Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Snowmobiling
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2017, 11:27 PM   #1
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Unhappy Our trails are "Officially Closed"

I got an E-mail late this afternoon requesting me to post the following.

Hi George. would you announce that our trails are now closed. Gates will close and rope barriers will be strung over the next few days.

We have gotten several request from several Landowners to CLOSE the Trials that are on their Properties.

One ride up or down Moultonboro Neck (by Car) Road and you can see the result of too many Warm and Rainy Days we have had over the last several weeks.

It looked like the Start of the Season gave us the hope of recovering from the "Snowless" Season we had last year.

Our Club, the Moultonboro Snowmobile Club. had a tremendous resurgence in Membership from last Season. During the January Long Weekend/Mass School Vacation Week. I processed over 250 Applications. See all you need is SNOW!

I would like to thank those that joined our Club this season.

Last edited by WINNOCTURN; 03-02-2017 at 10:33 AM.
WINNOCTURN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WINNOCTURN For This Useful Post:
Lakegeezer (03-02-2017), trfour (03-02-2017), upthesaukee (03-02-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 10:55 AM   #2
GTO

Default once again, thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINNOCTURN View Post
I got an E-mail late this afternoon requesting me to post the following.

Hi George. would you announce that our trails are now closed. Gates will close and rope barriers will be strung over the next few days.

We have gotten several request from several Landowners to CLOSE the Trials that are on their Properties.

One ride up or down Moultonboro Neck (by Car) Road and you can see the result of too many Warm and Rainy Days we have had over the last several weeks.

It looked like the Start of the Season gave us the hope of recovering from the "Snowless" Season we had last year.

Our Club, the Moultonboro Snowmobile Club. had a tremendous resurgence in Membership from last Season. During the January Long Weekend/Mass School Vacation Week. I processed over 250 Applications. See all you need is SNOW!

I would like to thank those that joined our Club this season.
I have been a member of the Moultonboro Snowmobile Club for 3 years now. The first winter was great! second winter, the sleds never left the trailer and this winter, got some riding in but it went by way too fast. Thank you to all the volunteers that maintain the trails, not just my club but all the clubs. Without these people, we would not be able to enjoy what we have. Its unfortunate that you have to deal with irate landowners because a few idiots can't stay on marked trails and we all appreciate you doing that and sometimes looking for alternative routes if things don't work out. A lot of work for a few months of enjoyment. Thanks for all you do!!
trfour (03-02-2017), WINNOCTURN (03-02-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 11:28 AM   #3
Biggd

Thanked 1,068 Times in 673 Posts

Short and very dangerous season.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 06:26 AM   #4
stynx55

If you guys get a significant storm on Tuesday is it possible the trails would be opened, or are they closed for the year?
stynx55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 09:26 AM   #5
Lakegeezer

Default Sandwich Notch

On Monday, the Squam Trailbusters posted this on its Facebook page.

Sandwich notch was groomed last night. Tommy says the riding there is good to excellent. You will want to trailer to the notch to ride there until this next storm comes in. Trails getting to the notch have been marked better but we will need this next storm not to have to trailer there. All our other trails are groomed but need more snow to be able to ride. Thanks Tom Janelle for all your time grooming.

Doesn't look like Moultonboro SMC will reopen its trails. Maybe the state will drop the gate on the Castle Trails?