Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2020, 09:23 AM   #1
Garcia

Default Opening up

My plan to open up as soon after ice out a possible has not changed. The uncertainty, and something I can't control, is the boat. As of right now, my spring launch is still scheduled and the marina is still planning to launch boats; hopefully that does not change. I'm guessing no gas will be available, but that's an easy work around.

Once the house is open, I plan to use it as I normally would this time of year - typically on weekends. While my kids are out of school for the rest of the year, I cannot see all three in the small camp being able to attend school remotely as I try to do the same with my work.

Once I get the the island I stay there, with the exception of doing some fishing. I'm looking forward to the escape, comfort, and small sense of normalcy that the camp has provided all my life.

What about you? Planning to open and use your place as you normally would (if you can, of course) or are you planning to stay away? My assumption is that for the foreseeable future there will be very few people on the lake. I hope to be one of them who is safely enjoying the tranquility that the island offers!
Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 09:32 AM   #2
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

We are planning to open as soon as possible—our season doesn't begin until May 1st, but we went up yesterday to start the process.

My family is a unit with only one point of contact with the outside: my wife, who does the shopping, grabs the takeout, etc. So, other than that small potential, and the ethical question of "putting others (first responders, etc.) at risk," I consider us free.

My boat is scheduled to be picked up the weekend of the 1st of May, but I hadn't thought much about access to fuel. Like you said, that should be easy to overcome, especially for short rides.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 10:32 AM   #3
FlyingScot

We arm-twisted our son and his girlfriend to move from Brooklyn into Tuftonboro quarantine just shy of two weeks ago, along with plenty of food for 2. Thankfully they are just fine, and almost ready for human contact. We will join them in May. I expect this Summer to be plenty of great lake time, but more isolated than most--even if things are lifted. We're lucky enough to be on the water, so we do not have to be in proximity to anyone, except for the grocery and transfer station.
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 10:38 AM   #4
Susie Cougar

If everyone moving in to the Lakes Region from out of state would just self isolate for 14 days, then everyone would be OK. Like the previous poster said, you only need to have enough food and supplies for two weeks. No one in your family should be going out during that time. Let’s all be safe.
Susie Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Susie Cougar For This Useful Post:
JEEPONLY (03-29-2020), map (03-29-2020), Paugus Bay Resident (03-29-2020)
Old 03-29-2020, 10:48 AM   #5
Garcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie Cougar View Post
If everyone moving in to the Lakes Region from out of state would just self isolate for 14 days, then everyone would be OK. Like the previous poster said, you only need to have enough food and supplies for two weeks. No one in your family should be going out during that time. Let’s all be safe.
Not a problem for me. I go to the island to avoid people! I can’t be there for two weeks, unfortunately, but I promise I won’t come into contact with anyone.
Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Garcia For This Useful Post:
Susie Cougar (03-29-2020)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2020, 12:17 PM   #6
Alton Bay Ace

Location: Alton Bay NH - York, Maine - Chester NH - Nashua NH
Post Getting Back the the Lake

All we really need to do is follow the simple rules put in place by the medical community: wash your hands frequently and with soap and warm water; use sanitizer after touching anything questionable - gas pump handles, store door handles, open food in the store, etc. - cough into your elbow sleeve not into your hands, and stay safe distances of at least 6' from other people or, better yet, avoid people entirely where feasible.

We can get though this if everyone would cooperate. If not this can go on and on, just like the Flu Pandemic in 1918, which took almost a full year to run its course and killed upwards of 100,000,000 people.

Everyone plays their part and we get back on The Lake as soon as we can!!
Alton Bay Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Alton Bay Ace For This Useful Post:
map (03-29-2020)