Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-20-2016, 01:18 PM   #1
Frdxplorer

Default Meadowbrook by Boat

My friends and I are heading up in July for a show at Meadowbrook. I did a search and found some old threads, but nothing definitive. I was curious if anybody has ever had any luck with finding a spot to dock up for Meadowbrook.

Thanks!
Frdxplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 02:05 PM   #2
Phantom

ABSOLUTELY not !

MVYC, Silver Sands (both Marina & Hotel) will not allow it ..... the rest is Private Property outside of the Gilford Town Beach (good luck trying that).

some have simply anchored off Silver Sands, but you become a victim of wind direction as to what you can hear and how clearly you can hear it even on a good day.

I happen to live right in that area, and I can assure you all we hear, at best, is the Base note beats and the cheers at the end of a song

Hope this helps!

Old 06-21-2016, 10:46 AM   #3
Gatto Nero

A couple of years ago for a ZBB concert we had friends of ours, who were not going to the concert, drive my boat while the rest of us "watergated". They dropped us off for the show then took the boat to dinner at Lago and came back to pick us up when it was over. We had a blast and we had a DD to get us home safely. My wife and I are doing the same for my kids and their friends this weekend.
Old 06-21-2016, 12:27 PM   #4
Dave R

The venue is a 1.7 mile walk from Glendale docks. Could that be an option? I walk/hike an awful lot so 3.4 miles would be nothing for me. Not sure what the rules are for the docks though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatto Nero View Post
A couple of years ago for a ZBB concert we had friends of ours, who were not going to the concert, drive my boat while the rest of us "watergated". They dropped us off for the show then took the boat to dinner at Lago and came back to pick us up when it was over. We had a blast and we had a DD to get us home safely. My wife and I are doing the same for my kids and their friends this weekend.
Brilliant plan.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 12:50 PM   #5
Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R View Post
The venue is a 1.7 mile walk from Glendale docks. Could that be an option? I walk/hike an awful lot so 3.4 miles would be nothing for me. Not sure what the rules are for the docks
Not that there's any meters, but technically the docks have a 3 hour limit

Old 06-21-2016, 02:27 PM   #6
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post

Well, it's not like they are near the marine patrol headquarters or anything, oh wait...
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 02:36 PM   #7
Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post

MP can't even "chalk your tires"
Outdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 02:39 PM   #8
Taz

Default By Boat

Whats the fascination with going to Meadowbrook by boat? Just drive like everyone else. Its not like the music sounds better because you arrived by boat.
Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 02:51 PM   #9
Gatto Nero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz View Post
Whats the fascination with going to Meadowbrook by boat? Just drive like everyone else. Its not like the music sounds better because you arrived by boat.
If we have to explain, you wouldn't understand.
BroadHopper (06-21-2016), Dave R (06-22-2016), Descant (06-21-2016), Frdxplorer (06-21-2016), GTO (06-22-2016), Joby (06-21-2016), Reilly (06-22-2016), smith point boater (06-22-2016), thinkxingu (06-21-2016), TiltonBB (06-21-2016), upthesaukee (06-21-2016)
Old 06-21-2016, 06:06 PM   #10
Frdxplorer

Thanks all! I checked with the town of Gilford because I wasn't sure if the docks were reserved for residents. They seemed to indicate they were, and even if not, the three hour limit would prevent us from doing that.

The designated boater idea sounds like the best plan, but we'll all be hitting the show so no drop off/ pick up possible.

Thanks to everyone for their responses.
Frdxplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 06:22 PM   #11
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default Gilford Dock

In the past I would arrive around 7 PM and walk to the venue. The officer on duty usually leaves around eight. There is no one checking the three hour limit. Usually after 1 AM an officer would check for boats as overnight stays are not allowed. So I would leave before 1 AM in the morning. This gives me plenty of time to enjoy the show and return to the boat. No traffic!
Old 06-21-2016, 06:30 PM   #12
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default Town of Gilford

With the amount of taxes Meadowbrook brings in you would think the town would allow extended stays for Meadowbrook patrons.

In the past there was a big riff between Gilford islanders and Shore residents. There is almost no place for residents to enjoy the facilities by boat while there are plenty of slips on the island docks. Remember, Gilford is the only town on the lake that caters to the islanders.

Little by little there is more 3 hour slips each year, but still not enough for the shore residents.
Old 06-21-2016, 06:51 PM   #13
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts
Default No Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
In the past I would arrive around 7 PM and walk to the venue. The officer on duty usually leaves around eight. There is no one checking the three hour limit. Usually after 1 AM an officer would check for boats as overnight stays are not allowed. So I would leave before 1 AM in the morning. This gives me plenty of time to enjoy the show and return to the boat. No traffic!
Please count me as one Gilford resident/taxpayer who would prefer that the rules are followed. The docks are for the use of residents and taxpayers.

It doesn't help to publicize methods for non residents to tie up the docks. You never know when the docks will fill up or some drunk returning from a concert will hit a legally parked boat. The last thing we need is concert parking.

Maybe Meadowbrook could offer a shuttle from the PUBLIC docks in Laconia.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post:
ishoot308 (06-22-2016)
Old 06-21-2016, 08:54 PM   #14
rick35

Its interesting to hear Gilford residents protecting their dock space. I can't tell you how many times I've had to squeeze into the dirt lot at Shep Browns because the lower parking lot is full. I know that a lot of Mark and Mink Island people park there which causes parking problems for me and as a Meredith taxpayer I'm not thrilled about it. l wish the parking was reserved for Meredith taxpayers and guests but that's not the Meredith model of welcoming people to the town.
rick35 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rick35 For This Useful Post:
pondguy (06-22-2016)
Old 06-22-2016, 04:37 AM   #15
Reilly

Default Fun on Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz View Post
So are you saying that Food dosen't taste any better by boat ??? I think alot of people would argue that. The Boat makes everything more Fun
Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 06:06 AM   #16
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default all to the detriment of Glendale businesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
With the amount of taxes Meadowbrook brings in you would think the town would allow extended stays for Meadowbrook patrons.

In the past there was a big riff between Gilford islanders and Shore residents. There is almost no place for residents to enjoy the facilities by boat while there are plenty of slips on the island docks. Remember, Gilford is the only town on the lake that caters to the islanders.

Little by little there is more 3 hour slips each year, but still not enough for the shore residents.
All this to the detriment of those who want to dine at Lyons or walk to Sawyers and Patricks.

Can't cater to just one business, in my humble opinion.