Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-26-2014, 02:30 PM   #1
jkjoshuatree

Default Two Day, Six Restaurants

1. Garwood's.

I get the location. I get the fact that it's on the water. I get that I've been there over a dozen times…

What I don't get is why I keep going back. I know, I know…that's all on me.

We started with the hummus plate-6 slices of cucumbers, 6 olives, and pita bread. $10??????? Really????

Then came the trout and steak tips. The trout was very good. The veggies and rice that came with it were mediocre. I got 3 steak tips…undercooked and both the steak and mashed were cold-not luke-warm, but cold.

The waitress NEVER came back to see if everything was okay and/or to see if we needed a drink refill.

No I did not complain-life is too short, I know the waitress was new, and I don't want anything in return…other than the common sense to never go back there.

$73 including tip. And we didn't drink alcohol-2 iced teas. That's WAY too much in my opinion, especially since the service was bad, the food was cold and the portions were tiny.

Again…my fault. I should've known better.

2. Bailey's Bubble.

One word. Absolutelyfreakingdelicious!!! As always.

3. Strawberry Patch.

I've been coming to the lake for over 40 years and had never been. It was good. Breakfast is breakfast in my opinion and the food was warm, cooked perfectly and the service was top notch. LOVED the fact that they had gluten-free toast! Surprisingly quiet (10:30 am on Sunday).

4. Carriage House

Amazing view, perfect temps and was VERY pleasantly surprised with both the service and food. We were told that kitchen was super backed up and it'd be quite a wait but that we were free to sit at out table. Thought that was a nice touch . Neither of us are ever in any rush so we didn't mind in the least.

I got the quinoa salad with steak and it was delish and fresh. She got the faro salad (so did almost everyone else seated around us) and it was amazing. Very satisfying. We got the sweet potato fries too (hey…I'm on vacation…don't judge).

5. East of Suez.

Loved it!! I had been once before and didn't know what to order but I loved the vibe and funky laid-back atmosphere.

We arrived late (8:30) and were told most of the specials were gone. We tried the only one left (skewered meatballs that were excellent). We also got the beef satay (appetizer) and Pad Thai and Korean Bulgoki for entrees.

The Pad Thai was def in the top three I've ever had. It was all very good and she (first time) LOVED the atmosphere too. We'd both go back in a heartbeat.

6. Morrissey's Front Porch

As I said, breakfast is breakfast but I like the family-friendly feeling of it and the home fries that came with my mushroom omelette were very tasty. Plenty of food, kind wait staff and inexpensive prices (she was surprised) is a definite thumbs up in my book.

5 out of 6 with a thumbs up (3 very enthusiastically!)

And I'll add this before I shut up-Nolan's looked and smelled amazing but I'm gluten free so we had to pass after looking at their menu. But it was bustling and everything looked fresh and cooked to order.
Just Sold (05-26-2014), RLW (05-26-2014), trfour (05-26-2014)
Old 05-26-2014, 05:54 PM   #2
Mr. Prop-B-Gone

Default Strawberry Patch

We love the Strawberry Patch! In the interest of full disclosure, we know the owner, and John works very hard to make sure everything is as perfect as it can be.
Mr. Prop-B-Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Prop-B-Gone For This Useful Post:
jkjoshuatree (05-27-2014)
Old 05-27-2014, 01:52 AM   #3
Greene's Basin Girl

Default Carriage House

Are you talking about the Carriage House at Castle In The Clouds?
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 08:12 AM   #4
jkjoshuatree

Default Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green's Basin Girl View Post
Are you talking about the Carriage House at Castle In The Clouds?
Yup. I'm talking about the one at Castle in the Clouds. I was very impressed with the food.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:29 AM   #5
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default Carriage House

I think Gretchen Shortway of Gretchen's in Glendale is the executive chef. She is an excellent chef!