail to the Weirs. In fact Meredith likes the idea of expanding the trail to Meredith. Eventually there will be network of trails so that one may be able to bike from Meredith to Concord and or Hanover!

The state reserve the rights up to the shoreline. Maggie H has mentioned 'renting' the rights to abutters to access the lake, another revenue idea. I think SD/LB should be more concerned with this than the trail.

The old Lake Shore RR bed is another avenue for a recreation trail. The state on paper never really relinquished the rights despite what some land owners perceived. Abutters had to move a tear down structures when the sewage was expanded through Gilford along the old railroad bed. It stopped short of Ames Farm due to funding. It can start up again and eventually circumvent the lake.
Old 06-26-2016, 07:34 AM   #19
LuvLake

A 2BR unit at Stonecrest is for sale, Berkshire Hathaway is realtor.
LuvLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 08:09 PM   #20
laketrout

I have lived in Southdown and now in Long Bay. I would recommend South Down- cant beat it for amenities; tons of condos of all types and price ranges in between, and with tens of miles of private roads 1/2 the fun is driving your golf cart around along the water views and communities. You can walk, ride your bike or drive your car around but the best is buying a golf cart and just driving along...I highly recommend SDS and Long Bay. Long Bay is mostly single family homes but is connected by roads to South down.
laketrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:58 PM   #21
8gv

Ditto the previous post, on all counts.
8gv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 11:09 AM   #22
Rockslider

Default Rocky Ledge

Re: the earlier post on Rocky Ledge Shores -- we rented there a few times (I spent every summer growing up at its predecessor, Model Motel and Cottages, before they went condo), but were told a number of years ago that they no longer permitted rentals. Maybe that's changed again...
Rockslider is offline   Reply With Quote