Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-26-2009, 10:25 PM   #1
rick35

Default Meadowbrook is Loud!

While we were on vacation we noticed how loud Meadowbrook was all the way over to Bear. The wind must have been blowing our way as we don't usually hear it. We thought there was a party over on Mark but realized that wasn't the case. I can't imagine how loud it must be on that side of the lake. I guess you just have to open the windows and enjoy the shows.
rick35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:32 PM   #2
jetskier

Talking Try sitting at the concert

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick35 View Post
While we were on vacation we noticed how loud Meadowbrook was all the way over to Bear. The wind must have been blowing our way as we don't usually hear it. We thought there was a party over on Mark but realized that wasn't the case. I can't imagine how loud it must be on that side of the lake. I guess you just have to open the windows and enjoy the shows.
The music is so loud that you need to wear ear plugs if you are near the stage at all. We went to the concert last Friday and I brought several pairs of ear plugs. The bass (and amplified drums) are so loud that the pressure wave actually pushes you in your chair.

Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 06:53 AM   #3
VtSteve

I was at Meadowbrook for the Moody Blues last Saturday night. It didn't seem overly loud to me. Must have been just one of those nights where the sound on water just travels further.
VtSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:57 PM   #4
jetskier

Post It varies

Quote:
Originally Posted by VtSteve View Post
I was at Meadowbrook for the Moody Blues last Saturday night. It didn't seem overly loud to me. Must have been just one of those nights where the sound on water just travels further.
Some bands are very very loud and others are not. We saw Jethro Tull last year and the volume was very comfortable, even toward the front. Lynyrd Skynyrd was so loud that it was painful without ear plugs. So, it just depends who is playing. I always bring earplugs because you just don't know.

Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:06 PM   #5
mrportjeff

Default Meadowbrook

You should hear what it is like staying right behind Meadowbrook. Sometimes it is plain LOUD!
mrportjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2009, 09:27 AM   #6
LadyJane

Default it's loud

I was there last Monday night for the Allman Brothers and Wide Spread Panic. For part of the time I had little pieces of kleenex stuck in my ears. Very loud.
LadyJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:07 AM   #7
Island Life

I often wish it was just a tad louder so that, as I lie in bed at night on the island, I can make out the tune of the music instead of just hearing the distant noise. My apologies, though, to those of you who live closer.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:31 AM   #8
Dave R

Quote:

Any idea who was playing?
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:08 PM   #9
Moss Creek Media

I know Judas Priest played there around the 23rd, they are one of the loudest concerts anywhere.
Moss Creek Media is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:34 PM   #10
renegade-27

I wish it was louder! Never hear anything when staying over on the boat at Fay's...
renegade-27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:39 PM   #11
codeman671

Quote:
If you can hear Meadowbrook all the way over on Bear then maybe my wakeboard boat last year was not that loud after all....

I never hear Meadowbrook on Mark, but am on the backside of the hill.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:30 PM   #12
rick35

I think it was the way the wind was blowing. We hear the Mount passing some times too on its way back to the Weirs. From where we are its almost a straight shot over to Meadowbrook.

We've been on Bear for a long time. Loud wakeboarders, loud concerts, and new contruction on Mark are challenging to get used to.
rick35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 06:45 PM   #13
corollaman

Default I can hear it all the way to Paugus Bay

I live on Paugus near Cass Point, and I can faintly hear it at the house. I wish I lived near the concert, I'd get to hear the concerts for free!
corollaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:17 PM   #14
codeman671

Quote:
I think it was the way the wind was blowing. We hear the Mount passing some times too on its way back to the Weirs. From where we are its almost a straight shot over to Meadowbrook.

We've been on Bear for a long time. Loud wakeboarders, loud concerts, and new contruction on Mark are challenging to get used to.
My construction was 5 years ago so you aren't hearing much from me...

No wakeboarding at my house this year, just lots of dogs and kids.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:37 PM   #15
JonLevis

I could hear the whole concert and audience loud and clear at Fay's! At least I didn't have to pay for a ticket!
JonLevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:48 PM   #16
Gilligan

Thumbs down GFBL Noise versus Meadowbrook noise

Lots of complaints about GFBL boat noise and loud cycles yet not many complaints about the noise from Meadowbrook. The boats and bikes are not constantly emitting noise.

Meadowbrook noise is long, loud and consistent. When there is a show the noise runs until at least 11 PM and sometimes longer. Then, depending on the show, there are loud people slowly leaving or loitering. Some of them less than sober.

Try relaxing in any of the nearby motels or condos or sleeping on your boat at Mountain View Yacht Club when there is a concert going on. It's rough. Particularly if you have youngsters that are used to going to sleep around 8:30 or 9 PM.

I've been told that there are now noise limits and time limits on the concerts that have been put in place over the last few years. I don't notice any difference. Meadowbrook disturbs the peace and quiet we used to enjoy in the evenings.