Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-15-2017, 09:24 PM   #1
Smith Point

Default I feel like i'm getting ripped off

Does anyone else feel that the state of NH is gouging the "out-of-staters"?

$66.00 for a fishing licence and $55.00 for a derby ticket! $121.00 per person to have the opportunity to win a 16' tracker boat?
that should be the first place Junior division. on top of that "all fish must be DEAD" or you would be "admittedly disqualified"? wasn't it a couple of years ago that they canceled the derby because of lack of healthy salmon? "they" should have a big-old swimming pool on weris boulevard to show-off, display and promote the incredible salmon and lake trout of lake winnipesaukee! plus the kids would love it, in fact I would love it.
if i was in charge i would have a clear plastic shute from weris boulevard to the lake to release the fish back into the big pond.
in my opinion the state and derby officials are grabbing as much money as they can from the "rich people" (on the lake) to pay for the poor people in the state. (don't get me wrong I was a boy scout and would do anything to support them) but this year i'm NOT getting a derby ticket. I fish it to reunite with good friends and family, not to make the state get richer.
I am the first person to shut down the moaners goners and complainers about living life on winni, (the best place on earth) but this year the state is just taking the greed a little to far, probably to pay for the new marine patrol headquarters.
so watch out this year the MP is going to be out in full force this year.
but i don't care, there's no place i would rather be. (plus they would never catch me) i hope
P.S. We have property on SP.
Smith Point is offline   Reply With Quote