Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-21-2012, 09:41 AM   #1
dykg

Default any luck with Priceline?

Hi forum members,

I am curious to know if anyone has had any luck using Priceline in getting a great price for lodging in the lakes region area (Laconia, Meredith, Gilford, etc) on a 4 star hotel. I don't think there are any 5 star hotels. I have never used the site before and I understand you can name your own price and it could be accepted by the hotel that is not known to you at the time of bidding. I was thinking about giving it a shot and try something different. Please provide any insight in your experience with Priceline.

Thanks!

DYKG
dykg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:52 AM   #2
brk-lnt

What would qualify as a 4-star hotel in the area? Maybe some of the Meredith hotels?

Since we own a condo in the area, I haven't used Priceline to try to book anything there. I have used it extensively in the past for business purposes and usually end up with a decent (but not what I would consider stellar) deal in most locations.

You can try calling the hotel front desk. First ask them for their occupancy rate during the time you want to book, and then if they have a lot of vacancy you can sometimes negotiate with the desk clerk a moderate amount.
dykg (08-21-2012)
Old 08-21-2012, 12:06 PM   #3
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,054 Times in 497 Posts
Default Priceline...

As a very frequent traveler for business, I used Priceline on occasion. Frankly, the only thing I did was use them to "narrow down" the hotels that looked like they would suit my needs. I looked at the reviews and looked for a consistent "quality" based on the reviews people posted.

After making a list of what looked good and noting the Priceline price and the hotels phone number I would call the hotels directly and 9 out of 10 times get a better deal booking directly with the hotel.

The other thing I learned about Priceline was... if you do book with them, they will fill your email with junk forever! I would strongly advise that you get yourself a free Yahoo or GMail account and use that for any of the travel and shopping sites you buy from.

I will say that I've never had any friends that stayed at Church Landing in Meredith that didn't rave about the experience... just sayin...
dykg (08-21-2012)