Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2018, 10:05 AM   #1
Rattletrap

Default Had to share

I saw this on-line and thought it was a good reminder of how lucky we all are to be able to enjoy such an amazing pastime

Every boat trip takes you a millions miles away from your daily routine. Out on the water you can play by your own rules. (After all, you’re the captain.) You can leave your stress on shore and just go!
Boating is the original social network. It’s true. Boaters are a friendly lot—when we pass each other, we smile and wave! As a boater you’re part of a community of people who share your love of the water, the outdoors and having fun. And, let’s face it, there’s no such thing as a lonely boater—if you have a boat, you can always find someone eager to join you on your next on-water adventure.
Boating is good for your health—physical and mental. Spending active time outdoors on your boat is as good for your body as it is for your mind. Being out in the fresh air and sunshine boosts your mood, as much as the physical activity required contributes to your overall fitness.
You’re never too young or too old to have fun on a boat. Even if your crew includes tots, tweens, teens and grandparents there are activities everyone on board can enjoy—fishing, tubing, and sightseeing come to mind immediately. And with a little prep, Fido can cruise with the family, too.
Boating isn’t really about the boat. It’s about relationships—the people you boat with. Spending time together on the water is one of the best ways to connect with your loved ones. And best of all, it doesn’t matter whether your boat is the latest model or a cruiser that’s been around the lake a few hundred times, the moments that turn into lasting memories are waiting to happen as soon as you step on deck.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:36 AM   #2
Water Camper

Default Had to share

Totally agree. Thanks for posting !

Now back to shoveling/snowblowing my driveway and decks.

Bill
Water Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 11:27 AM   #3
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

That is awesome. People that do not boat will never understand the pleasure and serenity that boating and being on the water brings.
joey2665 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:10 PM   #4
KPW

I saw it on I boat Lake Winnipesaukee on facebook.
KPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 09:39 PM   #5
Woody38

Once boating gets in the blood it stays forever. Mine started at age 13 on Lake Erie and still exists with a few interruptions and now older (won't say the age presently).

---------------------------------------
I am a retired workaholic and continuing aquaholic.
Woody38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links